Rowing Machine

Eyeeore

Mouseketeer
I realize that this is probably a non-starter but I need to find a place on Disney property that I can use a rowing machine. I'm doing cardiac rehab & do a rowing machine every day. I'd rather not have to leave the Fort every day so I'm open to any suggestions.

Thanks

The closest place would be Wilderness Lodge for workout equipment. There was a $12.00 fee a few years back.

Another option is if any of the "non-premium" resorts have exercise room (I have no idea). I'd call a few of them and ask. I wouldn't be that surprised if you can use it at no cost.

I wouldn't be surprised if you are able to simply "use" the exercise rooms at other resorts by just going to them. Officially, it's not permitted but we've used the pool at Wilderness Lodge in the past when we were staying at FW just to do something different.

I'm not sure there are rowing machines in any of the gyms at Disney World. The official Disney website only lists treadmills, recumbent bikes, and ellipticals for Sturdy Branches (the fitness center at Wilderness Lodge.) Generally speaking, those are the standards in most hotel gyms; I'm not sure I've ever seen a rowing machine in a hotel gym.

It wouldn't be the same as rowing, but doesn't the Fort rent canoes and/or Kayaks? I would maybe ask the docs or rehab team what would be a good substitute for rowing for however long you are there for.

I like the idea of using a canoe or kayak. I found one at the Golden Oaks facility but I think that won't work as that's a private club. I did find one in Windermere. I'd bring mine along but it takes up way too much space in the camper.

I appreciate everyone's suggestions. I think this may be an interesting search. This cardiac rehab think is just something I will have to do going forward.

Looking forward to January. I'm ready to be out of the Indiana cold.

I like the idea of using a canoe or kayak. I found one at the Golden Oaks facility but I think that won't work as that's a private club. I did find one in Windermere. I'd bring mine along but it takes up way too much space in the camper.

I appreciate everyone's suggestions. I think this may be an interesting search. This cardiac rehab think is just something I will have to do going forward.

Looking forward to January. I'm ready to be out of the Indiana cold.
They are for rent at the Fort from the bike barn.

Good luck on your rehab. Another option if your able is to get resistance bands. Look up resistancw band exersize on you tube. This may or may not work depending on what you need.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!