Rows to request for FoP and Soarin'

lolomarie

Mouseketeer
This September we will be riding these 2 attractions for the first time (Soarin' since the remodel). I avoid any threads or trip report entries on these rides because I hate spoilers and want to be surprised for the first time, but have gathered that where you are sitting matters due to distortion. Without giving away too many spoilers, can someone please help me with which row/section to request for each ride and when/where? I'd love to experience each attraction at its best! Thank you!

Soarin we like B1. The middle is key and we found out that not seeing feet above you is better.

I don't think it matters for FOP, but it was cool seeing how many levels were stacked if you looked to the side.

We just went last weekend for our first time seeing Pandora. I have kind of odd vision--left eye very much stronger than the right--so I don't know if that influenced it, but of three rides on FOP, the two where we climbed stairs to board, it seemed much clearer to me. Not sure which letter rows those were; somebody here would know.

Like others said, middle front for Soarin’.

FOP it doesn’t really matter but I did find when I was on the very end I had a harder time focusing and things would get blurry to the side, which could be hard for people with motion sickness. It could be just me, but I never had that issue when closer to the middle

For FOP I didn't have any issues with distortion. We rode on the top row and the bottom row. They are ... different. Since you don't want spoilers I won't say how. Neither is bad and neither throws you out of the experience. But you will see certain things better from high up and certain things better from down low.

I agree with @rteetz. It is a well filmed attraction. Now if they would just refilm Soarin, all will be good (B1 all the way in the meantime).

Wow! Thanks everyone! And thanks especially for not throwing any spoilers in there! I'm so excited for both these rides, and WDW in general!!!!! I'll definitely request B1 and give FoP a go where ever we are (hopefully more than one ride!).

I agree, middle section, and FoP was beautifully done - and why didn't they do the same for Soarin'?
Soarin was done differently and prior to FoP. I believe the Soarin screen is a bit more dome shaped whereas the FoP screen is a little different.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter