Rose and Crown Review

We ate at the Rose and Crown the day afetr Alberto passed through and it was great. Go figure.

My DD liked the potato soup.

The cheese and fruit was pretty tasty, and the several pints of Bass we downed were plenty cold - no ice required. :thumbsup2 Can't recall if the kids sodas had enough ice - but there were no complaints.

I had the fish and chips, as did my DS - and it all disappeared very quickly. My DD had the mac and cheese which she thought was yummy, and my DW loved her bangers and mash. I had a taste and thought it was pretty good. Then again, what sausage doesn't taste incredible after a few beers?!? Speaking of beers, I also liked the bar area - where a guy was playing piano and singing. I was waiting for my DS to come out of the bathroom and overheard some 20-somethings ordering a shot of Jameson. I thought a shot of whiskey sounded like a good idea, so I ordered a shot of Tullamore Dew. "WHAT?!? No Dew?!? You have Jameson, but no Dew?!?!" :confused3 "OK - give me a Jameson." :drinking1

We were seated outside and had a great view of Illuminations. Our server, James, was very nice and efficient. After the show we shared a chocolate cake and walked out of EPCOT, all four of us holding hands. The perfect ending to a great day.

Sorry your experience didn't give you the "warm and fuzzies" like ours did...

brando5111 said:
Guess you now know what it's really like to eat in the UK! :rolleyes1

If you've ever been to Europe, you gain weight in Italy and loose it in England! :rotfl2:

There are actually plenty of good restaurants in the UK, in fact the one thing that DH hates about going to Orlando is trying to find good quality food.

The menu at the Rose and Crown is actually a bit bizarre and not what we would eat in a pub at home at all.

Interesting! We have eaten there twice and LOVED it both times. I still like to hear other opinions though. Thanks for the review. It might make it easier to get ADR's there in the future! :thumbsup2

Sounds to me like R&C does a pretty good job of impersonating a UK restaraunt.

People don't eat out over here much because it's expensive and the food is, on the whole, pants. Service is also appauling, generally, because servers must be paid at least £5.05 (or around $8-9) an hour before tips.

Thanks for posting your review, sorry you didn't enjoy your meal. DH and I ate here a few years ago for lunch and enjoyed it, but your meal sounded horrific. :crazy2:

Sorry to hear about your experience.
Our family ate lunch there a few years back. It was hit or miss with each meal. Bangers and mash was good, Lamb soup great, fish and chips too greasy ( is his supposed to be?) Our 3 children did not eat their meals, sorry but i cannot remember what they ordered. Service was good.

Kath2003 said:
Sounds to me like R&C does a pretty good job of impersonating a UK restaraunt.

People don't eat out over here much because it's expensive and the food is, on the whole, pants. Service is also appauling, generally, because servers must be paid at least £5.05 (or around $8-9) an hour before tips.
Sorry got to disagree with you on this, there are a lot of fantastic restaurants in the UK, and some people eat out a lot.

Some are rubbish, yes, but there are also some of the best in the world, and we also have a massive selection of different cuisines, far more than most other countries.

I guess it depends wehere you go, but London for instance has many world class restaurants.

Sarnia said:
Sorry got to disagree with you on this, there are a lot of fantastic restaurants in the UK, and some people eat out a lot.

Some are rubbish, yes, but there are also some of the best in the world, and we also have a massive selection of different cuisines, far more than most other countries.

I guess it depends wehere you go, but London for instance has many world class restaurants.

I'm from near London and yes, we do have good restaraunts but generally the food in the UK is overpriced and the service terrible. I'm sorry if you disagree but there's a good reason Americans eat out more than the British.

Sorry you didn't enjoy. We have been to R&C twice and have ADR's for September. Hopefully, it was just an off night.

With all due respect to the some of the previous posters'.......the food served in R & C is not even close to the genuine article ? The fish and chips are awful (almost as bad as Raglan Rd)and the Shepherds Pie was (at least for me) inedible.
I know some folk are only joking around when they talk about UK food....but the fact is that some of the best food I have ever tasted was when I was in UK. I think the poor UK folk get a bit of "bum deal" when some visitors comment on the food quality. They are just not going to the right places (IMHO)
Oh...and no sarcastic comments about my nickname ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter