ROFR Thread July to Sept 2022 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
It absolutely has taken this long in the past. Possibly special circumstances (Covid) but end of 2020 through mid 2021 I purchased 8 contracts. The fastest was 81 days and the longest was 99 days. This isn't a new phenomenon. Personally I don't believe they take long on purpose, but I also don't think they have any reason to be quick.
I've added on via Resale 3 times-
Feb. of 2020 - Total Process took 91 Days
Sep. of 2021 - Total Process took 93 Days
Feb. of 2021 - Total Process took 75 Days.
6-8 weeks seems like an acceleration :)

Screen Shot 2022-08-07 at 2.55.02 PM.png

I've added on via Resale 3 times-
Feb. of 2020 - Total Process took 91 Days
Sep. of 2021 - Total Process took 93 Days
Feb. of 2021 - Total Process took 75 Days.
6-8 weeks seems like an acceleration :)

View attachment 691530
Now add data from 2015 to 2018 where the average was 60 days

Also your points were added in 2-3 weeks not 6-8 - that is what we are discussing.

And your contract taking 31 days is not DVC's fault.

Last edited:
Now add data from 2015 to 2018 where the average was 60 days

Also your points were added in 2-3 weeks not 6-8
Ah -- I guess I should have read that more carefully!
I thought the complaint was that the whole process was taking 6-8 Weeks, not just the addition of the points. SORRY - & thanks for the response :)

Ah -- I guess I should have read that more carefully!
I thought the complaint was that the whole process was taking 6-8 Weeks, not just the addition of the points. SORRY - & thanks for the response :)
I think we would all be happy with a 6-8 week end to end ! Your data collection is impressive BTW

I think I had the shortest ROFR in recent weeks at 21 days - of course it was on a contract that can't close till mid November.

I am in the boat with those of you who see the delays being the result of low priority and staff turnover.

I work in public education and I’ve seen first hand in my field that many things people think are a conspiracy are simply the result of bureaucracy combined with understaffed and/or poorly staffed teams (aka incompetence).

That said, I closed on my AKV on 7/27 and the deed recorded on 7/28 and I really hope it doesn’t take 6 to 8 weeks for the points to get loaded! My previous resales took 21 days, 18 days, and 12 days to go from deed recording to points in my account. The 12 days one was just a couple months ago in May.

We closed on 2 contracts back in May. Both times we got the 6 week estimate from our brokers as to when the points would show up in our membership. One took 10 days from the deed being recorded to see the contract and the other 8 days. For both contracts I then got the points loaded through online chat. If it's really taking 6 - 8 weeks now, that is definitely a new wrinkle and very annoying.

We have one more contract that closed in July. The deed was recorded 7/26 and I've yet to see the contract show up in our membership. I'm hoping this is one of those things that happens when there is only 1 or 2 people doing a job and someone is out on vacation or ill, etc and not really an actual change in policy. For what it's worth this will be our 4th resale contract in the last 18 months or so, and I've heard the 6 week estimate from every broker I've dealt with as well as DVC MS. It's never taken anywhere near that long, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed it won't be the case with this latest contract.

Time will tell.

Shelle88---$116-$15594-120-SSR-Apr-0/21, 120/22, 120/23, 120/24- sent 7/7, taken 8/8

Well, no surprise there.
I'm expecting the same results for my $110 that was submitted last week unless DVC changes what they are going after. I might take a break after that and understand why people aren't bidding on these as basically you are tying up your money for a month at a time.

whoa, how'd you negotiate this one? I'm surprised it took them 40 days to decide on it. Nice try though!
A FB post by a smaller broker (seems to communicate mostly through FB and email - no website listings). Originally listed at about $150 and reduced twice to $137. Despite ROFR, smooth process with the new-to-me broker so I’ll definitely keep an eye out in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!