ROFR

FatherForce

Mouseketeer
So, I was under the impression that Disney takes at least 30 days and as much as 60 to exercise their ROFR, but reading the thread here, it looks like about 2 weeks.
Is that the case?

I just sold three contracts & purchased one....

On my sales, the two small BWV contracts were lickity split. 3 weeks or so. On the SSR I sold, Disney ROFRed and that took longer.

We purchased a Vero contract and that went through in 17 days.

But in all my reading, I kind of think the longer DVC takes on ROFR, the more likely it is that they'll exercise. (Though I may be wrong)

I hope this helps! :)

So, I was under the impression that Disney takes at least 30 days and as much as 60 to exercise their ROFR, but reading the thread here, it looks like about 2 weeks.
Is that the case?
The official rule is they can take up to your proposed closing date. If they don’t respond by the closing date it counts as a waiver and the sale goes through.

The rule is that the seller must give at least 30 days to DVC to decide so that’s where the 30 days come from. So if your closing is 6 months away they in theory could take 6 months.

Is that the case?

crvetter outlined what the rules are. In general though DVC gives an answer within 30 days. Then it seems to vary. Sometimes it goes quickly and other times it'll be the full 30 days. Best to plan on the 30 days and be surprised if it's less. Early this spring most were reporting 30 days and a few even longer. Then all of sudden things were taking a couple of weeks. It'll go back to 30 days at some point if it hasn't already.

In May, it took about 2 weeks to hear from Disney on ROFR for our SSR contract.

In mid-June to July 1, Disney took two weeks and ROFR’ed our SSR resale, and then I made an offer on points at BRV on July 2 that got approved July 17.

It is extremely variable. Our first contract, ROFR took nearly a month before it passed after submission. Our second contract, passed in under a week.
There doesn't seem to be any pattern as to what Disney takes and what they let pass through. Most feel the cheap contracts will get taken, but yet a lot still pass,

As mentioned, it really seems to be anywhere from the 2 weeks to 30 days. I have had ones pass in as little as a week and some take almost the full 30. Sounds like right now, the trend is around 2 to 3 weeks, but it is a good idea to plan on the 30 days for planning purposes!

Does financing vs not financing factor in or just the $ per pt and expiration year?

Ours was submitted 7/16 and we received word that they passed on our contract on 8/1. $105/pt for 230 points at OKW with 460 points coming 9/1.

Is that the case?
I have had 2 pass ROFR in 14-17 days and one took 30 days in last 2 months.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter