Running The Half, Dis Meets, Deluxe Dining,& SSR! BACK. Had a great time!

Cool, Lynn, looking forward to the new trip! Always love the pictures and descriptions you put out there!

9 days, though, you may have to break this TR into 2 different threads :lmao:

Again, thank you so much for sharing with us. I look forward to your threads, as they are always interesting and fun to read. It helps me some days more than you will ever know!

Good Luck with the ADRs!!

It's okay..wow...I"ve just started eating tuna...:lmao: it's the same with dbf if he hears the word 'Segway' he's in no matter what!!!

Me too. I tried a piece of Tim's tuna steak from Kona. YUMMY!! So delicious.

Him and Tim would get along great I think lol.

NYC.. that should be fun.. I've never been.. I"ve always thought about taking a bus tour there from Ottawa.... besides WOD what else will you do?

You should go. There is so much to do there. Central Park is gorgeous, and it has a zoo. I have never been to the zoo, but earlier today we did get to walk by central park. You can see shows on Broadway. I want to see Mary Poppins, and The Lion King. I loved the Little Mermaid. There are a ton of museums as well. The Wax museum is really cool. We have not done it yet, but I hear it's great.

Lynn
I see that you have some very good things to say about the wave? how was your experience there? The menu looks delicious and the pictures of the place look amazing!! I am very exciting to try to -- we changed WCC to eat at the wave and I think it was a very good choice LOL. How "organic" is the wave? and what entrees?/desserts would you recommend? I looked at the menu and was thinking about the grilled beef tenderloin! I love healthy food-- so if this place is at least a little bit healthy it will be right up my alley!! I am really excited to try this place!!!

~Desiree

Hi Desiree. I think that they offer very healthy meals there. Everything we had tasted very fresh, and very flavorful. Here is a link to my review on the restaurant... this should help you out.

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2203787

Hey Lynn! Sounds like fun!! :yay:My boyfriend and I would always drive up to NYC and that was like always our first stop.. and retard me goes upstairs to see which characters were going to be in the "friendship room" LOL!!!!
We haven't been there since Dec/Jan. we cant wait to go up !!!

Another *must* stop for us is "Bleeker Street Pizza" in Greenwich Village, YummY!!!http://nymag.com/listings/restaurant/bleecker-street-pizza/ Best pizza ever! Good NY pizza! Right across the street from that pizza shop is a Mexican restaurant we also ate at called "Caliente" VERY good fajitas(heres the site http://www.calientecab.com/! My fave "sweet shop" to go to is called "Billy's Cupcakes"... BEST DARN CUPCAKES ever.. heres the website http://www.billysbakerynyc.com/! haha.. they are like $3.95/cupcake BUT its like getting a slice of cake.. its so big and most of all fresh!!!

Anyways have a great time.. how do you usually travel to NYC... train?
If you guys get a chance if its a nice day go to the top of the 'Empire State Building' BEAUTIFUL view.. although I do have to say I was scared to death.. because we did this after 9/11 it was a bit scary going up all those flights out to the observation deck, I have some great pictures! I was shaky though up there.. haha..

I also heard the "Crown" of the Statue of Liberty is now open too!

Yeah we take the train in. It's so easy!!! We just got back a little bit ago. Round 5. We went to Crumbs!!! YUMMY!! I'm going to look into the websites you gave me. We will check those places out when we go next time!! Thanks!

Hey Lynn! So my BF and I were at Barnes & Nobles the other day :rotfl: checking up on *any* new Disney books, so we go over to the travel and saw a NEW ONE!! haha... It was called "MouseJunkies" by Bill Burke.. did you see or get this yet.. it said published:June 09' so definitley new!
444896.jpg
. I flipped through the pages, it wasn't all that appealing like the "The Hidden Magic Of Walt Disney World" which I have completed LOL only took a week at work:lmao:
9781605500638.jpg
[/IMG]

OOOH I did not see that one yet!!! I still have to finish the Hidden Magic book. I love it so far. I'm trying to finish Twilight right now though haha.

Oh and my salon got the email you sent them. That was so nice of you. Did they get back in touch with you at all?

Hey Lynn, I haven't caught up with everything yet but I wanted to get in on this PTR before I was too late! So I'm here now too :goodvibes :thumbsup2

Hi!!!!! Glad you got over here early!!

Hey Lynn!!!! New TR!! Woo Hoo! Waiting for more with bated breath. Noticed you want to go to some of the places we have ADRs for. Can't wait for that too! :

Hi!! I can't wait to book my ADRs.

Oh my gosh I am so late!!! Need to reserve my place here and get back to the beginning to start reading!!!
Tracy

LOL you're not late lol! I just started, no worries.

Have fun in NYC!

Thank you!! We had a good time. I have to upload some of the pics, and then I will post some.

Have fun tomorrow!

Thank you!!!
IM HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool1:

I just realized you started your PTR! It has already taken off while mine is slowly moving along. :rotfl:

This will be a fun trip because we will be there together! Woo hoo! :yay:

Hey Toni!!! How was the shore? Looks like you had a great time, you're so lucky!! I have to get to the beach soon!!!

Yeah it's going to be even more awesome because you are in it LOL!!:hug: And all of our other awesome friends!!!!

Hey Lynn! Just wanted to let you know I am subbing to your report! I enjoyed lurking on your last report--you guys are a great couple! Can't wait to read what you are planning for this one:

Hi!! Thank you for signing up!

Aww thanks! As soon as I get park hours, I can start the major planning.

Hey Lynn, I just finished reading all your TR and this PTR, I loved every minute of it. This will be my DF first trip, I'm hoping he loves it as much as Tim seems to. That way he'll be on board of buying DVC.

Aww will it? That is soo much fun!!! I love it when you go with somebody for their first time!!! I'm sure he will love it, and you guys will have a blast.

Hey Lynn. Looks like I'm a little late for the PTR. I didn't know you started! Oh well......let's go! You'll have to tell us about your NYC trip & the stop at the WoD store.

HI!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah I started like last week I think lol. We had a nice little trip to NYC. I will post about it eventually.

Hey Lynn
I've lurked on your TR reports before, but I just had to comment this time when I read that your half goal is 2 hours. That is awesome:worship: You are way faster than me. I've done a couple of halfs (Disneyland and Baltimore) and both of them were a bit over 3 hours:eek: I'm thinking maybe I'll try to be under 3 for the half in January but I get so distracted by all the characters and fun. I'd say see you at the race, but it's pretty obvious all I'll be seeing of you is dust

Hi!!! Yeah I'm going to try my hardest. I think I should be able to do it. When I run comfortably (the past couple runs) outside, I do an 8 minute mile. So that would put me at like 1:40:00 something, I think lol. If I can maintain an 8 min mile the whole time.

AHH it's going to be so hard for me to not get distracted by the characters lol. I just have to tell myslef, the faster I get done, the faster I can get to the parks LOL!!! I'm nuts.

Well if you do spot me, please say hello!!

So I've got round to your pre-trippie! Love your food plans and it will be great that you get to see some of the festive stuff left. I am glad you are enjoying school and hope you have a great time in NYC.

So excited for Harry Potter I can't wait hoping that the new Harry Potter Land at Universal is going to be open when we go next year.

HEY!!!! Yes I'm so happy we will get to see some of the Christmas decorations!! You have no idea how excited I am.

Thanks, we had a great time in NYC. AHH I can't wait for HP!!! I'm watching the marathon on ABC family now haha!

Oh I'm so going when HP Land opens up haha.

Cool, Lynn, looking forward to the new trip! Always love the pictures and descriptions you put out there!

9 days, though, you may have to break this TR into 2 different threads

Again, thank you so much for sharing with us. I look forward to your threads, as they are always interesting and fun to read. It helps me some days more than you will ever know!

Good Luck with the ADRs!!

Hi! Aww I'm so glad my TRs helps you get through your days. That is what I like to do.

Thank you, I think we will get everything we want. Hopefully.

Hi!!! Yeah I'm going to try my hardest. I think I should be able to do it. When I run comfortably (the past couple runs) outside, I do an 8 minute mile. So that would put me at like 1:40:00 something, I think lol. If I can maintain an 8 min mile the whole time.

AHH it's going to be so hard for me to not get distracted by the characters lol. I just have to tell myslef, the faster I get done, the faster I can get to the parks LOL!!! I'm nuts.

Well if you do spot me, please say hello!!

If you actually can maintain an 8 min mile:worship: that gives you 20 minutes to meet characters right? ;)

You should go. There is so much to do there. Central Park is gorgeous, and it has a zoo. I have never been to the zoo, but earlier today we did get to walk by central park. You can see shows on Broadway. I want to see Mary Poppins, and The Lion King. I loved the Little Mermaid. There are a ton of museums as well. The Wax museum is really cool. We have not done it yet, but I hear it's great.

Did you hear that The Little Mermaid is closing on Broadway at the end of August!? :sad2: I'm bummed I was hoping to eventually see it but I don't think I'm going to get to now. I've seen both Mary Poppins and The Lion King, and IMHO Lion King is AMAZING, Mary Poppins is ok. I wish Beauty and the Beast was still on, LOVED that show!!

If you actually can maintain an 8 min mile:worship: that gives you 20 minutes to meet characters right? ;)

HAHA that's true!!

Did you hear that The Little Mermaid is closing on Broadway at the end of August!? :sad2: I'm bummed I was hoping to eventually see it but I don't think I'm going to get to now. I've seen both Mary Poppins and The Lion King, and IMHO Lion King is AMAZING, Mary Poppins is ok. I wish Beauty and the Beast was still on, LOVED that show!!

Aww is it? I'm so sad the WOD store is closing after the holiday :(

OOH does this mean they will bring Beauty and the Beast back because they are getting rid of The Little Mermaid??

We are finally going up to NYC! We didn't get a chance to get up a couple of weeks ago, but we are going tomorrow. My SIL Shannon is coming with us, and our friend Steve (we hooked them up) Shannon is back to her normal, happy self, so we are so happy. She's over the loser. Her and Steve have started talking, and hanging out so so far so good.

Can't wait to hit the WOD store.

Hey Lynn!
I hope you had a great time in NYC today!! Did you get to visit WOD? Hope you guys had fun, hope you'll do a mini update!! hint, hint...lol!:laughing:

Hope you're well and btw, 8 min. mile? YOU GO GIRL!! I'm impressed!!:thumbsup2

Hi Lynn! I didn't know you had a new PTR and that you are going to race a half marathon. That's awesome cool! Is Tim also running?

Hey Lynn!
I hope you had a great time in NYC today!! Did you get to visit WOD? Hope you guys had fun, hope you'll do a mini update!! hint, hint...lol!:laughing:

Hope you're well and btw, 8 min. mile? YOU GO GIRL!! I'm impressed!!:thumbsup2

We did have a good time, and of course made it to the WOD store. I should have the pics up tomorrow.

Yeah that seems to be my comfort pace. A lot of people say that is really fast, but while I'm running I don't feel like I'm going that fast. It's weird.

I hope we all get to go up there to the store before it closes. I have never been there.

Yeah Tim told me he is trying to get you guys to come up with us haha! but Bobby is not taking the NJ Transit bus ha! He wants to take Amtrak.

Hi Lynn! I didn't know you had a new PTR and that you are going to race a half marathon. That's awesome cool! Is Tim also running?

Hi!! yeah I started some time last week. No Tim is not running. Just me, and a bunch of my friends are too!

OOOH I did not see that one yet!!! I still have to finish the Hidden Magic book. I love it so far. I'm trying to finish Twilight right now though haha.

Oh and my salon got the email you sent them. That was so nice of you. Did they get back in touch with you at all?

Aww is it? I'm so sad the WOD store is closing after the holiday

OOH does this mean they will bring Beauty and the Beast back because they are getting rid of The Little Mermaid??

Hey Lynn! NO problem about the email, I just had to! You were so sweet:flower3:, my hair turned out fantastic and that was a cute little salon!!
No I haven't heard back from them yet...

OMG I hope this is SO not true :scared1: LOL I was reading one of your posts and it said something about the WOD Store is closing after the Holidays !!?? HUH!!!?? ahh nooo way! I probably read it wrong..:rotfl:

Also! Cant wait to see pics from your trip to NYC yesterday..!

HEY!!!!! How are you girlfriend?

I have been good I still have some issues but overall it is good. I am just trying to catch up with Dis. I have missed my Dis family so much. :grouphug: Well am aboard when I have time I will post.

Hey Lynn! Can't wait to see your pics from NYC!! Sounds so fun!! You make me want to start running so bad. I always loved it! It's just hard to squeeze it in!!

Hey Lynn! NO problem about the email, I just had to! You were so sweet:flower3:, my hair turned out fantastic and that was a cute little salon!!
No I haven't heard back from them yet...

OMG I hope this is SO not true :scared1: LOL I was reading one of your posts and it said something about the WOD Store is closing after the Holidays !!?? HUH!!!?? ahh nooo way! I probably read it wrong..:rotfl:

Also! Cant wait to see pics from your trip to NYC yesterday..!

Yeah the salon is cute, but they have horrible management skills, so you probably won't hear back from them so I apologize about that. Well if you do hear back it will probably be like months later. Just know that the letter meant a lot to me.

The one in NYC is supposed to be closing. I hope it doesn't happen :(

Some time today I should have some pictures up.

I have been good I still have some issues but overall it is good. I am just trying to catch up with Dis. I have missed my Dis family so much. :grouphug: Well am aboard when I have time I will post.

Well I have missed your bubbly self too!! :grouphug: Hang in there sweetie!

Hey Lynn! How was NYC?

How excited are you about tomorrow night? :yay:

It was a lot of fun, thank you for asking. OOH you have no idea!!! I really can not wait. I just hope the movie isn't too screwed up.

Hey Lynn! Can't wait to see your pics from NYC!! Sounds so fun!! You make me want to start running so bad. I always loved it! It's just hard to squeeze it in!!

I should have them up soon. You should get out and run when you get a chance!! Speaking of running, I ran 8 miles today outside. Finished in an hour and 16 mins. Not bad. That was my first time running 8 miles outside.

Yeah the salon is cute, but they have horrible management skills, so you probably won't hear back from them so I apologize about that. Well if you do hear back it will probably be like months later. Just know that the letter meant a lot to me.

The one in NYC is supposed to be closing. I hope it doesn't happen :(

Some time today I should have some pictures up.

Aww your so welcome!!:goodvibes
PS-no need to apologize on their behalf! I can understand what you mean by that(with management)..
OMG I had *NO CLUE* that the NYC WOD might be closing:sad2:.. thats SUCH a shame.. I <3 going there.. most "authentic store"(as close as you can get from being so far from Disney BOO :( ) with "real Disney merch" unlike the icky Disney Store LOL :scared:
How did you hear about that? Well my bf and I will definitley be making a stop there a couple times this year.. especially before we go to Disney(prob get pins etc) and definitley at the holidays!!! Thanks for sharing though, I had no idea!!! Ill check back later for pics yay!!!:woohoo:

OMG girl!! I just get here and your already 9 pages in!!! Miss Popular!!!!!!:rotfl:

Aww your so welcome!!:goodvibes
PS-no need to apologize on their behalf! I can understand what you mean by that(with management)..
OMG I had *NO CLUE* that the NYC WOD might be closing:sad2:.. thats SUCH a shame.. I <3 going there.. most "authentic store"(as close as you can get from being so far from Disney BOO :( ) with "real Disney merch" unlike the icky Disney Store LOL :scared:
How did you hear about that? Well my bf and I will definitley be making a stop there a couple times this year.. especially before we go to Disney(prob get pins etc) and definitley at the holidays!!! Thanks for sharing though, I had no idea!!! Ill check back later for pics yay!!!:woohoo:

I didn't know either, until I saw a CM post it in her PTR. It is sad. I know I just want to be there for the big sale LOL!!!

OMG girl!! I just get here and your already 9 pages in!!! Miss Popular!!!!!!:rotfl:

HAHA you made it ten pages lol. JK.

So glad you are hear Heather!!!! I wish I was going in Dec so I could meet up with you, and the other girls. I'm hoping Tammy get's down there in Jan as well so I can meet her.:rolleyes1

Oh dear, WOD is closing, that really stinks!! So does The Little Mermaid stopping at the end of August!! I wanted to see it, I've also seen Beauty and the Beast and The Lion King (I also think it's an amazing show!!) Oh well maybe they'll bring it back one day. Lynn I have a question for you. I've read your TR from your last trip and you have such beautiful hair and it always looked so great, what do you use in your hair? I have very thick wavy/curly hair and I love it when I scrunch it and it's curly but it gets kinda gross looking sometimes. I was wondering if you could recommend something. Thanks!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter