ROFR Thread July to Sept 2022 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Unclelude

Mouseketeer
Joined
Oct 16, 2020
Day 35 here. Considering sending a message today...
I would ... I'm in the middle of my own little horror story... I checked in at 30 days and it turned out something got screwed up and my offer never got sent. Reset to zero... I'm pushing 20(50) days now... I know this has to be super uncommon, but worth a check in.

It would be cool if there was a status widget, like when you order a dominos pizza ... "offer received -> randomizing order -> analyzing -> wait more -> ROFR!"
 

AKVDisneyFan

Mouseketeer
Joined
Mar 28, 2022
I would ... I'm in the middle of my own little horror story... I checked in at 30 days and it turned out something got screwed up and my offer never got sent. Reset to zero... I'm pushing 20(50) days now... I know this has to be super uncommon, but worth a check in.

It would be cool if there was a status widget, like when you order a dominos pizza ... "offer received -> randomizing order -> analyzing -> wait more -> ROFR!"
Oh nooooooo. I’m so sorry!
 

OlieRow

Mouseketeer
Joined
Apr 24, 2016
I did. Since I knew that my price was right on the ROFR line, I had a couple backups ready to go. Made an offer with an international seller the same day mine got taken.

It should pass ROFR in the next few days.

I’m torn between coming up with a list of backup contracts and making a spreadsheet of how I’ll plan to use my points for the next 2-3 years. 😂

Realistically, I know my offer (200pt loaded BWV for $135/pt) was low and is at risk of being taken but I felt like if I sent something to ROFR without being nervous I’d feel like I overpaid. I’m not in any kind of hurry to own in the sense of having a specific trip in mind to plan/book. So I’ll just sit here, waiting patiently with my fingers crossed sacrificing chickens for the next month…
 

hglenn

DIS Veteran
Joined
May 10, 2013
I’m torn between coming up with a list of backup contracts and making a spreadsheet of how I’ll plan to use my points for the next 2-3 years. 😂

Realistically, I know my offer (200pt loaded BWV for $135/pt) was low and is at risk of being taken but I felt like if I sent something to ROFR without being nervous I’d feel like I overpaid. I’m not in any kind of hurry to own in the sense of having a specific trip in mind to plan/book. So I’ll just sit here, waiting patiently with my fingers crossed sacrificing chickens for the next month…
I'm betting it passes... BWV has not been taken since early April. My 240 passed at $125.
 

geargrinder

Mouseketeer
Joined
May 10, 2022
I would ... I'm in the middle of my own little horror story... I checked in at 30 days and it turned out something got screwed up and my offer never got sent. Reset to zero... I'm pushing 20(50) days now... I know this has to be super uncommon, but worth a check in.

It would be cool if there was a status widget, like when you order a dominos pizza ... "offer received -> randomizing order -> analyzing -> wait more -> ROFR!"
Dang. That sucks!
 

tarajean1962

Earning My Ears
Joined
Sep 1, 2003
Okay you guys! Please forgive my ignorance but I have another question.

In my waiver letter from DVC resale Market, it said this:

"Disney DVC has waived your contract and has issued the Estoppel certificate in one fell swoop! "

I have no idea what that means and if it will make things go quicker or not. I really should at this point. This is my fourth contract and my third resale one.

I am a nurse. I do not know much about real estate. But FWIW, I could deliver your baby in a hallway.
 

Joel22

Earning My Ears
Joined
Jul 11, 2022
I was definitely not shy about checking in. We submitted on 7/14 and I emailed my broker on 8/9. They said that they hadn't heard but have daily calls with Disney and would ask on the next call. Low and behold, I received confirmation today that we passed ROFR.
I didn't know they could call Disney to ask? I'm scared to ask in case they think I'm desperate and take it haha. Still, I have a backup
 

Sandisw

DVC Forums
Moderator
Joined
Nov 15, 2008
Okay you guys! Please forgive my ignorance but I have another question.

In my waiver letter from DVC resale Market, it said this:

"Disney DVC has waived your contract and has issued the Estoppel certificate in one fell swoop! "

I have no idea what that means and if it will make things go quicker or not. I really should at this point. This is my fourth contract and my third resale one.

I am a nurse. I do not know much about real estate. But FWIW, I could deliver your baby in a hallway.
Years ago, Disney sent ROFR and the at a later time..maybe a week or so later..would send the estoppel certificate.

Now they send together which is nice. It could also be why we have seen a little bit longer ROFR since this process started. There is some info out there that once estoppel is request it needs to be received within 10 or 15 days.

Since they do it all in one swoop..you take the at least 30 for ROFR and time to estoppel, you get to that 40 that it takes some??

Maybe they simply wait to send info when both aspects are done? Just guessing.
 

Heroes_or_Villains

Earning My Ears
Joined
Jul 17, 2021
I didn't know they could call Disney to ask? I'm scared to ask in case they think I'm desperate and take it haha. Still, I have a backup
Not entirely sure how it works. They just mentioned via email that they talk to Disney almost daily so would ask about it during their next call. I doubt Disney really cares about our desperation. :P
 

tarajean1962

Earning My Ears
Joined
Sep 1, 2003
Years ago, Disney sent ROFR and the at a later time..maybe a week or so later..would send the estoppel certificate.

Now they send together which is nice. It could also be why we have seen a little bit longer ROFR since this process started. There is some info out there that once estoppel is request it needs to be received within 10 or 15 days.

Since they do it all in one swoop..you take the at least 30 for ROFR and time to estoppel, you get to that 40 that it takes some??

Maybe they simply wait to send info when both aspects are done? Just guessing.
Thanks for the response! So, I take it to mean that this is standard practice these days and we are not special! :D

We are still so happy!! I know we probably overpaid a bit for this contract but this is exactly what we wanted to do point wise!!
 
Last edited:

Johtull12

Earning My Ears
Joined
May 7, 2019
Why would a new BLT2 make BLT ROFR price go up? If anything, shouldn't it go down or not ROFR at all. Same has happened to VGF and Poly.
Just an opinion but I'd blame VGF on bad market timing at launch and the type of (hotel) rooms being offered at BPK. Additionally all the added points to that deed will make the better legacy rooms harder to get at the 11 month mark. Poly isn't here yet but again the drop in prices for existing inventory seems top be market conditions. DVCResale use to average 250-400 listings and currently they are at 650 and growing. In theory the new Poly Tower (like a possible BLT2) when it does go on sale should make the price of existing contracts go up, given they are on same deed. The direct price, likely will be more than they currently are so buying resale and having access to a brand new resort at a steep discount makes sense. Disney sells BLT now for $265 they are ROFRing as high as $173 lately. I guess it could just be a quick flip too. A new BLT2 in 2 years would probably be $300 or more and would almost have to have more infrastructure included like new restaurants, shops...etc. I don't think the Contemporary could support another stand alone tower.
 
Last edited:










Top