ROFR Thread July to Sept 2022 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question: We bought a resale contract (Boardwalk). Our sellers just sent their closing documents in. How long should it take before I get my DVC member number (this is our firs resale, so we don't have a number yet)?

Thanks.

Question: We bought a resale contract (Boardwalk). Our sellers just sent their closing documents in. How long should it take before I get my DVC member number (this is our firs resale, so we don't have a number yet)?

Thanks.

Once you find out it is officially closed, I’d expect a few weeks to get the membership set up and another week or so to have the points for booking.

Thanks.
There's another thread on closing that gives people's milestones for after passing ROFR that will let you track recent timelines more closely.

We bought our first resale and our timelines were pretty close to what @Sandisw noted. Though it also seems like time between member number and points posted is a bit of a wild card lately, depending on your patience and/or persistence.

Once you find out it is officially closed, I’d expect a few weeks to get the membership set up and another week or so to have the points for booking.
For the last 40 contracts posted in the thread (as of a week ago) the average time from deed recorded to account creation is 18.48 days. For deeds recorded in August til now average is 16.06. Yes, I’m impatient. 😂

ETA I think the shortest was 11 days.

For the last 40 contracts posted in the thread (as of a week ago) the average time from deed recorded to account creation is 18.48 days. For deeds recorded in August til now average is 16.06. Yes, I’m impatient. 😂

ETA I think the shortest was 11 days.

That is great some have seen it happen sooner so hopefully the timeframe doesn’t change!

That is great some have seen it happen sooner so hopefully the timeframe doesn’t change!
Hoping it’s sooner! I’m at 13 days of deed recording for my add on contact and the 11 month window will be coming up to bookend the 2023 member cruise!

Eahajd—-$135-$7553-50-SSR-Jun-0/21, 0/22, 25/23, 50/24-Sent 9/6- PASSED 9/19

That was WAY faster than I thought!
Wow they’re up to 9/6 already. Hope I hear about my tomorrow so then I can celebrate by throwing more money at Disney at Oogie Boogie Bash 🤣 Congrats on your contract!

Wow they’re up to 9/6 already. Hope I hear about my tomorrow so then I can celebrate by throwing more money at Disney at Oogie Boogie Bash 🤣 Congrats on your contract!
Thank you! I had to email them to make sure it was real and they had the right contract. 😂 And issued estoppel!

Good luck! 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

Seriously thinking about offering on a Saratoga contract soon. What have people been offering per point?

DANG! Last night, after two taken this summer by the ROFL lady, we made a new offer on another 100-point April CC that had just become available. Asking was $168. We offered $12/point OVER asking and it still wasn't enough - another family had a slightly higher offer. I am starting to think the universe is trying to tell us we do not need to own at Copper Creek.

Wow thats insane, even with $12 above asking and you still didn't get it.

Did you ask how much the winning bid was?

Honestly I think you are sort of lucky, I understand that you might not feel like it, but I can't help thinking that with the current economics around the world, that the current DVC prices are bound to drop. Question is just how much.

We’ve had 3 AKL bought back by Disney through ROFR. Tempted on trying for OKW, found a cracking deal which (if it passes) will save us £8500 (we’re UK). Does anyone have any problems booking standard studio rooms at AKL 7 months out?

We’ve had 3 AKL bought back by Disney through ROFR. Tempted on trying for OKW, found a cracking deal which (if it passes) will save us £8500 (we’re UK). Does anyone have any problems booking standard studio rooms at AKL 7 months out?
Depends on time of year and length of stay.

Wow thats insane, even with $12 above asking and you still didn't get it.

Did you ask how much the winning bid was?

Honestly I think you are sort of lucky, I understand that you might not feel like it, but I can't help thinking that with the current economics around the world, that the current DVC prices are bound to drop. Question is just how much.

I respectfully have to disagree. We have been in a slump in reality since Covid (2 years) and it's been a steady downwards trend but with inflation perhaps being one factor prices have been steadily rising. Taking the CC (CCV) example, buy back has risen nearly every single month, also in part due to Direct price rises. August saw a $175 buy back. I'm pretty sure we will be at $180 buy back by Jan/March at the latest.

I could of course be wrong but that's what the data is leading to.

We’ve had 3 AKL bought back by Disney through ROFR. Tempted on trying for OKW, found a cracking deal which (if it passes) will save us £8500 (we’re UK).
Pretty much the worst time to buy DVC from UK. Dollar rate at 1.14, it was 1.4 last year. That means a 200 AKV contract at $140pp is now £4.5k more than last year. The only way to help beat this is if you get a loaded contract and rent a lot of points out to start with. Otherwise I would sit tight until exchange rate improves.

I respectfully have to disagree. We have been in a slump in reality since Covid (2 years) and it's been a steady downwards trend but with inflation perhaps being one factor prices have been steadily rising. Taking the CC (CCV) example, buy back has risen nearly every single month, also in part due to Direct price rises. August saw a $175 buy back. I'm pretty sure we will be at $180 buy back by Jan/March at the latest.

I could of course be wrong but that's what the data is leading to.
With inflation and a recession on the raise, DVC prices which is a luxury purchase can't keep increasing. When people start to lose their jobs then a luxury thing is some of the first things to go.

In the U.S the recession have only just started and therefore not a lot of people have lost their jobs yet.

I too could also be wrong but a recession is coming, question is just how long and deep it will be. If the DVC pricing can survive that without taking a beating, then they can survive anything. If that happens I will start to see my DVC contracts as a financial investment too and not strictly a luxury purchase.

I dont want to downplay the data thats available as I would love that the DVC prices only knew one direction and thats up but it might just be the perfect storm.

/C

Status
Not open for further replies.

facebook twitter