Roll Call for the August Pin Event!

MZDavis

Mouseketeer
Subject: Okay everyone... ROLL CALL for the August pin event!!!!!
Author: MZDavis
Date Posted: 04-26-01
Let's start a thread on who will be at the August Pin event.. what dates you are there and where you are staying so maybe we can set up a HUGE DIS meet!! (Why not break a record.. what's the biggest meet so far?)

We will start..

Matthew and I will be there from August 7 to August 13th at the Dolphin

anyone else??

Matthew and Lauri
Collector's Board Moderators
Resort Board Moderators
HostMatthewZD and HostLauri in the Thursday night pin chats

----------------------------------------

Subject:
Author: wvrevy
DW and I will be there Friday morning through Sunday evening, staying at the AKL
We have already gone through our collection to get _all_ the traders out, so we'll know what we're taking in August...lol

Can't wait to meet everyone...

Subject:
Author: bekeating
Shawn and I will be at one of the All-Star resorts (I forget which one) August 8 through August 12th. Our dilema is what to do with the kids. Our original plan was the grandparents, but now my oldest (who is only 6) says she wants to come and pin trade too!

Bonnie and Shawn

Subject: Mee mee mee mee....
Author: Dar20

Rob and I will be there Fri. night through Sunday. We may stay on property... Coronado Springs has $99 nights for FL residents. Not sure yet.
My in-laws may be coming as well.

Dar

Subject: Can't wait!!
Author: LuvClarice
I'm new to the DIS boards. Hubby & I will be at All Star Sports 8-13. I'm a CM at TDS in Syracuse NY. We're celebrating Rick's birthday (9th) at the event. Hope we have a chance to meet some of you.

Kathy

Subject: me too
Author: suzanneb
All Star Sports Fri thru Monday (Aug 10-13)...see ya' there!

suzanneb

Subject: Count us in...
Author: Kris Puyear
We will be staying at All-Star Movies from Aug. 9th thru Aug. 18th.

Kris

Subject:
Author: Cherry
We'll be there. August 4-10 at Old Key West and then the 10th and 11th at Dixie Landings.

Cherry/Member Pin Survivor Cheerleading Squad

Subject: Planning on it!
Author: JamesD
I plan on being at WDW for the August pin event. Not sure if Linda will get to come or not (yeah, right!) We were undecided about whether to go or not, since we already have two trips planned this year. But, we looked at our annual passes, and they expire Aug. 12th, the last day of the pin event. It has to be an omen!
We have reservations for Caribbean Beach from Aug. 9-13, 2001.
Can't wait!

_JamesD_
dzneynut@aol.com)

Subject:
Author: EpcotKilterFan

I gotta work.

Debbie

Subject:
Here's a question for those going in August:

Are you are taking most of your collection (a considerable amount for some) or just "traders" to the August event. We're taking quite a few pins, mostly traders. But those include several that we would ONLY trade for a very limited selection of pins. For example, I'm taking my 35th Anniversary Imagineers pin that would take an awfully good trade to get me to let go of, particularly as it's the only one I have

Just curious what everyone's plans were. We don't get much chance to show off "the collection" up here in the boonies, so we're really looking forward to people who will actually appreciate it

Subject: I got a great TIP from
Zayne and Xavier's Dad last year...I leave my permanent collection AT HOME...and just bring my traders...now some of these are BIG traders...but I would part with them for the right pin...remember you can always say.."I'm saving that for a Holy Grail trade"..
Hope this helps you!

suzanneb

Subject:

Oh don't worry. We know better than to take a few of the pins that we just _wouldn't_ part with I just wondered if, for something this big and something this rare, people would be bringing a LOT of pins, or just what you would take for any normal trip to WDW.

We're certainly doing the former, and that includes bringing several pins that, while we wouldn't trade for just anything, we would certainly trade if the right pin came along. Most of these we only have one of (Mickey Animator, the 35th Imagineers, several others), so we wouldn't trade them very lightly...but if something comes along that we've always wanted (like a jail scene, HM dangle, or a few others) I'd rather have them with me if they'd help to complete a trade.

Can't WAIT till August

Subject:
Author: yogitxtx

Subject: Big event
I think b/c it's such a big event...you might be really happy to have those BIG BIG traders...of course it does add to the weight of your pin books..sigh....but if the pins are HOME and you see that Holy Grail...you'll be a sad puppy...

suzanneb

Subject:
Author: Parkhopper
Suzi and I will both be there staying at the All Star Music Resort (more money for pins). We arrive in the evening on the 8th of August and leave on the last flight out on the 12th of August. If what I have been hearing is correct then this will be an incredible time. We will bring the usual which is a ton of pins.

Subject: CT will be coming
Author: jojo_ct
Peggie, Leslie and I are coming down but our arrivals and departures are not all the same. I fly in on 8/8 and leave on 8/13. Will be staying at Fairfield Inn at Marriott Village.

M * I * C * K * E * Y forever

Subject: August pin meet
Author: simbarogers
We will be there August 7-11 and staying at A.K. Lodge. This is our first pin meet. Can anybody tell us what to expect.

Subject:
Author: Iris
Also working! Will be reading the posts and dying to be where all the action is. Maybe some of you can send reports with pictures so we can all watch the fun from here. Anyone have a webcam?

Sorry I will miss it.

Listed under pinpics as Lady1
Boardwalk-June 1-June 7, 2001
The Wonder-June 7-10,2001!!!!

Subject: Wouldn't miss it.
Author: TIGGERSMOM
Will be there the 8th to 14th - need a couple days to unwind after. Staying at the Boardwalk, after pinning all day a nice relaxing cold whatever at the ESPN club(hopefully a Red Sox game will be on).

I have learned to bring basically my traders, I do bring one bag that has some HTF's just in case a run into a Holy Grail - you never know who might have what!!

Sugar Anne

My family & I will be at the All Star Movies from Aug. 8-14. This is our first pin event & will need a lot of help. Peggy Anne

------------

pintrader

pintrader and DH. I have a new trick. I have put all my Holy Grail traders on one page taken them to a kinko and have a color copy made of it. Then I will have all available traders without the weight. The trader\ can be "closed" at another time and place. :-)
Kathryn

----------------

alberto vargas

Hi! I will be there July 7th- August 14th. I will bring a good amount of pins to trade!! I hope we get to see some great collections!!!

-----------

caesr

I'm trying my best to get there -- Staying at the BWVillas -- Can't wait -- it looks like it's going to be HUGE!!

-------------

Dom13

I will be there but Won't get there 'til late on the 10th and fly out late on the 12th. Quick trip! But at least I get to do some of it. If it was only a week later.....
Pin Pics ID - Dom13

------------

Brer_Frog

We will be staying at the All Star Music from the 9-12. We are very excited and will bring plenty to trade.
See everyone there,
Roy (Brer_Frog)

--------------

pinsforchris

Husband, son and I will be there August 5-13 at Ft. Wilderness.
------------

AZ JazzyJ

Announcement from Arizona Jeff...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From deep within the heart of the Arizona desert, one figure stands alone. A pin bag in one hand, a plane ticket in the other. Another adventure will find its beginning in central Florida in the mid-August sun.
There are way to many stories here for me to miss. Trina and I have made arrangements to be in Orlando from August 7 - August 13 arriving home a mere 37 minutes before the Diamondbacks play the Pittsburgh Pirates. From Walt Disney World to the airport to the ballgame and finally home. What an adventure.

Jeff

-------------

Sarangel

My Fiance & I will be at the boardwalk. Count us in.
Sarangel
-------

JudySue

Mike (Cheshire Figment) and I are planning to be there. Will be bringing a bit of everything and will try Pintraders idea of Xeroxing the really HTF's. Please let me know by e-mail if there is anything I may have that you really want to trade for. I don't like saying "I have it at home".
--------

Perdita&Pongo

I am trying to go, too! Probably Thurs-Sun (8/9-12) at BWV.
~Nancy~

YardHaunter, the girlettes3 and I will be staying somewhere on property with RaulandPinBoy and GotAnyPins (my folks). Maybe an All-Star, maybe and RV at Fort Wilderness. We're still volleying options. As relative newbies, we don't have that"weighing" problem of "what to bring" - we're still fairly portable. Sooo, we'll all probably LUG it all around!

-Lauree

Hey guys!!!

We'll be there Aug. 5-12. We're staying at the All Star Music!!! We don't have hardly any pins to trade, but that's okay, I'll just watch the 'Big Guys' trade!!! I can't wait!!!!!!!!!! :bounce:

I did a double take when I saw this thread!! It's been a few months since I was MZDavis!! :crazy: :earseek: :tongue:

I will be staying from august 5-8 at Ak lodge and 8-18 at All star sports
Im looking foward to meeting many of you again

Ryan

Buzz_Lightyear and I will be there from Aug. 8th to the 13th. We are staying at All Star Music.

Can't wait to meet more from the boards!! And don't forget to wear LIME GREEN ribbon.:bounce:

We will be at the Dolphin August8-13. Hope it's not too late to join the fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter