Rumored Changes to G+

They would have a chance to ban double wide strollers then though. I can't tell you how many there were clogging up the walking paths on my recent trip. If you need a double, go front and back, not side to side!
Well they did reduce stroller size several years back (before the pandemic). IDK if they are lax on that nowadays (wouldn't surprise me) but they also had banned stroller wagons (again who knows if they are lax nowadays). It was a huge uproar over it. They did have tape on the ground for a good while and people had to ensure their stroller fit within it.

So it's not as if stroller size isn't on Disney's radar but coming back to reality here that's just how strollers are these days as well. They are large in size as a general thing even single ones. Though I understand how annoying they can be if the ones using them aren't being aware of others around them.

Well they did reduce stroller size several years back (before the pandemic). IDK if they are lax on that nowadays (wouldn't surprise me) but they also had banned stroller wagons (again who knows if they are lax nowadays). It was a huge uproar over it. They did have tape on the ground for a good while and people had to ensure their stroller fit within it.

So it's not as if stroller size isn't on Disney's radar but coming back to reality here that's just how strollers are these days as well. They are large in size as a general thing even single ones. Though I understand how annoying they can be if the ones using them aren't being aware of others around them.
I didn't see any wagons or pull behinds at least, but so many doubles. And families with two doubles that insist on walking side by side instead of one behind the other... It just amazes me how many people are completely unaware of the other people around them. Groups stopping suddenly in the middle of the path instead of stepping to the side. Big groups of 10 plus people that all have to walk side by side in a line instead of in pairs and refusing to break apart to let traffic in between any of them. Groups that try to squeeze into a line and hold hands so when the first person gets through they can force the rest of them through... Just amazes me

I didn't see any wagons or pull behinds at least, but so many doubles. And families with two doubles that insist on walking side by side instead of one behind the other... It just amazes me how many people are completely unaware of the other people around them. Groups stopping suddenly in the middle of the path instead of stepping to the side. Big groups of 10 plus people that all have to walk side by side in a line instead of in pairs and refusing to break apart to let traffic in between any of them. Groups that try to squeeze into a line and hold hands so when the first person gets through they can force the rest of them through... Just amazes me
I can understand although doubles isn't really the issue. You can find single ones that present bulk issues (especially with the off-roading style wheels) too including the 3 wheeled ones where the front wheel sticks out so much.

Presently their policy is "Strollers larger than 31” (79 cm) in width and 52” (132cm) in length" are against their rules. The comment I had about laxness was since it's been a bit they may not be as strict on the exact measurements. You can find a lot of threads in the past regarding the angst over the adjustment in size so be assured it was a shift for people when it happened.

I just wanted to comment that stroller size has in recent enough time period been addressed by Disney. If they feel like they need to they will restrict further. Certainly everyone understand the pain point of inconsiderate people :flower3:

Disney’s double strollers are side to side. Getting upset at strollers at a kids theme park is a losing battle.
From what I can see the Disney rented ones are the red ones? Looks like their doubles are able to seat 2 in one big bucket seat. I don't remember having any trouble with those, it was always the monster black ones with 2 very separate seats bolted together. Probably oversized, as I never saw anyone checking sizes anywhere.

Getting upset at strollers at a kids theme park is a losing battle.

I don't think most people consider Disney a kids theme park, but a family park. Like 40% of guests are over the age of 18 and most guests do not bring infants.

Unless Disney gets all new strollers, this wouldn't work very well. Disney's strollers do not work for younger babies and infants. If they can't yet hold their head up or sit, Disney strollers aren't suitable. Disney strollers are more for toddler age and up. They need to allow parents to bring in strollers and carriers for this reason.

Disney currently makes the choice to allow infants on some rides. I could see that changing for children under the age of 2 due to safety (especially after the BF drama on a ride last November) and I could see them requiring infants be worn on the body - which many parents may choose not to do.

I don't think most people consider Disney a kids theme park, but a family park. Like 40% of guests are over the age of 18 and most guests do not bring infants.

Disney currently makes the choice to allow infants on some rides. I could see that changing for children under the age of 2 due to safety (especially after the BF drama on a ride last November) and I could see them requiring infants be worn on the body - which many parents may choose not to do.

Let’s ban young children from Disney, they are so disruptive to the Disney adults. I always say nothing will surprise me here, but I underestimate these boards. Imagine how much quicker the queues will be!

From what I can see the Disney rented ones are the red ones? Looks like their doubles are able to seat 2 in one big bucket seat. I don't remember having any trouble with those, it was always the monster black ones with 2 very separate seats bolted together. Probably oversized, as I never saw anyone checking sizes anywhere.

They definitely do check sizes, happened to me a few times with my old stroller. The Disney ones are one large bucket, but as wide if not wider than most doubles because of the wheel flare.

Let’s ban young children from Disney, they are so disruptive to the Disney adults. I always say nothing will surprise me here, but I underestimate these boards. Imagine how much quicker the queues will be!

I'd be incredibly surprised if Disney ever tried to ban children, it's probably the most unlikely possibility mentioned in this thread.

Honestly, I'm not quite sure why you would want it.

Last edited:
It doesn’t really matter how it is anywhere else. Disney’s main competition, Universal, offers a better option free with their deluxe hotels.

I’m not even saying I think it should be free with deluxe stays, but that argument against it doesn’t have any merit.

I don’t think there is a good solution to the issue, which is why I think Disney is struggling. They could raise the price, which would be exponentially painful to families. Genie+ is a no brainer at 25 a day for a solo guest at MK on a busy day. Genie+ for a family of 5 effectively turns that into a family of 6. Maybe you can do that one day of your trip, but an extra $125 a day added onto all the other exponential raises (when a Mickey bar goes up a dollar, it costs me $5 more every time we have one).

This - if we go with genie + it will cost our family of eight $240 per day (at $30 per day) or an additional $2400 for our 10 park days. I also think one thing missing in the comparison with Universal is that Universal tickets and hotels are much less expensive...so even the premier hotels that give you the free express pass are cheaper than Disney's deluxe. Heck I paid less than $2400 for six 15 month annual passes for Universal.

This - if we go with genie + it will cost our family of eight $240 per day (at $30 per day) or an additional $2400 for our 10 park days. I also think one thing missing in the comparison with Universal is that Universal tickets and hotels are much less expensive...so even the premier hotels that give you the free express pass are cheaper than Disney's deluxe. Heck I paid less than $2400 for six 15 month annual passes for Universal.
With 10 park days, do you think you will need it?

With 10 park days, do you think you will need it?
So I have kids that qualify for DAS (so I’m also closely watching for changes to that program), and in the past would have just structured our days using FP, but I’m positive we won’t make it in the current standby lines without issue.

DAS allows for up to six to ride and we are a party of 8…and trying to line up DAS with other people in the party having genie+ actually brings me personal anxiety. And the not knowing how this will all pan out in six months currently has me just attempting to budget the extra $2400 in case we need it. And maybe it’s not $2400 - it could be closer to $3200 or more if genie+ rates are higher.

So I have kids that qualify for DAS (so I’m also closely watching for changes to that program), and in the past would have just structured our days using FP, but I’m positive we won’t make it in the current standby lines without issue.

DAS allows for up to six to ride and we are a party of 8…and trying to line up DAS with other people in the party having genie+ actually brings me personal anxiety. And the not knowing how this will all pan out in six months currently has me just attempting to budget the extra $2400 in case we need it. And maybe it’s not $2400 - it could be closer to $3200 or more if genie+ rates are higher.
Our oldest could qualify for DAS but on our last two trips we've been in groups of 10+ and ended up not getting the DAS pass for this reason. I just couldn't figure out how to juggle it all. We used Genie+ on two days of 6 day hoppers during spring break crowds, we missed several things we would have liked to do but did ok with just the two-day usage. I just couldn't justify adding more Genie+ days with the cost of it.

I will say despite struggling in some areas my oldest does ok, most times, in stand by lines. The ride at the end is often a big enough draw that we can work him through it. He had moments however (autism spectrum combined with generalized anxiety) where we had no choice but to bail from long lines but we generally met compassionate cast members who helped us out in a myriad of ways.

All that said, we're also following DAS changes and will likely apply for our upcoming trip since it is just our immediate family of 5 this time and will ease some of my anxiety...about his anxiety lol

If we keep saying it over and over it doesn't make it any more true.View attachment 835724
Guests are opting for higher-end choices. The avg spend going up $100/night is not bc people are choosing All-Stars over Deluxe. This trend should be coming down steeply if deluxe resorts are sitting empty.
That chart is deceiving b it doesnt account for inflation

Our oldest could qualify for DAS but on our last two trips we've been in groups of 10+ and ended up not getting the DAS pass for this reason. I just couldn't figure out how to juggle it all. We used Genie+ on two days of 6 day hoppers during spring break crowds, we missed several things we would have liked to do but did ok with just the two-day usage. I just couldn't justify adding more Genie+ days with the cost of it.

I will say despite struggling in some areas my oldest does ok, most times, in stand by lines. The ride at the end is often a big enough draw that we can work him through it. He had moments however (autism spectrum combined with generalized anxiety) where we had no choice but to bail from long lines but we generally met compassionate cast members who helped us out in a myriad of ways.

All that said, we're also following DAS changes and will likely apply for our upcoming trip since it is just our immediate family of 5 this time and will ease some of my anxiety...about his anxiety lol
Disney has allowed for more than 6 with DAS........It is up to the cast member at guest
services but they 100% allow it (i know b we had 8 our last trip and they allowed it)

Last edited:

You won’t need it everyday for 10 days. We got it included with our 9 day hoppers in November 2022 ($15 a day to include it on your ticket back then) so had it for each day. It was not necessary. And we don’t have DAS.

I would say we used it very well 4-5 days of the trip. Mostly for MK and DHS. The other days I just booked rides because we had it. One day we planned on only doing WS but since we had G+ we booked Remy. I think that day we did 2 rides on G+.

My kids recently did Epcot on a busy Saturday without G+ and rode everything except frozen which they weren’t interested in. They also didn’t stay onsite so no early entry and they still rode Remy at RD in 30 minutes.

You can do AK without it. If you have hoppers you can also split your days in a way you won’t need G+. For example RD AK and then do Epcot WS in the PM. I feel you can still RD MK without G+. One park I would always buy G+ for would be DHS and stack.

I know for us with 9-10 day tickets we tend to go hard the first half and then the second half we more leisurely tour. With DAS leisurely touring would work great even without G+.

Heck I paid less than $2400 for six 15 month annual passes for Universal.
That is not a fair comparison. You probably have the Floridian Seasonal or Power Pass that gives you no access for months to their TWO parks. A more comparable AP to Disney's Incredipass would be the Premier, which is currently $905.00.

That is not a fair comparison. You probably have the Floridian Seasonal or Power Pass that gives you no access for months to their TWO parks. A more comparable AP to Disney's Incredipass would be the Premier, which is currently $905.00.
Just FYI: We have UO Power Passes & are only blocked out for a couple of weeks at Christmas & a couple of weeks at Easter - good to go otherwise :)!

It doesn’t really matter how it is anywhere else. Disney’s main competition, Universal, offers a better option free with their deluxe hotels.

Agreed, although "Free" is a bit of a stretch.

We used to pay $79 for RPR and $129 for HRH, although a long time ago. But even currently US offers far cheaper rooms in much newer resorts without EP.

That said, at a minimum it is currently offered at the 3 Deluxe for "no extra charge on your current room rate". And is very nice to have.

With Epic (3 parks), US will have 12,000 Deluxe guests (at 4 per room).

WDW will have 4 parks, and over 40,000 Deluxe guests (at 4 per room, including DVC), and the DVC POLY Tower opening soon.

If they want to bite even harder on the DVC hands (the only hotels/rooms they expand) that feed them, a case could probably be made for cash Deluxe stays receiving Express Pass.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter