Room Requests/Location for AKL & other ?s

lclark0621

DIS Veteran
Anyone have any good room requests or location requests for AKL?

We are staying there for the first time in Sept. :thumbsup2

We have a Savannah View Room.

I kind of want to be close to everything (food, lobby, store, etc) because I have a 2.5 year old. As always, I am sure DH or I will be running down to the store and food court for milk A LOT. :lmao:

Of course, we also want a good view of the animals, though I know they tend to move around on their own. Darn animals...You would think they would know how to pose for the guests. :rotfl2:

Also, we have stayed at the WL for our last few trips. We are used to being able to run down to the store to get a decent varity of snacks and drinks (love the 1/2 gallon milks they sell!). Does the AKL sell the same varity of stuff? Or will I be running to the food court (praying it is open) if DS wants his milk or chocolate milk?

We were only there one night, so we didn't use the store to buy milk or anything...sorry I can't help you there.

We were in room 2423 and I thought it was an excellent location. We had a great view of both the savannah and Arusha Rock. All we had to do was step out of our room, take a right, go down the stairs (towards Boma), and we were at Boma and Jiko...just past the restaurants, and we were at the pool.

If we stepped out of our room and took a left, we only had to pass about 6 rooms and we were at the elevators that took us down to the laundry/ arcade/ food court area.

Also, we were only a few steps from the lobby, and we were on the same level as the back entrance (out to the firepit/ storytelling area and observation area).

We loved the AKL and hope to go back one day for a longer stay. Hope you enjoy your stay!!!!!

We recently had the perfect room...5425. Close to the lobby but not too close, centrally located between two banks of elevators and a great unobstructed (no trees in the way) view of Arusha rock and the savanah. We could see three of the feeding areas clearly from our room. If only I could figure out how to put pictures on these threads, I could show you. This was a CL room but I am sure the rooms below such as 4425, 3425 and 2425 would be just as good. Also the rooms to either side of this room with numbers ending in 423, 427 and 429 would be great. Anything lower than 423 puts you in a different building and the view from there is not as good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter