Room for spring training 2005

loveswdw

DIS Veteran
We are planning a trip for spring training in 2005. I know March is generally a busy time at WDW. Since spring training can last pretty much the entire month, how do you plan when to reserve your room since the schedules aren't released until late in the year? I'm concerned that if I wait until the schedule is released there won't be any rooms available and we will have to waitlist. My DH is a big Yankees fan so we are hopefully planning to go to that game (if they play the Braves) and we are planning at least 2 day trips to Tampa for Yankees games.

Does anybody have any advice or past experience?

Thanks!
loveswdw

Tickets went on sale this year on January the 3rd. If I recall right the schedule was out early November?
I called as soon as the dates were released on WDW's site and was able to get a studio for hubby and FIL at OKW for 4 nights no problems. Not sure about the other resorts.

Good luck!

The games are roughly the same time every year so you can use the schedule for a guide. The Yankee game is one of the "hot" tickets and you'll want to try and purchase the tickets the day they go on sale, especially if you don't want lawn seating. (They are purchased through Ticketmaster). Disney also sold some package deal tickets starting in the fall so you might want to keep an eye on the WWofS site as well starting next fall.

I just checked and the Yankee game this year is March 13. It has been sometime during this week for at least the last 5 years. I also checked to see what was still available ticket-wise -- nothing, not even the lawn seats.

Aside from the fact that I would rather have a limb removed then watch ANY yankee game....I believe the houston astros are in Kissimmee....and if you stayed on points in VB...Holman stadium houses the Dodgers spring training as well....oh and the phillies are in clearwater.

And the Mets are in Port St. Lucie (south of Vero).

Pam OKW is right...Yankee vs. Braves tkts., at WWOS, sell out the day they go on sale. I learned this the hard way..I waited until the afternoon that they went on sale & could only get lawn seats. That yr., we travelled to Tampa for a Yankee spring training game. We made a day in Tampa- went to the FL state aquarium for the day & ended the day at Legends Field. We enjoyed ourselves, but if you want the spring training "feel", Legends Field is more like a major league ball park. The "cutest" spring traing game we went to was in Vero "Dodgertown". Tickets were easier to get & the games are alot of fun.
We love night games at WWOS & are going to see Braves vs. Expos this yr. You can spend the day in a park, have dinner & then enjoy a game at a cooler temp. If you go to a day game, try for seats in the shade-we got great, sunny seats the first time I bought thru Ticketmonster, but we got bad sunburn.
We go in March every yr., because our DSs have school vacation then. Then we just go to whatever games are available. But if you're really concerned about catching certain games at WWOS & you have enough pts., I would overbook the number of days in a ressie & pare the days down, after the spring training schedule is released. Spring training games are great!!

Thanks for all the replies. I think that I will go ahead and try to book a room at BCV in the 11 month window in April. I will try to get the week of the 13th or so. If the Yanks aren't playing then I guess I'll switch or waitlist if we have to. I will also check into some of the other teams. DH is a Yanks fan but any baseball will do for him!! :tongue:

I will try Ticketmaster like mad to get the Braves vs. Yanks but we shall see!

Thanks everybody!

loveswdw

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter