ROFR Thread July to Sept 2021 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sooooo this happened today.

ABE4DISNEY---$120-$21032-160-SSR-Feb-0/20, 0/21, 320/22, 160/23- sent 8/4/21, taken 8/25, not taken 9/10

I was informed by my broker and the admin in the company that this contract had been ROFR'd on 8/25. Then on 9/2, I received an email from the admin that I had passed ROFR. I responded to the email with a "Head's up--you sent this to the wrong person as I was ROFR'd on 8/25." No response back so I assumed it was just a mistake.

However, during this time we were still waiting on our deposit to be returned. I even wrote the admin last week to ask again if she could check on our deposit. She sent back that she had checked with the title agent and it was refunded. Finally today we were tired of waiting for the deposit so I directly emailed the title agent to double check again for our refund. She told me that Disney had waived on the contract. I then talked to the agent who confirmed.

Now that is one crazy mess of paperwork...but all's well that ends well! :banana::banana::banana::banana:

Last edited:

ABE4DISNEY---$120-$21032-160-SSR-Feb-0/20, 0/21, 320/22, 160/23- sent 8/4/21, taken 8/25, not taken 9/10

I was informed by my broker and the admin in the company that this contract had been ROFR'd on 8/25. Then on 9/2, I received an email from the admin that I had passed ROFR. I responded to the email with a "Head's up--you sent this to the wrong person as I was ROFR'd on 8/25." No response back so I assumed it was just a mistake.

However, during this time we were still waiting on our deposit to be returned. I even wrote the admin last week to ask again if she could check on our deposit. She sent back that she had checked with the title agent and it was refunded. Finally today we were tired of waiting for the deposit so I directly emailed the title agent to double check again for our refund. She told me that Disney had waived on the contract. I then talked to the agent who confirmed.

Now that is one crazy mess of paperwork...but all's well that ends well! :banana::banana::banana::banana:
That is a ridiculous uncoordinated mess. But, CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Because some of you asked
ROFR DAY 70 (or 37) final thoughts:
I actually thought I would cry when I got the decision, I didn’t. I was over the moon happy! I texted my brother first cause, really he talked me into BLT. You see, our Dad died on May 1st. Dad was the original Disnerd in our family and he instilled that Disney love in all of us. When we all decided to use a portion of what Dad gave us for DVC, well BLT was on the top of my brother’s list. Direct, he couldn’t do it but I devised a plan to combine direct and resale points and with that plan I set out to get an 11 month window for our family.
It was a LONG wait, and trust me, the whole family was invested in the outcome. It was worth it to get the excited and congratulatory text from my brother today. Trust me guys, he’s already thinking of ways to spend my points. 😂
I would definitely buy resale again. I made a ton of friends here who gave me hope and encouragement. It’s worth it to note that if I do another resale in the future, I know how long I can be “kinda patient” for 🤷🏻‍♀️
I cannot love this post enough.

Wow that is amazing! Thankfully you hadn’t pulled the trigger on something else. I plan to just go direct if I don’t pass and I would kick myself so hard if they came back and decided not to take it

Status
Not open for further replies.

facebook twitter