ROFR Thread January to March 2019 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wow love this deal all the best hope you get it! We need to keep trying for sure they cannot buy them all who would pay dues at $225 a point I doubt they are flying out the door...

Thanks so much!!! We actually made a higher offer, which was accepted. Then we got a call from the agent about 15 minutes or so later that they listed it incorrectly. It was showing that all points were available for 2019, but that was a mistake. So we reduced our offer. I felt better going in at the higher price, but I wasn’t going to pay that much over asking without this year’s points available to us. Not that we need them for this year anyway, but it would have been nice to have them.

Wow love this deal all the best hope you get it! We need to keep trying for sure they cannot buy them all who would pay dues at $225 a point I doubt they are flying out the door...
Remember, they have wait lists of people wanting to buy direct so the decision is likely based on that since they don't want to hold excess points on the books. As long as there's a wait list they can use to immediately flip the contracts, they certainly can and will buy them all!

crvetter---$208-$16766-75-VGC-Dec-0/17, 75/18, 75/19, 75/20-2018 Pts Banked 2017- sent 1/25, passed 2/28

Got the news minutes ago, so my updated string is above. Glad this one went through after the BCV contract we submitted was taken. Not super cheap but I really wanted DVC at DLR as much as a guarantee as possible, so that came at a cost. Plus didn't want nor need a large contract. Also didn't care much about the Use Year since these are exclusively going to be used for VGC.

crvetter---$208-$16766-75-VGC-Dec-0/17, 75/18, 75/19, 75/20-2018 Pts Banked 2017- sent 1/25, passed 2/28

Got the news minutes ago, so my updated string is above. Glad this one went through after the BCV contract we submitted was taken. Not super cheap but I really wanted DVC at DLR as much as a guarantee as possible, so that came at a cost. Plus didn't want nor need a large contract. Also didn't care much about the Use Year since these are exclusively going to be used for VGC.

Just checked my email as well, and I passed!! These are my first points! :)

MissLiss279---$117-$6626-50-SSR-Dec-0/18, 50/19, 50/20- sent 1/29, passed 2/28

Remember, they have wait lists of people wanting to buy direct so the decision is likely based on that since they don't want to hold excess points on the books. As long as there's a wait list they can use to immediately flip the contracts, they certainly can and will buy them all!

I have a difficult time believing they have lists of folks waiting to pay up to $225 per point for DVC. I think they expect more sales maybe due to the changes in limitations for resale. However if you have already purchased direct points it is a moot point you do not loose the benefits on your direct points.

Then why are they taking so many stripped contracts? Do they have points they can "add" kinda OTU to stripped contracts?

I have a difficult time believing they have lists of folks waiting to pay up to $225 per point for DVC. I think they expect more sales maybe due to the changes in limitations for resale. However if you have already purchased direct points it is a moot point you do not loose the benefits on your direct points.
It's all to drive sales of the new resorts. It'd be hard to sell Riviera for $188 if you could buy BCV for $100 (just as an example)

I am back now from my Disney trip. I am happy I at least received the bad news while I was in Disney! I notified you guys last week that mine was taken but here is the official thread so it can get updated. I listed my screen name wrong when I originally posted it, but this one is mine.

jpd0248---$113-$14110-120-AKV-Oct-0/17, 0/18, 0/19, 120/20- sent 1/17, taken 2/21

I am back now from my Disney trip. I am happy I at least received the bad news while I was in Disney! I notified you guys last week that mine was taken but here is the official thread so it can get updated. I listed my screen name wrong when I originally posted it, but this one is mine.

jpd0248---$113-$14110-120-AKV-Oct-0/17, 0/18, 0/19, 120/20- sent 1/17, taken 2/21

Oh bummer! We just submitted our 120 point AKV contract with banked 2018 points. Good luck on your next one! Hope somehow we squeak through ROFR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts