Rope Drop

kimob_rn

Earning My Ears
I've read several things about the rope drops at the openings of the parks. Can anyone tell me more about this? Do they do something special?

MK has a welcoming ceremony at the train station. Usually the characters are at the rope drop. If you really want to see...go to YouTube and check it out.

My favorite rope drop ceremony is the one at MK - lots of singing and dancing on the train platform while everyone is waiting in front by the Mickey floral, and then Mickey and a family that has been chosen do a countdown, and then the CM's drop the ropes to let the crowds in. Sometimes they will do it a little early and still have a second rope drop at each of the lands at the exact opening time.

AK has one as well where the characters are going on a safari. This one is neat too, but it's hard to see if you're further back in line since it's inside the park.

Studios has one as well, but it doesn't have the Disney characters. They do have some of the street characters making a movie that you are a part of when you come in the park.

I don't know what Epcot has b/c I rarely go there for rope drop, and when I have been there for opening I have entered at the International Gateway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter