Royal princess tea

lsobnosky78

Earning My Ears
Hello,

We are looking at booking the April 17th sailing on the Dream. My daughter will be just 37 days shy of being 3 and I realize there is a hard rule on the kids club, but she is OBSESSED with the princess’ now and I would love to get her a makeover at the Boutique and take her to the Princess tea onboard.

Will they accept her at the tea at a little shy of 3? I would of course be with her.
Also - who are the princesses? My daughter’s favorite are Ariel and Cinderella

Last edited:
There is a hard rule on BBB and the tea as well.

Anything with a required age on DCL is hard limit.

You can go to the princess gathering. That is a free meet and greet ticketed event and there are usually at least 3 princesses there. Typically 4 in our experience but they talk to your child and its not rushed. Great time to get many pictures too. I have always seen Cinderella there. We have met Ariel there too a few times. Have fun!

FWIW, I think the hard limit 3 on the tea is because kids do have to be able to sit for longer periods of time, and the gifts are all not suitable for a child under 3. It's like a dinner show, only without dinner.

Kids have to have an adult (paid adult, even) regardless of if they're 3 or 12.

The hard limit 3 on BBB reflects parks policy, and that, again, is based on product use and age recommendations for the product.

Pretty sure it's a hard rule. It's also a REALLY expensive experience and imo I wouldn't want to do it with a child who may not remember the experience later on. That's a good one to save for around 5-6 if you want to do it.

You do not need to pay the exorbitant fee for the royal tea to meet the princesses. They will do a princess gathering which you pre-book tickets for but they are free. There is no minimum age for this. The same princesses that do the Royal tea on the ship will be at the gathering. You can look at recent Dream Navigators to see which princesses have been on board.

Each princess will also have 1 or 2 individual meets.

Ah that's good to know about the gathering I didn't know this! Last time I was on a Disney cruise I was 24 with no children on a travel agent work cruise lol

We were looking at going in June (my daughter's birthday is May 24th...) but the group we are going with are hard set on April 17th.

Thanks for the responses!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter