ROYAL PACIFIC RESORT Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this the only tower and floor not completed? Thank you!
This is the only tower not yet completed, Towers 1 and 2 are done. Not sure about which floors are not complete. We were on floor 5 in Tower 3 in October and did NOT have a renovated room, but could hear them working above us.

Any word on when the lobby work will begin?

Nothing yet, but will try to find out.

Is this the only tower and floor not completed? Thank you!

Yes, only floor and only tower.

This is the only tower not yet completed, Towers 1 and 2 are done. Not sure about which floors are not complete. We were on floor 5 in Tower 3 in October and did NOT have a renovated room, but could hear them working above us.

This is the only floor left.

But when we arrived my normal suite was not ready so I accepted another suite in a different tower. When we got up to the suite I noticed in the living room the old sharp tv was still there. That's when my DW said, even all the living room furniture is old too. Yep, new flooring, tile, but old furniture was there.

We went back to the lobby and were issued another suite. The management and employees could not believe when I told them. After we arrived at the new suite I received a call to make sure it's to our liking. I went back to the front and a group of employees were heading to the screwed up room to check.

I can't believe that there are new and old furniture mixed. I was laughing with the staff.

Nothing yet, but will try to find out.

Yes, only floor and only tower.

This is the only floor left.

But when we arrived my normal suite was not ready so I accepted another suite in a different tower. When we got up to the suite I noticed in the living room the old sharp tv was still there. That's when my DW said, even all the living room furniture is old too. Yep, new flooring, tile, but old furniture was there.

We went back to the lobby and were issued another suite. The management and employees could not believe when I told them. After we arrived at the new suite I received a call to make sure it's to our liking. I went back to the front and a group of employees were heading to the screwed up room to check.

I can't believe that there are new and old furniture mixed. I was laughing with the staff.
Thank you again!! I sure hope they double check all the rooms to make sure everything is new. Probably a contractor got lazy. At least I hope so and not at the request of Loews.

Thank you again!! I sure hope they double check all the rooms to make sure everything is new. Probably a contractor got lazy. At least I hope so and not at the request of Loews.

The bedrooms were fine just the living room in the suite. Still, should not be there.

Coin-op laundry question. Anyone been there or used it recently, and if yes what do they take? I called the concierge and they confirmed that there are coin-operated facilities in each tower, but didn't know if each machine takes quarters/dollars/tokens, etc.

Dining Questions: I've been looking for a room service menu. Am I missing it somewhere? Can anyone point me in the right direction?

The Wok Experience says it is available on "select nights." Does anyone know what nights those are and what are the hours? Is it any good?

25 more days! We are soooooooo ready for Spring Break!

The room service menu used to be in the website but can't find it now at all.

The Wok experience was on Saturdays, Wednesday's and one other night I think when we were there. Started around 6.30 I think..........we didn't do it this time around but it looked so good......and the smell was gorgeous!!!

Dining Questions: I've been looking for a room service menu. Am I missing it somewhere? Can anyone point me in the right direction?

The Wok Experience says it is available on "select nights." Does anyone know what nights those are and what are the hours? Is it any good?

25 more days! We are soooooooo ready for Spring Break!

Here you go! Sorry they are sideways.

12735918_10102565645767691_778243848_n.jpg 12735742_10102565645802621_668158884_n.jpg 12746163_10102565645797631_874482694_n.jpg 12659757_10102565645782661_179639090_n.jpg 12696110_10102565645832561_287360346_n.jpg 12735546_10102565645852521_1570281906_n.jpg 10695235_10102565645867491_1982654626_n.jpg 12746475_10102565645877471_1528991206_n.jpg 12714399_10102565645887451_902984541_n.jpg

I'm not sure what a non-true phobia would be; fear is fear.

My son loved dogs until he watched my ridiculous father's Golden try to bite me. I tell you that man ruined his Goldens, who live to do their master's bidding. I had been there for a day or more, they knew me by then, they knew that their family knew me. I left the kitchen, went onto the porch, pet the female and greeted her and the male, left the gate, went to my car, came back to the porch carrying what I went to get, and she attacked my arm.

Thankfully I was raised with malamutes and they were raised by my mother who actually knew what she was doing when raising big dogs (my dad somehow thought that being around every so often when my mom was raising the male malamute and taking him to obedience classes etc "counted"), and I was able to stay calm and cool and somehow did NOT get bitten. And I then TRIED to keep my father from going out to scream at the dog ('cuz that'll help her figure out how to behave) but I was unsuccessful.

And, sadly, my little guy (3 at the time) watched it all, and was terrified of dogs for a few years after that. It was tremendously sad. (he's also scared of my dad, but rightfully so, and I feel no need to work with him on that because I think it's good to worry about that dude)

Thankfully he was able to conquer the fear of dogs that it all caused. To see that I was quite competent and calm, that no other dog has ever tried to do that, that we stay away from stranger-dogs ALWAYS, that we properly greet dogs and don't expect that they'll remember us 1 minute after last seeing us (my mistake, but our dogs never behaved like that and malamu

After rereading my post I realize that sounds silly to say a true phobia but we have had so many issues with relatives and friends not believing that her fear of dogs is a phobia. They just assume I am being over protective or that she's just scared by dogs. They don't understand that it is way more than just being unsure of dogs.

Thanks for sharing your story. I feel that one of the ways she could learn to cope is for us to buy a small dog but my husband now doesn't want to deal with owning a dog. Sigh! We keep working on it but it always helps to be prepared if we are going to encounter dogs. Thanks again for sharing!

After rereading my post I realize that sounds silly to say a true phobia but we have had so many issues with relatives and friends not believing that her fear of dogs is a phobia. They just assume I am being over protective or that she's just scared by dogs. They don't understand that it is way more than just being unsure of dogs.
I did not think it was silly at all
I have a close relative with a phobia to dogs
Counseling did not change that fear for her at all

I do not see the point why your relatives/friends poo poo that
Until a phobia happens to them they just won't understand what a person with a phobia goes thru

I have one son who is allergic to dogs
Had all the allergy tests done on October and was told his health would improve if he kept a distance, not touch/ pet them etc.
Never heard of this before but the doctor said allergies can develop at any age in people

phobias make life a bit harder for children
You are the parent and you know your child
Don't let others family/friends upset you
Let the hotel be aware that you need a room away from one that has pets

I agree with Mac and if you think it might help, tell the hotel you have a severe allergy in the family.

Thank you guys! This is our first trip to Universal and both my girls are so excited but especially the older one who recently got into Harry Potter. We are all excited to try this park out and all of the info on these pages really have been helpful!

We are staying at RPR for our families first Universal vacation mid April, just curious have the club level rooms been renovated yet?

Last edited:
Just wanted to share that I found the email address on another website. I used royalpacificconcierge @ loewshotels .com. I received a very chipper reply confirming that my requests were noted on my reservation within a couple hours. :wave:

Thank you for this information. I received a response in just a few hours time, and I sent it late at night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter