Rumor about “modified experiences” when Disney reopens (read 1st post for potential modifications being considered)

Status
Not open for further replies.
And it doesn’t make sense if they were planning this for them to allow resort bookings at all resorts starting in June. Moving people from other resorts to those makes zero sense either as it would make them too crowded to put the social distancing at resorts in to place. If they planned on only opening a few resorts they would only allow booking at those resorts. This feels like someone’s imagination ran wild.
I don’t think it’s outside the realm of possibility for Disney to make people sign waivers clearing them of charges should someone get sick, especially if they open before there is clear evidence that it is even remotely safe.
Every one is fixated on June 1st cause of the bookings. They can easily change that again. I look at them doing it as way to have some money coming in. They are a business after all.

They likely won't open everything...I'd expect few hotels and possibly not even all the parks...but locals are the folks who will least care about that b/c they'll either drive in or not...
But Disney doesn’t just need to open the parks, they have to get their revenue stream going. No revenue from resorts, tickets, and dining means they might as well not open. I personally think that current financial state of many in the US, plus travel restrictions from tiger countries, plus uncertainty of a whole lot of people will be enough to keep attendance down. I know so many people who either can’t take time off now or can’t afford it (or both), and I have friends from the Uk who now can’t due to both money and travel restrictions. I think they won’t have to try very hard to keep numbers down.

Every one is fixated on June 1st cause of the bookings. They can easily change that again. I look at them doing it as way to have some money coming in. They are a business after all.
Well, yes, but if it’s their plan over all to limit the resorts that open it would be in their best interest to implement that now.

But Disney doesn’t just need to open the parks, they have to get their revenue stream going. No revenue from resorts, tickets, and dining means they might as well not open. I personally think that current financial state of many in the US, plus travel restrictions from tiger countries, plus uncertainty of a whole lot of people will be enough to keep attendance down. I know so many people who either can’t take time off now or can’t afford it (or both), and I have friends from the Uk who now can’t due to both money and travel restrictions. I think they won’t have to try very hard to keep numbers down.

They can limit bags and personal belongings in parks and sell food and drink (ala - you can eat in your car if you want your own food/drink b/c we can't check bags, so you can't have bags)...there are easy ways to make boatloads in July just from FL...and I'm sure Disney is thinking of many of the ways...

Well, yes, but if it’s their plan over all to limit the resorts that open it would be in their best interest to implement that now.

Nah, b/c there could always be the miracle cure...so they book for the miracle cure, and make plans for how they'll adjust without it. And all the while, they keep the deposits, so they don't mind...

So if Len is right, and WDW does want realistic social distancing, I think the only way to even come close to doing that is resorts only.
That's what I'm betting is going to happen. The AP's would be either refunded or extended and only resort guests would be allowed in the parks. They may not open all the resorts, either. For instance, they may only open Art of Animation and keep Pop Century closed. Open only POFQ/CBR and keep POR and CSR closed. Something like that.

They likely won't open everything...I'd expect few hotels and possibly not even all the parks...but locals are the folks who will least care about that b/c they'll either drive in or not...
They can limit bags and personal belongings in parks and sell food and drink (ala - you can eat in your car if you want your own food/drink b/c we can't check bags, so you can't have bags)...there are easy ways to make boatloads in July just from FL...and I'm sure Disney is thinking of many of the ways...
Even if they only open one park, if the only people visiting will be locals it won't be enough. Bringing food and drinks in won't be limited, and even if it eased being a local you can just spend half a day and leave without eating, I visit 3 times per week and maybe eat at a q/s once a week, I'm not saying all locals are the same but that's the beauty of living so close

Well after reading those rumored modifications on page 1, I have zero interest in going to Disney until a vaccine.

That isn't the Disney I love and not the one I want to see or remember
Its why I'm surprised so many would even want to go. The "Magic" is no longer there. It becomes a rides park

I don't think they'll be meet and greets, there's no way they can restrain kids from running up and hugging.

To me, this is the saddest part of all of these modifications. I know it’s temporary, but my kids are in the character stage.... they believe 💯. We took a day trip to Disneyland back in February and spent 99.9% of the day meeting characters. It’s part of what makes Disneyland so special. It will come back, I just hope my kids still totally believe when it does. Although I’m almost 40 and it’s my favorite thing to do!!!!! 🥰🥰🥰🥰

Its why I'm surprised so many would even want to go. The "Magic" is no longer there. It becomes a rides park

I would need to see how it is executed and how reports of how it *feels* - I think there are ways to do a modified experience but still feel "Disney" but I agree, if it feels like just a regimented process to get to some rides I wouldn't plan a trip to go (if I was local I might still stop by to check it out though)

Magic is a very subjective feel/mood. Only speaking for me the magic comes from the details the music, the smells, sitting in my favorite spot people watching, the cast members. I often get asked if the magic has died for me after being there all the time and the answer is no. But again it's subjective and personal

I think this list is reasonable top to bottom EXCEPT I do not see WDW opening only the 3 MK resorts and not all the DVC resorts to the DVC guests who are already booked. Maybe the MK resorts will only be open to cash guests but to only open the MK resorts and not the other DVC rooms would cause more of a ruckus with the DVC members.

I took this off another forum but this is what they think what Disney will look like for now.

• Magic Kingdom reopens with limited capacity, no theaters, no parades, no castle shows, no fireworks and sanitized ride vehicles after every guest exit.
  • Magic Kingdom resorts reopen with strict distancing guidelines in place.
  • Monorails would not operate.
  • Ferries and boat transportation would operate with distancing in place.
  • Health checks would be introduced at every security checkpoint. This would include temperature checks and Q&A (including locations you have traveled to in the past 14 days).
  • Guests will have to sign additional legal forms clearing Disney of liability for potential exposure to COVID-19.
  • EPCOT will remain closed if other parks are able to reopen prior to September.
  • Hollywood Studios reopens with limited capacity, no indoor theaters, no parades, no fireworks, and sanitized ride vehicles after every guest exit.
  • Animal Kingdom reopens with limited capacity, no indoor theaters, no parades, no Rivers of Light, and sanitized ride vehicles after every guest exit. Maharajah Jungle Trek would remain closed, and no close encounters with any animals at any place in the park will be permitted. Details about Animal Kingdom are still being developed.
  • Transportation guidelines are still being developed.
  • Dining guidelines are still being developed.
  • No character meet and greets.
  • No character dining.
  • Water parks will not reopen while Secure Circuit is in place.
  • DVC details are still being developed.
  • Sanitation stations will be available throughout the parks, as well as directions on the ground to keep guests moving in proper directions for limited pedestrian crossing.
  • It is likely, though not officially determined, that masks will be a requirement for adults.
  • Magic Bands mandatory for all guests, fingerprints temporarily on hold.
  • Non-MK resorts are unlikely to reopen until Phase 2 begins (Secure Circuit is for Phase 1).
  • Disney is currently evaluating every single ride and queue to determine how and if it can operate with strict distancing guidelines. This includes determining how to move people through the queue in a safe manner even if virtual queue is in place for that particular ride. For example, even just moving through the queue of Pirates exposes guests to whatever guests passed through the queue 20 seconds prior.
  • Chapek ultimately makes the call on when to reopen and how, once DeSantis gives the green light... so while the protocols for Secure Circuit have been developed, there may be changes from the top.
  • What's on and what's off for future construction is now largely on how much and when Disney receives US government money, as well as the realities of the economy on the other side of this situation. Expect Disney to NOT announce cancellations of projects in 2020, but also for some projects to simply sit with no announcement. Disney is likely to be very bearish in 2020 until we get Q4 economic data.

That's what I'm betting is going to happen. The AP's would be either refunded or extended and only resort guests would be allowed in the parks.

So what happens to those of us with single day tickets? Everything I'm reading says we can push the date up to Dec of 2020, or use the existing cost toward future visit tickets. Honestly, I'd just like a refund.

Magic is a very subjective feel/mood. Only speaking for me the magic comes from the details the music, the smells, sitting in my favorite spot people watching, the cast members. I often get asked if the magic has died for me after being there all the time and the answer is no. But again it's subjective and personal

I agree and it would have to allow those sorts of things to have the right feel to me. If you aren't able to relax and people watch, if you can't interact with CMs etc, and is more just militaristic (go here, go there, wait there, etc) then it wouldn't "feel" right to me

To me, this is the saddest part of all of these modifications. I know it’s temporary, but my kids are in the character stage.... they believe 💯. We took a day trip to Disneyland back in February and spent 99.9% of the day meeting characters. It’s part of what makes Disneyland so special. It will come back, I just hope my kids still totally believe when it does. Although I’m almost 40 and it’s my favorite thing to do!!!!! 🥰🥰🥰🥰

I also have young kids and I agree. Our last trip in December we had character meals where my kids got to meet and hug the Fab Five, the Winnie the Pooh characters, and Snow White and friends at Artist Point. We saw the FoF parade for the first time and my eldest got to participate in Jedi Training Academy. I'm not interested in WDW-lite. It's all the little touches that make the magic and elevate WDW to something above Six Flags or a local park. I'm happy to wait until a vaccine is out and it's safe for WDW to resume normal operations.

ETA: I'm only speaking about my personal opinion, I completely understand that Disney will need to resume opening in a limited capacity.

I agree and it would have to allow those sorts of things to have the right feel to me. If you aren't able to relax and people watch, if you can't interact with CMs etc, and is more just militaristic (go here, go there, wait there, etc) then it wouldn't "feel" right to me
It's such an impossible position for Disney executives, nothing they decide will please everyone.

I think for me I go to Disney to feel like I'm in another world, and not have a care or worry at all in my mind. To get away from the chaos from " reality "

With all those restrictions, I just feel like I will be worrying. Making sure I'm not next to someone, watching everyones moves, worried something wasn't clean etc etc. Seeing the masks in Disney, seeing it not fully open. Not enjoying the resorts and monorails. The bus rides, just everything. I don't even know how they can open pools up.

It just wouldn't feel right to me.

Now if I lived in Orlando, Yeah I would probably go for a day to check it out though. I am sure there will be plenty of videos that day.

From Disney standpoint just limiting it to locals might not be financially viable. Most will have ap meaning no incoming money that way, locals also tend to spend less on food and merchandise, we don't need to stay onsite, so locals alone might not be enough for Disney to open back up, not even partially

I agree. Most locals will be working all day during the week, so nobody would be there until late in the day. Not enough business to support staffing the place.

I think for me I go to Disney to feel like I'm in another world, and not have a care or worry at all in my mind. To get away from the chaos from " reality "

With all those restrictions, I just feel like I will be worrying. Making sure I'm not next to someone, watching everyones moves, worried something wasn't clean etc etc. Seeing the masks in Disney, seeing it not fully open. Not enjoying the resorts and monorails. The bus rides, just everything. I don't even know how they can open pools up.

It just wouldn't feel right to me.

Now if I lived in Orlando, Yeah I would probably go for a day to check it out though. I am sure there will be plenty of videos that day.

Just FYI, properly maintained pools are very unlikely to be a major issue as the chlorine will very easily destroy the virus. I know there is debate how long it can live on surfaces, so that may be an issue with chairs and areas around the pool. But the virus cannot transmit via chlorinated pool water.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter