• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ROFR Thread Oct - Dec 2016 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you fix the DVC site too? Pretty please with some plaid shirts and Temple of the Dog sprinkled on top (how is that for mid to late 90's references)!!!

Sorry, thread drift. Totally on me.

(Googling "temple of the dog"...)

Sorry, but my first job was at a disney store, and it's one of my worst employment experiences ever. I don't forsee ever working for them again. One of my college friends worked on MyMagic+ for years and had strikingly similar experiences. (Which is why I almost never get upset with CM's and almost always over-tip them. You wouldn't believe what they go through, both from guests and especially disney management.)

Last edited:
gluestickgirl---$92-$5025-50-SSR-Mar-0/15, 0/16, 0/17, 50/18-seller pays MF '17- sent 9/29

passed 10/5! i was worried they'd slow down after the FOE, but i guess not. we were hoping to have access by early dec - looks like that may actually happen.

gluestickgirl---$92-$5025-50-SSR-Mar-0/15, 0/16, 0/17, 50/18-seller pays MF '17- sent 9/29

passed 10/5! i was worried they'd slow down after the FOE, but i guess not. we were hoping to have access by early dec - looks like that may actually happen.
Congrats! Is that an add-on or are you soon-to-be new owners?

it's an addon.. we were in the process of our first contract during the 4/4 debacle, so this one is already going more smoothly. ;)

You should be done by December then for sure. Usually it's just a week or so after the contract closes and the points are ready to use.

My first case of addonitis strikes:

phatscott25---$110-$24805-220-BLT-Jun-0/15, 207/16, 220/17-seller pays MF'16- sent 10/5

Edited to fix transposition error.

Last edited:

Thanks and yes I thought so too! Except I just realized I transposed the numbers for total which should actually be $24805. But yes definitely a good deal. I'm actually worried Disney is going to take it. Just hoping they got enough BLT lately.

Thanks and yes I thought so too! Except I just realized I transposed the numbers for total which should actually be $24805. But yes definitely a good deal. I'm actually worried Disney is going to take it. Just hoping they got enough BLT lately.
Let's hope so (or they don't need June UY). They have been taking at that price (with seller paying MF) this summer/fall

JHank44 (Family)---$120-$24745-200-VGF-Dec-0/15, 36/16, 200/17-seller pays MF '16- sent 9/28, passed 10/5

My parents decided to join the club and thought I would share for price discovery. I am impressed by the speed of ROFR waiver.

JHank44 (Family)---$120-$24745-200-VGF-Dec-0/15, 36/16, 200/17-seller pays MF '16- sent 9/28, passed 10/5

My parents decided to join the club and thought I would share for price discovery. I am impressed by the speed of ROFR waiver.
That's a great price, good luck!

Anybody see this listing?

https://www.dvcresalemarket.com/listing/BL6543/
Stripped BLT contract at $85 pp-thinking it has a very slim chance of passing ROFR. No points until April 2018 but that's less than half what Disney sells it for retail. Pretty great price if anyone wants to take a chance and doesn't need a lot of points right away.

Stripped BLT contract at $85 pp-thinking it has a very slim chance of passing ROFR. No points until April 2018 but that's less than half what Disney sells it for retail. Pretty great price if anyone wants to take a chance and doesn't need a lot of points right away.
Yeah, it just came up on their app this evening, hope it isn't a typo, but it does say it is dramatically reduced. Might be a great buy if it makes it through ROFR.

If you look at their website they have a lot of "reduced" listings for BLT. Might be the signs of a peak in the resale market with prices falling this fall going into the end of the year before MF's are due.

I sent over for this one as soon as it popped up, but someone just beat me to it. I doubt it makes it past ROFR, but awesome deal if it does.

Doubt it passes, they tend to buy anything less than $95 (based on my watching the OCC). That being said, I was surprised my parent's were able to get a semi-stripped VGF for $120.

Here is all the ROFR for the year, not sure stripped/banked are on each contract but gives you an idea (in anyone knows how to get that information it would be very illuminating). I also have the foreclosure prices that were > $100 if there is an interest. The one thing I need to do is put this in context of what passes. I didn't want to take the time to put every transaction in a spreadsheet. If I get the time I'll write a script with OCR tool to pull all the data from the filings but will take some time for me to figure it out.

upload_2016-10-6_10-12-28.png
upload_2016-10-6_10-13-0.png

Doubt it passes, they tend to buy anything less than $95 (based on my watching the OCC). That being said, I was surprised my parent's were able to get a semi-stripped VGF for $120.

Here is all the ROFR for the year, not sure stripped/banked are on each contract but gives you an idea (in anyone knows how to get that information it would be very illuminating). I also have the foreclosure prices that were > $100 if there is an interest. The one thing I need to do is put this in context of what passes. I didn't want to take the time to put every transaction in a spreadsheet. If I get the time I'll write a script with OCR tool to pull all the data from the filings but will take some time for me to figure it out.

View attachment 199262
View attachment 199264
Nice job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter