ROFR Thread Oct to Dec 2021 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does Disney release their ROFR decisions to brokers rolling throughout the day or are they typically notified at certain times of the day?
Obviously, there can be a delay between when the broker finds out and when they tell you but just wondering.

Lorana---$170-$9080-50-CCV@WL-Sep-9/21, 50/22, 50/23-seller pays MF '21- sent 10/15

Okay, okay, I should've accepted that losing my first contract to ROFR was a sign I shouldn't add on right now, but I really wanted some more points at CCV, and this small contract appeared. A little more than I want to spend and not as great a deal as my $153/point, but still $55 per point less than direct. So let's see if this one passes...

Lorana---$170-$9080-50-CCV@WL-Sep-9/21, 50/22, 50/23-seller pays MF '21- sent 10/15

Okay, okay, I should've accepted that losing my first contract to ROFR was a sign I shouldn't add on right now, but I really wanted some more points at CCV, and this small contract appeared. A little more than I want to spend and not as great a deal as my $153/point, but still $55 per point less than direct. So let's see if this one passes...
...but THIS one is a small contract and you love adding the little ones to your collection. The 100 pointer was probably just fate since it was three digits. :D

...but THIS one is a small contract and you love adding the little ones to your collection. The 100 pointer was probably just fate since it was three digits. :D
Ha ha ha!! I like knowing I have the flexibility to sell off small amounts if I need to. It's also just so much easier to add on small amounts, than large contracts. It's funny that I'd balk at buying a large contract because of the price tag, yet add on a number of small contracts over time that comes out to the same amount. ;-) 100 points is usually the largest I'll go. At least these days. When I could get prices below $100/point, I was more willing to pick up 100-150 point contracts.

Ha ha ha!! I like knowing I have the flexibility to sell off small amounts if I need to. It's also just so much easier to add on small amounts, than large contracts. It's funny that I'd balk at buying a large contract because of the price tag, yet add on a number of small contracts over time that comes out to the same amount. ;-) 100 points is usually the largest I'll go. At least these days. When I could get prices below $100/point, I was more willing to pick up 100-150 point contracts.

just out of curiosity, I know closing costs go up with larger contracts but I am wondering how much it typically costs to close a small contract.

just out of curiosity, I know closing costs go up with larger contracts but I am wondering how much it typically costs to close a small contract.
Different title company has different costs. I have a 60 points closed by FATC for $455 but a 45 points will cost me $560 with another.

I am over here building my Disney dreams 25 points at a time and closing costs are $450-$550. :) I was planning on this to avoid financing. With the low prices out there , I’m wondering if I should go for a bigger one and finance. Hmmm

I am over here building my Disney dreams 25 points at a time and closing costs are $450-$550. :) I was planning on this to avoid financing. With the low prices out there , I’m wondering if I should go for a bigger one and finance. Hmmm
I’d avoid financing unless you plan on paying it off quickly. Interest is so high on these loans.

you have to do the math on your specific situation but at 10%+ interest, it is hard to justify financing.

It does depend on the title company, but closing costs can be around $400-$580 for small contracts. It's why it's important to figure out the per point cost + closing + dues equation, and then compare to direct. For example, if I buy a direct contract at the end of my UY (in August, as my UY is September), I can get both years of points, and only pay dues on only 5 months of the year, plus often a slightly smaller closing cost. When I compare with resale contracts and add in how many points are in the contract, plus dues, plus closing costs, sometimes it makes that difference between resale and direct be small enough that I favor direct points (due to no restrictions on future resorts) and is why my last small add-on for AKV was direct. But even though this 50-pointer isn't as great a deal as I would like, it's still a good deal at $55 off per direct point, even if I'm going to pay $150 or so more in closing than direct. Now, if it were still August, the math might be different, as I could get 2020 UY (which I could bank into 2020) AND 2021 UY points and this contract only has 9 2021 Points - so I'd have 91 more points. Resale is still less expensive, but the gap is much smaller, and in that case, I may have leaned direct.

I agree - still looking for another small BCV contract with a JUN date……🤞

It does depend on the title company, but closing costs can be around $400-$580 for small contracts. It's why it's important to figure out the per point cost + closing + dues equation, and then compare to direct. For example, if I buy a direct contract at the end of my UY (in August, as my UY is September), I can get both years of points, and only pay dues on only 5 months of the year, plus often a slightly smaller closing cost. When I compare with resale contracts and add in how many points are in the contract, plus dues, plus closing costs, sometimes it makes that difference between resale and direct be small enough that I favor direct points (due to no restrictions on future resorts) and is why my last small add-on for AKV was direct. But even though this 50-pointer isn't as great a deal as I would like, it's still a good deal at $55 off per direct point, even if I'm going to pay $150 or so more in closing than direct. Now, if it were still August, the math might be different, as I could get 2020 UY (which I could bank into 2020) AND 2021 UY points and this contract only has 9 2021 Points - so I'd have 91 more points. Resale is still less expensive, but the gap is much smaller, and in that case, I may have leaned direct.

Exactly my thoughts. On 25 point contracts, you can easily pay up to $250 less in closing costs by going direct. That effectively closes the gap between direct and resale by $10 PP. Add in good timing for buying right before your banking deadline and you can get double points with prorated dues (which on a 25 point contract could be almost nothing anyway). Of course, you could find a resale contract that has double points with the seller paying current year dues, but when you start closing the PP gap, direct starts looking a bit sweeter.

I think this is going to be very dependent on ROFR. That seems like the biggest thing keeping the prices of OKW and SSR up over $120 right now.

Disney can’t ROFR them all. They might be able to slow down a decline, but if no one wants to buy them above 120 then prices will have to come down. People are listing them because they want to sell them and won’t want them sitting there forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter