Room Upgrades( Kind of a silly Question)

navyman2

Earning My Ears
Do you have to Ask for them , or do they just suprise you with them and how far up do they upgrade for free

Not silly.. Interesting topic...

Some people reported that their travel agents advised them 2 weeks prior of the upgrade, some people find out at check-in, some people know farther out..

They are very few and far between, and there is no ryhme or reason to it, just plain old luck. :)

If you arrive early enough, and their is availability at the port to upgrade, you may do so for a much smaller fee than if you booked that room...Hope this makes sense...

:goodvibes

Maybe we can upgrade from 3 to Category 2! LOL - not holding my breath, but wouldn't that be cool!!!

We got our call the night before we sailed! :boat:

There are a variety of cabin prices, much like airline seat prices. For example We are on the April 16th magic cruise and we have the Florida residents price. Most of the discounts are for the higher number categories 10, 11 etc. If, as the cruise approaches they don't think the will sell out the better cabins they will upgrade some previously booked cabins to fill them and at the same time free up the easier to sell lower priced cabin. They consider it bad politics to discount the verandah suites last minute, in order to fill them, as this would understandably upset the full price cruisers that booked in advance or on their last cruise. This way they free up cat 11, 10 etc for discount sales while eliminating the need to discount the upper category prices. After all, if you booked a cat 8 room 6 months ahead and then they go and sell a cat 5 verandah to some Johnnie come lately for the same price you paid? Ouch.

As for who gets upgraded? I think they try to give it to the earliest bookings. But that rule is superceded if they need your specific room. For example your room is requested or it may be an adjoining room and they want a pair for the new guests. That sort of thing. So I was told it is fair for the most part with a bit of randomness tossed in.

Of course, the actual process may involve a dart board.

navyman2 said:
Do you have to Ask for them , or do they just suprise you with them and how far up do they upgrade for free

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter