Rumor about “modified experiences” when Disney reopens (read 1st post for potential modifications being considered)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s my guess. I’m surprised they’d be that far behind Universal, but apparently so.
I doubt they'll even be that far behind them. I'm curious if they do honor existing reservations, if they would be opening all of the resorts or move people to only have a couple resorts open if capacity allows. Maybe at skyliner and monorail resorts?
Transportation will be interesting too. We're booked 6/21 at Pop Century, I do really like POP for one of the value hotels and the renovated rooms, but I booked it for the skyliner access as well.

This is all very exciting! Tell me more popcorn::
Ah I can also see that it says no parades will have individual float interactions so TM performers can remain on floats. Sorry my screenshot is a little fuzzy.
ETA: I missed the semicolon and it actually says NO parades to run; individual float interactions etc etc

Last edited:
I doubt they'll even be that far behind them. I'm curious if they do honor existing reservations, if they would be opening all of the resorts or move people to only have a couple resorts open if capacity allows. Maybe at skyliner and monorail resorts?
Transportation will be interesting too. We're booked 6/21 at Pop Century, I do really like POP for one of the value hotels and the renovated rooms, but I booked it for the skyliner access as well.
I would not be surprised if Disney opens their parks at least a week if not longer before opening their resorts. They don't want to promote shared transportation. They want you drive in your own vehicle with your own party and leave the same way. I think Disney will be within a week of opening of UO, with resorts following later in June or early July.

I downloaded the PDF of UO's reopening plans and shared it in ...one of the many other threads :rotfl: but here are (hopefully clear) screenshots of all the pages from that PDF for anyone who doesn't want to/can't open it.

Screen Shot 2020-05-21 at 2.41.29 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-05-21 at 2.41.36 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-05-21 at 2.41.42 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-05-21 at 2.41.48 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-05-21 at 2.41.54 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-05-21 at 2.41.58 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-05-21 at 2.42.04 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-05-21 at 2.41.29 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-05-21 at 2.41.36 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-05-21 at 2.41.42 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-05-21 at 2.41.48 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-05-21 at 2.41.54 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-05-21 at 2.41.58 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-05-21 at 2.42.04 PM.png

Last edited:
Got a text from a friend that is merch manager from Universal.
She got a call on Monday letting her know to be aware they would be called back soon, alluding to today's meeting. TM schedules come out every Thursday so they thought today they would've gotten info, but they need the approval of DeSantis which Universal management is expecting by Tuesday. If they are approved all management and first called TMs have been told that they will be on call to go back next Wednesday or Thursday

Got a text from a friend that is merch manager from Universal.
She got a call on Monday letting her know to be aware they would be called back soon, alluding to today's meeting. TM schedules come out every Thursday so they thought today they would've gotten info, but they need the approval of DeSantis which Universal management is expecting by Tuesday. If they are approved all management and first called TMs have been told that they will be on call to go back next Wednesday or Thursday

I'm assuming it's full timers first?

I would not be surprised if Disney opens their parks at least a week if not longer before opening their resorts. They don't want to promote shared transportation. They want you drive in your own vehicle with your own party and leave the same way. I think Disney will be within a week of opening of UO, with resorts following later in June or early July.

That's my prediction as well. I think parks will open before resorts. They can implement their park plans, assess how they are working and then slowly open resort operations to work out plans for transportation issues, etc. I don't think we can necessarily link resort cancellations to park opening delays. For the life of me, however, I don't know how they get guests from TTC to MK in a "physically distant" manner. It is so much easier to park in the UO parking lot and walk to the UO parks while remaining distant from other guests.

Or as an attachment here in the thread since it is smaller than most pics attached to posts. Here is the PDF that @JacknSally posted screen shots from.

Dave

Attachments

• Universal Resorts Safety protocols for Govt Relations_phase 2_final.pdf
    902.9 KB · Views: 4
Thank you! Did a search and found no talk of limited capacity. Did I miss something or are they just going full bore?
Yes the Universal Parks & Resorts (UPR) reps discussed limited capacity without a specific percentage or number... at the park and also at the ride/attraction level.

Dave

So if Universal is concerned about getting masks wet on water rides- what does this mean for things like Splash Mountain? I don’t think anyone had “no water rides” on their corona Bingo card.
You get WAY wetter on some of the water rides at Universal than you do on Splash (though you can get soaked on Kali).

Yes the Universal Parks & Resorts (UPR) reps discussed limited capacity without a specific percentage or number... at the park and also at the ride/attraction level.

Dave
Thanks! Looking through the documents I didn't see it mentioned. Maybe actual % is still TBD.

I wonder if the new CDC news that the virus isn't transmitted via surfaces (at least as much as originally feared) changes these plans?

It seems like the virus is mainly caught when in a confined place - inside - for a long period of time. That's why we see all the outbreaks in nursery homes and choir practices. But quickly walking past people, especially outside, isn't nearly as big of a risk as we've been fearing. So social distancing in queues may not be as necessary as it would be in restaurants and indoor theaters. (That's why we haven't seen huge breakouts despite people going to Home Depot and grocery stores for months and why we haven't seen big outbreaks after all the beach openings).

So .. it may be a lot safer going to a theme park than originally feared. (Doesn't mean we shouldn't wear masks and stay as far as apart as possible ..but may mean that they don't need to wipe down vehicles and have to have disposable menus).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter