Room Requests?

momto2dkids

<font color=purple>Now blessed to be proud Mommy t
We are staying at the GCH for our DL trip next week and are so excited. My mom is going with us and volunteered to take our birthday girl (2) back to the rooms for naps each day so we can stay at the parks with our older children (11 and 6). I have already requested connecting rooms, 1 with bunk beds(if possible), and it is noted on our reservations. I totally understand that they cannot guarantee room requests, but connecting rooms would really make our stay easier so my mom can put our girl in her crib in our room and then relax herself in her room. Other posters have also suggested that, in addition to having the request noted on your reservation, you can call 2-3 days before your arrival, since this seems to be when they make the actual room assignments, and have better chance of getting your request.

On to my actual question(s):
Who do I actually call? Do I call the hotel directly or vacation planning?

Since we are arriving late (9pm) on Wednesday, when is best to call, Sunday which would be three days out or Monday, which would be two days before arrival? Has anyone called the hotel directly on a Sunday with room requests and had it work out for you?

Any help or clarification would be great!

1 week and counting down. :cheer2: :cool1: :cheer2: :cool1:

I called the main number 714-635-2300 and asked for reservations the Tuesday prior to my Thursday check in last month. The cast member that took my request was very friendly and accomodating. I could not have been more pleased with my room assignment!

When we went in July, we faxed our request in about a week ahead of time and got everything we asked for (including an upgrade to a DTD view room which we didn't expect, but was great!).

Reservations
Disneyland’s Grand Californian Hotel
1600 South Disneyland Drive
Anaheim, California 92803
phone: 714.635.2300
fax: 714.300.7300

We did the same thing last month when we went to the DLH.

Reservations
Disneyland Hotel
1150 W Magic Way
Anaheim, California 92802
phone: 714.778.6600
fax: 714.520.6099

Obviously, nothing is guaranteed, but it worked well for us. Of course, it might have helped that we included a picture of our cute kids:

i0DBA7C53-ABD7-4B5E-8B81-4BC825FF56B7.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter