ROTR lottery needs to end.

Any other ride that I want to ride I can. True, I may have to wait two hours (FoP) but in a one week stay I can ride any ride except maybe ROTR. It is bad that if you are there for one week, you only go once every two or three years, and can't get on a certain ride.
I tried this morning and did not get a BG just like thousands of other people (5G fast phone, atomic clock, all the "tricks").

I like the process but I’m tech savvy with fast fingers.

the problem is the process is not accessible.. and the right person with the right resources could make a big deal of that with disney. A blind user using voice over technology with the lag? Not accessible. A user using assistive touch on their phone with the lag? Not accessible. I’m honestly curious what Disney would say if someone made an ADA complaint about the process..

Honestly what I believe Disney could do is have folks schedule their boarding groups ahead of time with a disclaimer that they aren’t garunteed of the ride breaks down. I then think there could be a way to open the ride at the end of the day to individuals who did not ride earlier and a way to verify that.. but there is probably issues with that too.
It’s hard to know what a perfect system that’s accessible to everyone is. The *problem with ride is it’s a perfect ride in the sense that almost anyone of any height can ride it.. it’s not too intense .. and it’s flipping amazing..

I may be in the minority, but i would rather pay an additional fee to ride it than deal with the stress of the lottery. I did get in the one time we tried after reading all the tips, but I wouldn't want to have to go through such a stressful experience to ride it every time I visit, and I only visit once or twice a year.

I got a BG once for the whole gang and although it’s not a popular opinion, I have no need to ride it again. I’ve seen most of the movies, I own a Mandalorian night light. I don’t know which movie came after which and I don’t speak Klingon… ;)
I write all of the above to simply let anyone who can’t get a BG know that it’s not all things to all people. I actually prefer other rides at HS. Don’t let missing it stress you out.

Last edited:
People are already doing that, FOP, SDD, RnRC, Splash Mountain, SDMT, etc.

The difference is, the likelihood of those rides going down is extremely slim compared to ROTR. If you had to wait in a standby line only to have that experience drag on and on and on (or, even worse, get sent away with bupkis after sinking hours into waiting) due to ride issues, it would be catastrophic and the guests would revolt.

For that reason alone, BG is the way to go.

We are locals, AP holders, with PH and no black out dates, and we go alot... and we still have yet to score a time to ride... We have tried and tried, a few times we have gotten in at the 1:00 pm mark, but were so far back with our number that they park closed before we could ride...

This is need some update, or something... and when Ratatouille ride opens its going to be the same problem I would bet.

Last edited:
The difference is, the likelihood of those rides going down is extremely slim compared to ROTR. If you had to wait in a standby line only to have that experience drag on and on and on (or, even worse, get sent away with bupkis after sinking hours into waiting) due to ride issues, it would be catastrophic and the guests would revolt.

For that reason alone, BG is the way to go.
The ride breaking down is a totally different problem.

And right now (3:57pm) it’s at 80 minutes. ROTR would never be that low. Not to mention how often it goes down. No other right has that level of unpredictability.
I think that it would get lower. Right now people are riding it more than once during their visit because they may get a boarding pass more than once. If on the other hand these people saw a wait of more than 1-2 hours, as is often the case on FOP or SDD, they would not try to ride again thus freeing up space for someone else.

I think that it would get lower. Right now people are riding it more than once during their visit because they may get a boarding pass more than once. If on the other hand these people saw a wait of more than 1-2 hours, as is often the case on FOP or SDD, they would not try to ride again thus freeing up space for someone else.
Maybe. Still doesn’t solve problem of the ride breaking down though. What do you do with the 2+ hours worth of people in line when that happens? Make them wait and hope it goes back up? Clear the line and have furious guests? Or… ?

I may be in the minority, but i would rather pay an additional fee to ride it than deal with the stress of the lottery. I did get in the one time we tried after reading all the tips, but I wouldn't want to have to go through such a stressful experience to ride it every time I visit, and I only visit once or twice a year.
From other posts on VIP tours, you will be able to soon. That ”fee” is pretty big though.

So? If someone is willing to put in the effort to get multiple BGs over a trip, why shouldn’t they be able to?
Why shouldn't they be able to get more than one per day? The same reason you were initially given only three FPs per day, give someone else a chance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!