Roll Call - April 3, 2004 Eastern Magic!

Hi guys!!
This weekend just dragged!! I hope this week at work goes quickly. We have to make up the testing we missed on Friday from the snow.
I packed somewhat. Just seem to have this list of things still to get? Trying to find bug spray, small lysol. Also, still trying to figure out what we are going to do when we get off the ship. I'm thinking about Wet n' Wild. Not sure how far it is from the hotel.
Any suggestions?
I think I need to shop some more...
I also need 2 good books. Any ideas on a good mystery for reading?
Hope you all feel better. Better get that finger check Monchichi, I read a post where they didn't let somebody on the boat because of an infection!!
Where are we meeting?
You will all know me by the MARGARITA in my hand!! Just keeping the "lime green theme" going....
Jane:teeth:

Matthewsmom,

Try Wendy Corsi Staub's "She Loves Me Not" or "In the Blink of and Eye". Wendy has been compared to Mary Higgins Clark. The books take place in upstate New York and Long Island. I've read both books and couldn't put them down.

Good Luck with the testing. Our school is changing the standardized tests they use and won't be testing the kids this year.

Monchichi,
I sent the email again and it should work this time. I swore we weren't going to go crazy shopping, but we spent several hours at Rockaway Town Square today and I still have to get dressy shoes for Kate and me. We're still looking for coordinating tropical attire.

8 days and counting for us.

Pocono:teeth: ::MinnieMo ::MickeyMo

I am up at 11:30 pm because my dear, dear son did't tell me that he had a report to finish. The teacher said for him to do it this weekend. UGH!:eek:
Well after a long talk with him. I helped him finish it up. He is now rewriting the whole thing. I hope after tonight he will not do this again.:earseek:
I will take Taylor into the doc's in the morning. Can anything else happen before we go?
Gina, Taylor had fun talking to you today.
They sound so cute talking on the phone.
:happy1:
I think I need more cash for those rum drinks.:cool1:
Anyone else have dreams about already being on a beach? :sunny:
Went through ALL of Taylor's clothes today, and got rid of 12 pairs of shoes and 2 boxes of clothes. I thought, while I was getting out her summer stuff I might as well see what fit her anymore. She is in between a 6 and 7, and about a 2 in shoes.
I can't believe she had so many shoes! Starts young, I guess!
poconoboatniks: I will send the pictures tonight after I type this. My son and Kate should get along good too. I showed him a picture of her and he said "whats her brothers name?" Boys, that typical cootie stage. LOL:scared1:
Well talk to you all tomorrow.
Steph:wave:

Pocono....You should wait to get your tropical clothes at St. Marrten.....They are much cheaper and just tons and tons of stuff.....right in the market area just a short ways off the boat.
You will see that night that whole families come back from a market trip and they are all matching...its less expensive than shopping for tanzinite....and you are still shopping!

DCBrown:Pinkbounc :smooth: :Pinkbounc :smooth: :Pinkbounc pirate:

Hey DCbrown,

Thanks! I was just going to order some matching shirts from Hilo Hatties. Will I have enough time to shop in St. Maarten after the dolphin swim? I was going to look for some tanzinite Christmas presents. HMmm DH wants a Tag Heuer watch and has been checking out the jewelers on the navigators.

Can't wait to meet all of you guys.

Ellen

We are there until at least 7PM.....a lengthier day than in St Thomas where we pull out at 4:30....so alot more time to shop....and if you have a late seating ....you are set.

DCBrown,

This is Denvick...Remember from last years Cruise?

I know you are going on the Eastern the week before us this year.

Sorry we couldn't hook up.

Have a great cruise!!!!

We will be on the Western itinerary for Easter again this year with Hans Solo!

Take care and have a great time!!!!

Dennis

Hey Denvick,

Yes, I will miss you all this year.....am going to meet up w/Hans the morning you embark and I disembark....our girls have become very friendly....we actually saw them over the Xmas holiday when we were down at OKW. I will try to do a daily update for you while onboard. Hope all is well!!

Hello, all! I am sorry it has been so long since I have written! School has been crazy!!!! Spring break will be a God's send!
I am so excited reading all of your posts!! We don't have a Home Depot around here to get the stickers. I will make something like a green mickey and look for all of you.
We have late seating and are also on deck 2.
I can't wait to meet all of you!! yo ho ho!!
Kelly:earsgirl:

Kelly, PM me with your address, and I'll send you as many stickers as you need, I have a bunch from our local store.
We also have late seating and are on deck 2 cabin number 2544, what cabin number are you in? Linda

Kellydmac, I'm on deck 2 also. Late seating. DDS10. I hear and feel the pain about spring break. I just called in for my sub for two days!!! Boy!! Will I catch the wrath about that!!! Oh well, that's the way it goes...
It's 19 degrees here, what's up with that??? Matthew keeps asking me am I SURE we will be able to go swimming and wear shorts? YES!!!
Getting so excited to meet all of you. I have my DS fannypack and buttons!!! And of course, my GREEN MARGARITA, LOL!!!
Any of you vetrans, is there a library on the ship? Can I borrow books from there? I'm starting to sweat baggage capacity. I only want to bring 3 bags, I may end up having to get a garment bag to check. I'm worried about not having enough space to pack all my 'BOUNTY' in on the way home!!
Got my hair cut and colored last night!! Whew!! The grays were starting to scare me when I looked in the mirror!!
Somebody send me the ships horn if you have it!!
Jane:sunny:
PS-We can party on Deck 2 and then go up and party with them!!

We are in cabin 2609. We got switched to deck 2 from deck 1.
Sillysmom is sending stickers! Thanks!!
Doing the cruise shopping tomorrow and packing this weekend!! Can't wait!!
Talk to you all soon!!
Kelly:earsgirl:

Originally posted by sillysmom
Hey Trekker, I was just looking back at some of your more recent posts on this thread, you last said "Don't forget 3:00 p.m. Scuttles 4/3". I thought the meet was going to be at scoops? Isn't Scuttles on CC? Just let me know, don't want to miss anything.

AAAAHHHH! I'm such an idiot sometimes - WOW - if there was a way to be at Scuttle's on 4/3 at 3:00PM that would be cool - (read - at Castaway Cay!)

You are absolutely right - Scoop's is the place to be - See you then

AAAAHHHH!! Only about a week to go and DW & DD LAST NIGHT decided to look into swimsuits! I cannot belive - last minute! HA! I'm ready - I've got it all packed - couple pairs of shorts, swimsuits, tropical shirts, slacks for dinner, what else do you need?

Judy! :wave:

If only you could join us - then it would be complete - we can only hope for next trip!

There is a chance we will be doing the Western in Oct instead of another next spring. Josh and Kate have a chance to spend Spring Break '05' in Myrtle Beach for Spring Break with their Church group!

Hey Dcbrown - DS just said last night that your DD sent him a picture - his reaction was WOW - she is really cute! What have we done! LOL!

I know this is in here some place - but I'm honestly to lazy to go back through the thread and figure this out. My DD is 14 and would love to know who else is on board her age.

Anyone that would like to communicate before the trip? (pm or email me) Or even just a list of kids around that age - so she knows she is not alone.

I think she is a little put off by how much DS is IMing with kids for this trip and she is not!

Trekker,
I don't know if I should say "fortunately or unfortunately" but the feeling is mutual!!! You are correct in saying "What have we done?" I am afraid that I have encouraged my daughters social scene to revolve around cruising....how expensive is that! Everyone she meets lives miles away....well at least they are on the same continent. Most importantlythough.....all have been very nice and well mannered....guess that comes from parents spending alot of money to let their children experience the world and the people in it!!

Looking forward to meeting all soon......give WDW our best regards.

Oh, I'm just counting the days!!
Finished up my shopping. Just need to go to the library and get a few books!! Will finish packing this Saturday.
Got an e-mail from our superindentent: SCATHING!! comes to mind. I will be taking my days w/o pay!! Oh well!!! Like I will cancel my trip. Our district goes 182 days per calender year, we could easily cancel the last two days and be like the rest of NJ, but no, we must be BETTER!!! I'm guessing 1/2 the staff and students will not be there...
Everyone ready???
Jane

Wow! I can't believe it is getting so close, I have so much to do!
I really think I have everything, but I keep thinking I am gonna forget something. We are going to lay out our clothes this weekend and see what outfits we have. I wore my new sandels today to break them in. I took care of the pets, found them a spring break home. Got cameras, I think we are set, but I still feel like I am going to be running around the last minute.
How is everyone else doing? I didn't check, but is anyone else coming from the west coast?
Talk to you all soon, very soon

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter