Room clean or not?

When you check-in, has your been clean and ready?

• Room was Clean and Ready

• Room was NOT Clean or Ready

Results are only viewable after voting.
Voted Clean and ready. When we checked in OKW 2 bedroom unit everything was great. On the other hand when my brother checked in a few days later in a studio OKW not clean. Actually there was a funny smell but they took care of it right away.

Hi,

I think your poll is a little flawed in that if you experienced one error by a cast member you would have to check that the room was not clean and ready. I checked clean and ready because most of the time our room was clean and ready when we arrived in it. We were actually sent to the wrong room once and it was not cleaned and went down to the front desk and they fixed it for us no problem. It was a simple mistake, they thought the room was ready. These things happen. they made it right for us immediately by sending us to another room. I think that with attendance that is down and cost cutting they woudl experience these types of errors. It has not been my experience that they would intentionally try to pass off a room they knew was not ready.

Originally posted by Kick it up a notch!
I think that with attendance that is down and cost cutting they woudl experience these types of errors.

This shouldn't matter though for us DVC members. We pay dues.

It is true that should not affect us, but I can guarantee it probably does. The costs are divided by a percentage of use at the hotel. The staff works for the property and Disney, not for DVC. It is like the transportation. Each resort pays for a percentage of the boats and busses, If they cut costs, you would see the cost to DVC go down only marginally because of the way the costs are distributed. The DVC does not pay the staff directly and they do not work for the DVC. They work for Disney, and if they cut staff, the level of staffing does not stay the same for the DVC resorts just because you pay dues.

Originally posted by RoutemanDan
I don't think everyone read the OP.

According to that statement,my room has always been clean and ready.
I believe that part was added after several of us posted, DAn.

With that newer definition of "ready", I would say always except for this last trip. The housekeeper had not finished with the towels and was still vacuuming the entry when we arrived at 4:00, but it didn't bother me in the least. We left our bags and headed for the parks and let her finish.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter