Room choice at AKL

Disneybiginner

Mouseketeer
we plan to stay at AKL for our pre cruise stay, it will be our first time staying there. So, here is my questions.

1) We know it won’t be guaranteed, is there a room location that have a good view of the animals (giraffes and zebras especially) and has easy access to the pool and lobby? Also, does the floor matter for animal views to a 4yo and a 6yo? Is the higher floor better?

2) After some research, I see AKL offers lots of free activities for kids. We will have 2 full days/nights there, so, which activities are the must dos besides enjoying the pool? Is it necessary to make an extra trip to Kidani besides a dinner at Sana’a?

3) as of dinner at Sana’a, what time is the best chance to see the animals. We are going in the beginning of August, is 7:00 pm a good time? Cool down a little bit for the animals to be active while still light to be able to see them.

Thank you very much!

1. The lobby is on the 3rd floor, so we like being on the 3rd floor for quicker access to buses. The 3rd floor is also great for animal viewing.

2. AKLs activities were always our kids favorites. I see they have changed a little since we have been there. They liked the animal viewing area & listening to stories from the CMs there. Smores at the viewing area. Story time around the fire pit. Movies outside at night.

We've never gone to Kidani so I can't help with that. Have fun!

1) I'm assuming you've already booked a savanna view room to guarantee you will see the savanna? If so, I would suggest requesting Zebra Trail, Arusha Savanna view, close to pool and I would put those requests in your order of priority. Zebra Trail will get you on the side of the resort closest to the pool area, though some of those rooms are still a hike, hence, the extra request for "close to pool". Arusha savanna is the only one with both zebras and giraffes. To guarantee a view of Arusha Savanna and be closer to the lobby (but not necessarily be on Zebra Trail), you could upgrade your room category to "Savanna View - Club Level Access". This room category will guarantee you a room on the 4th floor overlooking Arusha. The rooms may be on Zebra or Kudu Trail, but the rooms are closer to the lobby area. IMHO, especially with 4 guests and a resort-only stay, Club Level could offer you a good value as it would provide a great breakfast, snacks, drinks (non-alcoholic and alcoholic) and desserts throughout the day.

2) Kidani is very close and there is a free internal shuttle that will take you back and forth between Jambo and Kidani. Kidani has the children's splash play area and a lovely pool as well. I would highly recommend bringing your kids over to at least play in those water features.

3) In early August, sunset in Orlando is around 8:00/8:15 pm. I think 7:00 pm would be a good time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter