Rumoured 10/1 Date For Start Of VGF2 Sales

I'm hoping that VGF 1br don't end up being difficult to book or even the Villa Studios for that matter. I like where the Villas are located, (actually love everything about them and this resort) usually alternate between 1br and Studio's . I would like to add a few more points to allow me to book 1br most of the time. If it ends up being more points for VGF2 I may just add on to my CCV or maybe a new contract at Riviera. I am really hoping that they do this right and it doesn't end up putting more 7-11 month pressure on the Villas. I would love to see them make them as close to the Riviera Studios as possible.

If you set aside the money grabbing corporate entity hat that Disney definitely wears nowadays, there definitely seems to be metrics suggesting that even without cost considerations, there is a strong demand for studio size units.
Yep, we sometimes even use both in the same vacation, I have a large chunk of points the five of us are using at a 1 bedroom, but I have a small contract I need to use some points for in a 5 person studio for the first four days.

It seems they are moving from home away from home and larger villas to rooms that are closer to hotel rooms. And maybe that is what their data is telling them will sell…who knows. Given the price per point they are now selling at, it does make it harder and harder for the financials to work for those larger units given the points it takes to reserve them.

A one-week stay in a 2BR at Riviera is almost 400 points. So going every other year, you need 200 points. So even at current rates/discounts, you are still looking at a $40k buy-in. I would agree that people are stretching their points as far as they can. Would be interesting is the data of who stays in larger units, I bet they are longer-term buyers. Not just b/c they have more points, they purchased them much longer ago.

We typically stay in studios and are staying in a 1BR BLT for (hopefully) the 50th. We booked a 1BR since we thought we might have one extra. I look at those points and am like, man, those are a lot of points. So we have more to blow and I still want to conserve as much as we can so for those with a lot less points, I am sure they would love bigger rooms but points makes it hard.

The boards are riddled with thread after thread about availability and the relative ease of reserving larger villas over studios. Yes, a lot of it is cost-driven, but it seems that for some time now (going back a number of years) the "how to make the most out of your DVC membership" handbook has leaned heavily on leveraging points by utilizing them for the lowest possible point cost rooms for the longest period of time.

Social media would suggest there are a fair number of familes happy (or maybe just content) to shoehorn themselves into a studio if it means a two-week vacation in Orlando every year.

If you set aside the money grabbing corporate entity hat that Disney definitely wears nowadays, there definitely seems to be metrics suggesting that even without cost considerations, there is a strong demand for studio size units.
Agreed. Look at the upcoming Disneyland Tower. Almost all studios. And, if the kitchen sink rumor is true, you can bet they wouldn’t have greenlit the design if their research (we all know they love research!) hadn’t told them it was ok with prospective buyers.

Agreed. Look at the upcoming Disneyland Tower. Almost all studios. And, if the kitchen sink rumor is true, you can bet they wouldn’t have greenlit the design if their research (we all know they love research!) hadn’t told them it was ok with prospective buyers.
It's a chicken or the egg sort of thing: is Disney building more studios because that's what owners "want", or are owners forced into studios by Disney's pricing strategy?

I think it's a combination of both. It's been a long-standing point-stretching strategy to reserve studios. People love their Disney vacations, and stretching the stay out as far as possible has always been a primary goal. Even before the current wave of price increases.

Now that price is becoming more of a concern, the desire to reserve studios may be more econonically driven as people can afford fewer points on their contracts. It's almost like a self-fulfilling prophesy: members used to show preference for studios out of a desire to stretch vacations, and now Disney can turn around and almost exclusively build studios (while still charging more) and argue that they're really only reacting to market influences and guest preferences.

It's a chicken or the egg sort of thing: is Disney building more studios because that's what owners "want", or are owners forced into studios by Disney's pricing strategy?

I think it's a combination of both. It's been a long-standing point-stretching strategy to reserve studios. People love their Disney vacations, and stretching the stay out as far as possible has always been a primary goal. Even before the current wave of price increases.

Now that price is becoming more of a concern, the desire to reserve studios may be more econonically driven as people can afford fewer points on their contracts. It's almost like a self-fulfilling prophesy: members used to show preference for studios out of a desire to stretch vacations, and now Disney can turn around and almost exclusively build studios (while still charging more) and argue that they're really only reacting to market influences and guest preferences.
I’d bet that the next resort they build from scratch at WDW, like Reflections, will have the typically more varied mix of accommodations. But, who knows, maybe they will be weighted toward more studios.

I’d bet that the next resort they build from scratch at WDW, like Reflections, will have the typically more varied mix of accommodations. But, who knows, maybe they will be weighted toward more studios.

One can only hope. We really don't like studios. Grown kids with (hopefully) grand kids on the way, so we've put in our time in stuffed full hotel rooms. 1 or 2 BR's now unless there is some extenuating circumstance, like this week.

I was in DTD on Friday for lunch at Napoli and wandered into the Grand Cal to see what Halloween decorations had been hung, and got an itch to stay. Got on the old Dashboard and lo and behold, there was a deluxe studio available this Thursday for 17 points. Staycation, here we come!

One can only hope. We really don't like studios. Grown kids with (hopefully) grand kids on the way, so we've put in our time in stuffed full hotel rooms. 1 or 2 BR's now unless there is some extenuating circumstance, like this week.

I was in DTD on Friday for lunch at Napoli and wandered into the Grand Cal to see what Halloween decorations had been hung, and got an itch to stay. Got on the old Dashboard and lo and behold, there was a deluxe studio available this Thursday for 17 points. Staycation, here we come!
We live in Los Angeles and stayed in a one bedroom at VGC Friday and Saturday night! I was able to book the Saturday night a couple months ago, and got the Friday night middle of last week. We just hung by the pool and didn’t go to the parks and had a blast. Watched the fireworks Saturday night. Amazing!

We’d never eaten at Napa Rose, having tried unsuccessfully to ever get a reservation. So on Friday afternoon I just walked up to their front desk and asked if they had any availability. No problem! They said they usually always have open space at the bar counter, where the entire menu is served, or we could come any time that night and wait about 15 minutes to get a table in the lounge right by the fireplace, which is what we did. The table was homey, quiet and we loved it. It’s certainly pricey, but its quite an experience, the food is delicious, and it’s something to consider for special occasions.

Checking out yesterday, I signed onto the DVC website and got us two more nights midweek next Feb. in another one bedroom.

The transmission just went out on my van to the tune of 4300 dollars! Now I need to divert some of my VGF2 money to my emergency fund to replace that expense. Not a show stopper, but I'm not sure I'm ready to bite off on VGF2 this Friday already after that unexpected expense. :(

Do you think it will be sold out if I waited a couple of weeks after 10/1 to buy?

The transmission just went out on my van to the tune of 4300 dollars! Now I need to divert some of my VGF2 money to my emergency fund to replace that expense. Not a show stopper, but I'm not sure I'm ready to bite off on VGF2 this Friday already after that unexpected expense. :(

Do you think it will be sold out if I waited a couple of weeks after 10/1 to buy?
You should be fine, considering it won't go on sale until next Spring, probably :)

Considering 10/1 is just the start of the pre sales to current DVC owners, definitely.

Considering 10/1 is just the start of the pre sales to current DVC owners, definitely.

How do you know this? Are you just assuming that, IF the points go on sale 10/1, the first round would be existing DVC owners only? (I don’t mean this post to be as challenging as it probably reads; I’m just looking for clarification).

I’m truly hoping sales will start on 10/1, but I truly doubt it. On the other hand, if it’s at least partially going to open next summer, makes sense that sales would start relatively soon.

Has anything been announced regarding the sales? Is 10/1 just speculation? I haven't been following recently.

LAX

I’m truly hoping sales will start on 10/1, but I truly doubt it. On the other hand, if it’s at least partially going to open next summer, makes sense that sales would start relatively soon.
My guide thinks early 2022 on sale date. But they do not know for sure one way or the other.

How do you know this? Are you just assuming that, IF the points go on sale 10/1, the first round would be existing DVC owners only? (I don’t mean this post to be as challenging as it probably reads; I’m just looking for clarification).
That is based of the way sales have started in the past. Usually dvc members get a head start on purchasing before open to the public.

Ok so what is the next date going to be when 10-1-2021 passes by in 3 days. We thinking Thanksgiving or Christmas, maybe New Year’s Day. It’s most likely not happening till early 2022. Unless someone heard a possible date from a bus driver.

Ok so what is the next date going to be when 10-1-2021 passes by in 3 days. We thinking Thanksgiving or Christmas, maybe New Year’s Day. It’s most likely not happening till early 2022. Unless someone heard a possible date from a bus driver.
Just wait for the next Stargazer thread...

If there was going to be a DVC owner pre sale, it would have been announced several days ago. Realistically, do not expect anything until the new year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!