• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Room requests - AKL, BLT??

MichiganDVC

Can barely see my Kool-aid bath with these Rose-co
Good morning all!

We're staying at studios at both AKL Kidani and BLT in July. Kidani is Wednesday-Sunday, BLT is Sunday through Tuesday. Quick question before I get to the details:
When and how should I make a room request?? Especially "how."
What options are available for online check-in for either resort?

Here are my room requests...what do you think?
Kidani (Savannah view, studio) 1. Low floor 2. 7254 area (closest to Jambo)
BLT - (Lake View) 1. North room, even number 2. high floor

BLT request is most obvious and straight-forward, but how do I articulate Kidani request?

1. How do I go about making these specific requests?
2. What options are given for requests at either Kidani or BLT?
3. Do I need to call or can I send an email?

Thanks for any advice!!

Good morning all!

We're staying at studios at both AKL Kidani and BLT in July. Kidani is Wednesday-Sunday, BLT is Sunday through Tuesday. Quick question before I get to the details:
When and how should I make a room request?? Especially "how."
What options are available for online check-in for either resort?

Here are my room requests...what do you think?
Kidani (Savannah view, studio) 1. Low floor 2. 7254 area (closest to Jambo)
BLT - (Lake View) 1. North room, even number 2. high floor

BLT request is most obvious and straight-forward, but how do I articulate Kidani request?

1. How do I go about making these specific requests?
2. What options are given for requests at either Kidani or BLT?
3. Do I need to call or can I send an email?

Thanks for any advice!!

You should know requests aren't guaranteed first off. If you do a request on line for kidani they either ask you if you want sunset or arusha view. If you call they may note it but thats all.

As for BLT, do you have a MK, LV or Standard? I remember that when I checked in online they asked high or low floor. You can't ask for a specific room or an odd or even numbered room. Same goes for calling in requests, they only note it.

You should know requests aren't guaranteed first off. If you do a request on line for kidani they either ask you if you want sunset or arusha view. If you call they may note it but thats all.

As for BLT, do you have a MK, LV or Standard? I remember that when I checked in online they asked high or low floor. You can't ask for a specific room or an odd or even numbered room. Same goes for calling in requests, they only note it.

Of course there are no guarantees when making a room request. Bay Lake is a Lake view (and frankly I don't really care where I am there b/c I love their lake views, but if I can sneak an MK view out of it, I'd like to try!)

As for Kidani, I suppose I should just call then if all they ask about is which savannah. Unless that's for cash reservations and not DVC?

The best way for you to make reservations is to call Member Services; they'll add the request to your reservation. If you'd rather e-mail, I believe there's still a link to contact MS on the member site.

As far as Kidani I like the Sunset Savannah. Close to the lobby.

BLT.... I love the lake views on the even side. I recently stayed on the odd side and it faces the pool. Was kind of noisy. I don't know if there are any LV with MK views. I stayed in a standard view and had partial lake and I could see MK. Go figure.

If the reservation was made using DVC points and you are the member who owns the points used, call or e-mail Member Services to make your request. If you "rented points", the owner will need to contact Member Services. Do this as soon as you have the chance.

If you made the reservation through Disney Reservation Center, you can all DRC and add your request to your reservation.

For KV, just ask for closest to Jambo House. That should do it.

And, remember, these are just requests and not guaranteed.

Enjoy your trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter