runDisney Virtual Shorts - An *Incredible* Year 3

If a Canadian registered to one of the race, would it be possible to tell me what the shipping and handling charges amount to?

Registration day and still no previews of the medals? :rolleyes1

Was there a preview of the first series on/before registration day? I cannot recall. I don't know that I've ever had knowledge of what a runDisney medal was going to look like when I signed up.

I don't know, I didn't participate last year but it seems like it would be a good marketing tool to entice people to sign up? I think a lot of us non-dog people are on the fence this year but if the medals are cute it may tip the scales in favor of signing up?

Do i have to set up an active account for each of my kids if I am signing them up too?

Although i saw someone above note that they were going to just sign up as a "family" for the series and just do one registration. I think that is a brilliant idea and with the series -- each person will get a medal. Really do we need all those medals?

I had an epiphany that we could still do the series as a family, but make do with a "family" set of medals and save $360!
Thanks for suggesting this. I was just contemplating signing up 4 of us, but at over $500 I would much rather put that in our fund for our next Disney trip.

If you complete the whole series do you get a 4th medal for completion? That would be perfect for DH, twins and myself.

The electronic bibs - can you print out more than one? My kids have done a few 5k and like to keep their bibs.

I think I figured out the medal situation -when you sign up for the series- looks like 3 medals - one for each race, then a series medal and a dog house finisher medal. Which is perfect because i am sure my 4yo DD will want a medal too.

It almost seems silly to sign up each person to have 4 sets of the same medals and then i would get 4 dog tags, 4 dog bowls.

They are cute but I mainly like the 4th one, LOL. But I don't think I like it 9.9 miles and $142 + active.com fees worth!

We're registered, I think the medals are so cute! The execution is the same as last year as it was just pieces of Mickey (shorts, gloves, shoes) for the race ones and then Mickey was just on the series finisher medal. Also ordered the hat & pin at the disneystore online.

I think I figured out the medal situation -when you sign up for the series- looks like 3 medals - one for each race, then a series medal and a dog house finisher medal. Which is perfect because i am sure my 4yo DD will want a medal too.
When you sign up for the series you get 4 medals, one for each race & then the Pluto finisher medal. Which is maybe what you were saying & I'm reading it wrong.

I just registrered my son and me. That was pretty expensive.

Now I'm worried that I will have to pay import taxes when the medals arrive. Did anyone of you from Europe have to pay import fees last year?

I bit the bullet and registered myself for the series. I had an epiphany that we could still do the series as a family, but make do with a "family" set of medals and save $360!

GENIUS! Thank you for the suggestion re doing this as a family! At the end there will be four medals and everyone will get one for their hard work. Plus we'll get a bonus #4 for the accomplishment as a family. I was thinking about signing all three kids up, but saw this and thought it was so clever.

THANKS!!! Happy 5King everyone! :)

I like the medals! I signed up for August and I think the dog-house medal is great! :-)

I can't get the link to the merchandise to work?? Does any of you have a link that works? Or maybe a picture and price for the pin?

I just floated the idea of doing the series as a family with each of my daughters and hubby running one with me. Hubby said yes, waiting for 13DD to answer after school. 5DD runs with me already and loves Pluto so she is a given. Love it!! -- 13DD said yes as long as we can get ice cream after we run hers. :cutie:

So I got us registered!! And now I will have someone to run with for each of them instead of alone!!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter