Runners: What's on your playlist?

When I need a little extra to push through, (and I feel kinda embarassed about this), I discovered by accident kinda that Rollin by Limp Bizkit is PERFECT for me. I've also found that Bodysnatchers by Radiohead is awesome for me, and Drunken Lullabies by Flogging Molly, when I need to get through a difficult run!!

I just heard Slade - Run, Runaway on sirius today so I added it to my running playlist. Also Phil Phillips - Home. Love that song!

I listen to a lot of podcasts lately. My music selection is feeling a bit overused since I've been running a lot this year and have only bought new music once or twice.

Podcasts:
The DIS
The History Chicks (history geek here)
How Did This Get Made? (makes fun of bad movies)
Coffee Break French (multi-tasking! Learn a language while you run)
Another Mother Runner

Music:
I recently downloaded the soundtrack to the Broadway show "Rock of Ages". Lots of good 80s running tunes in there: We're Not Gonna Take It, We Built this City, etc.
There are a number of first and second season Glee songs on my list: Raise Your Glass, My Life Would Suck Without You, You Can't Always Get What You Want.

I am totally a music person in life (singer, studied music in college), but I have a hard time finding new music that I like running to.

For short runs I tend to listen to a playlist that has everything from Adele to Emienem. For my long runs and rides I listen to Audio books 666 Park Ave, and podcasts NPR Talk of the Nation, Mac OSKen, Get Fit Guy, Nutrition Diva.

Most of the stuff I throw on my ipod for running, I find I barely listen to it. I'm SO concentrating on putting one foot in front of the other or complaining to myself silently how tired I feel, that I zone out anything that is coming through my headphones. Would LOVE to listen to a podcast, but I know I'd get maybe the first 3-4 words before ZONE...

However, I will say that I recently added "Gangnum Style" and it's the only song that gives me added pep and a zip to my step! I seriously want to break out and dance my way down the track when that comes on, lol. :woohoo:

With a Disney race in 2 days, I have some Disney tunes to add to the list!

Believe...There's Magic in the Stars (2000 DL Fireworks show)
Almost There (Princess and the Frog)
Real Gone (Cars soundtrack)
Go the Distance (Hercules - there is a movie version, pop version, and very uptempo Mousercise version)

I know there are lots more, but my memory isn't working today.

I listen to music loops from the parks (Innoventions Plaza, Magic Kingdom Main Entrance, etc.). Obviously I like the music itself, but I also like the they are long loops of 30-60 minutes instead of shorter songs so I'm not thinking of the run in 3-4 minutes segments...if that makes any sense. :goodvibes: I guess I would get a similar benefit listening to podcasts or books...I will have to look into that! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter