• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Room requests

Luv Donald Duck

Mouseketeer
Hi all!! We are getting ready to leave for our trip to Disney!! We arrive this Sunday for 10 magical days. I was wondering where I need to fax room requests too? We are staying at pop. Any help will be great. Thanks

I would call CRO and put your requests in that way. I read a pretty informative thread a little while back from a CM who said that if the resort doesn't have conceirge they aren't taking faxed requests anymore.

Best of luck and have a nice trip!:wave:

I thought I read the NO resorts are accepting faxes anymore.

So I 'took the bull by the horns' and called WDW to get official answer.

I just got off the phone. The CM said that they DO still accept faxes, as do all of the other resort. However, your fax does no good until the hotel receives the download from the mainframe which happens 5 days prior to your arrival date.

That is the 'official' word from Disney on November 10, 2004. But you know how fast things change at Disney.

That is not necessarily the official word. That was the word of the CM that you happened to talk with. Just like everything else it depends who you talk with the answer you get.

If you have your requests in your reservation there is no need to fax and have to worry that your fax meets up with your reservation.

Sorry if this has been asked a gazillion times but is there a list of the fax numbers for the resorts floating around the board somwhere? Thanks!

When I went to POR last month, I called the resort directly and requested Panterre Place. The lady said they would be able to do that for me. I also told CRO to put that request on there. I got a great room at Panterre Place. Out of all the times I've gone, that was the first time I called ahead of time to request a particular location.

jenjersnap, I think there are phone and fax numbers on www.allearsnet.com I think that's where I got the number to call POR.

Originally posted by jenjersnap
Sorry if this has been asked a gazillion times but is there a list of the fax numbers for the resorts floating around the board somwhere? Thanks!

Do a search or goto disneyworld.com and check the resorts. If you still can't find it, send me a pm and I will give you a list of numbers that you request. Just put something in the subject line stating that fax number req. :wave2:

Safetymom is correct and you notice the CM did say they still receive faxes, they did not say the faxes will be honored.

Also Disney is very good at lip service, in telling you what you want to hear.

Then they do their thing behind the scenes.

It won't hurt to fax it but there is no guarantee it will help or will get passed to the Room Assignment team. When your reservation is downloaded into the Resorts computer what is on your reservation from CRO will definitely be seen.

Actually your best bet is to have them noted by CRO and then ask again at check in.

I made a room request. Should that request show up on my reservation confirmation letter? That is the same letter that shows my deposit and balance due. Thank you!:earboy2: :mickeybar

Not always does it show up. Call central reservations and make sure your requests are noted and then I wouldn't worry about it.

I agree with SafetyMom & Sammie. Requests are not always noted on the confirmations we receive in the mail and the special requests that we tell CRO regarding our reservations are what room assigners see and use. I requested a king size bed at AKL but it was not listed on the reservation confirmation I received. When I called CRO it was noted in their system. CM stressed that I should tell her any other special request I had . She asked if I wanted a specific savannah so she could note it for me on my reservations. I asked her if it would help if I faxed my requests a few days before I was due to arrive and she said that the room assigners receive so many faxes and it takes alot of time to hand match them to the reservations that the faxes are often ignored. She said all requests made to CRO are right in front of them and they will do the best they can to honor those requests. I have decided I am not going to bother to fax anything when they already have my requests right in front of them. There is no reason to make their job harder by having to match pieces of paper that have the same requests on them that are right in front of them from the info received from from CRO.

What number do you call to have it noted on your reservation? 407-W-DISNEY?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter