Rumor: Bob Chapek and The Board To Moderate Thru Companies Policies

Status
Not open for further replies.

TsWade2

DIS Veteran
Okay, first of all, before I post this rumor, I want to apologize the way I acted earlier. I was worried about Disney, because their losing money and I thought they should be shutdown forever. But, to help me cool my obsession, I made a sign in my room says “Disney Will Survive. This Too Shall Pass.” I’ll do my best to do better.

And now, to this rumor. I found this website called ThatParkPlace.com that there’s a rumor that Bob Chapek and the Board to moderate policies to keep away from political divisive situations: https://thatparkplace.com/rumor-bob-chapek-and-disney-board-to-moderate-thru-company-policies/ Now, I’m not going to say anymore and I don’t want to be in trouble. So, let’s discuss this in a fair and respectable way. Thank you.

The key sentence in the article. "But an official policy change that would enforce political neutrality inside the company would be a huge step in the right direction. It looks like we’ll be getting that after all."

The key sentence in the article. "But an official policy change that would enforce political neutrality inside the company would be a huge step in the right direction. It looks like we’ll be getting that after all."
That sounds nice, but I’m not sure it works in practical situations… does “neutral” mean you don’t say anything as a company (which implies satisfaction with the status quo) or do you somehow support and not support legislation simultaneously?

That sounds nice, but I’m not sure it works in practical situations… does “neutral” mean you don’t say anything as a company (which implies satisfaction with the status quo) or do you somehow support and not support legislation simultaneously?
Why does a company or corporation have to state a position on a politically divisive opinion that will alienate half of the consumer base? It's like what Michal Jordan said in the 90s, "Republicans buy sneakers too". We are so divided as a nation on just about every issue in our society being pushed mostly by the media and politicians. I don't need or want to hear politics from the places I want to go to escape the division.

Why does a company or corporation have to state a position on a politically divisive opinion that will alienate half of the consumer base? It's like what Michal Jordan said in the 90s, "Republicans buy sneakers too". We are so divided as a nation on just about every issue in our society being pushed mostly by the media and politicians. I don't need or want to hear politics from the places I want to go to escape the division.
This is pretty shortsighted.

A company’s position on social issues is more about the employees that make up its teams than its customers.

I want to thank you all for being honest and a lot more respectful. Now even though this rumor is a possibility, but for now, we’ll just have to , you know, take it as a grain of salt. In the meantime, let’s give Disney some time to redeem themselves.

I think it's really difficult for a company like Disney to completely avoid weighing in on political issues since nearly everything lately is a political issue. Most recently the issue of whether or not employees may keep firearms locked in their parked car at work.

Because by not chiming in, you are implicitly agreeing with the current situation (whatever that is)… not choosing shows your choice

Now, now, let’s be respectful and take this as a grain of salt. And let’s tone down the discussion of politics.

Because by not chiming in, you are implicitly agreeing with the current situation (whatever that is)… not choosing shows your choice

Not true. Chiming in on nothing makes you neutral. What you suggest goes back to the old "if you aren't with us, you are against us" mentality. It's meant to bully people into taking a stance publicly on situations that are rarely black and white. Nobody owes anybody else an explanation of their stance on anything, and nobody else gets to decide what it is if they don't chime in.

They tried not taking a position for a couple days and it didn't work.

Disney was stuck between a rock and a hard place. They were forced to take a position and I would imagine chose the one that financially was best to take (sad but I have a hard time believing it was for any other reason than finances).

It's very easy. I'll give them the answer for free.

"Due to our extremely diverse customer and employee base, as a company, we don't weigh in on politically or socially controversial issues. But we fully support everyone's right to voice their own opinion on their own time, and encourage them to participate in the democratic process by educating themselves on the issues and voting."

Not true. Chiming in on nothing makes you neutral. What you suggest goes back to the old "if you aren't with us, you are against us" mentality. It's meant to bully people into taking a stance publicly on situations that are rarely black and white. Nobody owes anybody else an explanation of their stance on anything, and nobody else gets to decide what it is if they don't chime in.
…and by remaining silent, you alienate a large portion of your workforce - terrible leadership

…and by remaining silent, you alienate a large portion of your workforce - terrible leadership

No you don't. You remain neutral, which is excellent leadership for a diverse company. Just stay out of it, all the time.

A subset of employees shouldn't think their opinion is the only opinion allowed at a company and expect a company to fight for what they personally believe. Other employees and many customers may feel differently. It's a business, not a political activism organization. That's what political parties are for. Join and political party and show up at the voting booth instead of hijacking a business for political gain.

Last edited:
No you don't. You remain neutral, which is excellent leadership for a diverse company.

A subset of employees shouldn't think their opinion is the only opinion allowed at a company and expect a company to fight for what they personally believe. Other employees and many customers may feel differently. It's a business, not a political activism organization. That's what political parties are for. Join and political party and show up at the voting booth instead of hijacking a business for political gain.
While I’m trying to stay out of it as best I can, but I agree with you.

No you don't. You remain neutral, which is excellent leadership for a diverse company. Just stay out of it, all the time.

Ridiculous - WDW wouldn’t exist if Disney didn’t get involved in politics. If they feel policies are unfair or unfavorable, they have an obligation to chime in.

The reason why silence speaks loudly at a company like Disney is that many "political" issues today are actually social justice issues that political parties have glommed onto. For instance, Disney standing behind gay rights when they are being targeted isn't inherently political. It's standing behind their employees and the people who fall into this category who visit their parks. This did not need to be a political issue, but a political party chose to attack it in the name of politics. Which then forces Disney to "be political" to stand up for employees in their company, as remaining silent is just letting a government entity harm their employees.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter