RotR Planning & Daily Boarding Group Discussion - *CLOSED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
My son got BG 78 around 735-740
So yesterday it was reported on twitter that at 7:46 they were "in the 70s". It seems that BGs didn't go that much quicker first thing. There are only so many people willing to arrive at a theme park gate at 6am. I'm purely guessing here but I'd say today's BGs filling up earlier is a combination of:
1) Smaller BGs or less BGs overall due to the amount of recovery planned for today
2) A small amount of additional people who arrived "super early"
3) A large amount of people who are now finding a way to get there around 7:30ish thinking they are getting there early...

I suppose it wasn't a big surprise that the word would get out about showing up super-early. My first day was going to be January 19, but that is set to be EMH plus the holiday weekend would make it even tougher (if that's possible). Wondering if I should push back to Monday to try to improve the odds a little. (Also I have trouble getting my phone to connect to MDE and picture myself standing just inside the park, doing back-back-close-reboot-etc. :crazy:).

Is there an advantage for on site guests on emh day, even though you can’t ride on rotr in emh time I.e getting boarding passes first? I’m going in Jan, staying in csr & HS is on a Sunday for us.

Right now, EMH doesn't give a greater advantage to on site guests than just getting there early does for anybody on a non-EMH day.

HOWEVER, we only have 1 day to go by and it would seem that it wasn't an ideal way to handle EMH. If Disney is also not happy how it turned out, they'll likely try a different plan on future EMH days.

Best plan would be to keep checking how things go on upcoming Sundays and see if they settle on a new plan (or on the original plan) and plan accordingly.

I suppose it wasn't a big surprise that the word would get out about showing up super-early. My first day was going to be January 19, but that is set to be EMH plus the holiday weekend would make it even tougher (if that's possible). Wondering if I should push back to Monday to try to improve the odds a little. (Also I have trouble getting my phone to connect to MDE and picture myself standing just inside the park, doing back-back-close-reboot-etc. :crazy:).
EMH on January 19th is at night. Disney changes to evening EMH in January for DHS.

This allows Disney to open the park in the morning to all guests.

Right now, EMH doesn't give a greater advantage to on site guests than just getting there early does for anybody on a non-EMH day.

HOWEVER, we only have 1 day to go by and it would seem that it wasn't an ideal way to handle EMH. If Disney is also not happy how it turned out, they'll likely try a different plan on future EMH days.

Best plan would be to keep checking how things go on upcoming Sundays and see if they settle on a new plan (or on the original plan) and plan accordingly.

So the app wasn’t opening earlier for on site guests to try and get a BP? It was open at the same time for everyone?

Is the reason that RotR isn't opened (mostly) during EMH is to keep the ride more available to non-resort guests (while the VQ is deployed)?

I am staying wilderness lodge (can’t wait) next week and plan on going early magic hours on Sunday. Considering taking Uber/Lyft but would rather take bus.

If Extra Magic Hours are 8:00 am, will they let people in early?

When they open boarding at 8:00 am will those non Extra Magic Hours waiting in line be able to join a boarding group?

If I get there by 7:30, what will it be like for Extra Magic hours? Looking for will it take me an hour to get in or will I be in by 8 to join boarding group?
Do they really turn people away from entering early that aren’t staying at resorts?

How does that work for non onsite guests?
I think it's better for all guests while we navigate the madness that is "early morning rush for RotR"

Everybody will get in at sometime between 6:30am and 8am probably based on the crowd levels occurring at that time.

Yeah, so all of Jan is now an 8am opening and PM EMHs on Sundays that month.

Much better move to have PM EMHs given this boarding group stuff, IMO.

Dec and Feb+ still as is at the moment. Frankly I wish they’d move the December EMHs to PM too.

Yeah, so all of Jan is now an 8am opening and PM EMHs on Sunday.

Much better move to have PM EMHs given this boarding group stuff, IMO.

Dec and Feb+ still as is at the moment.
This seems like a clear indication that BGs are here to stay through Feb 1st (and I'd assume well beyond that too!)

How does that work for non onsite guests?
I'm assuming you're asking about the PM EMH in January. If you weren't, just ignore me.

We don't really know yet, but my GUESS is that anyone in a BG will be allowed to ride ROTR, even if they are off-site, but they will probably be carefully checking at any other ride to make sure you are eligible to ride (eligible for EMH).

EDIT: This also assumes they will use the EMH to continue to try to get through their daily allotment of boarding groups.

I am also reading the other board and that person is confused. EMH is only on Sundays. I think that person thinks they are every day and not just Sundays. I think they are thinking of the EEMH that Disney had this fall but those are over now.

and when you say it like that ... how could anyone, anywhere possible get confused? ;)

I am so worried about our Christmas trip. Our only day to be able to do HS is Sunday, Dec. 29. So I will have to deal with EMH during the busiest time of year! We are staying onsite so we can take advantage of EMH but unless Disney changes the way they handle things, it’s going to be chaotic to say the least. I’m wondering what time to show up. Ugh!
At this point, I’d just show up well before 6am.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter