ROFR Thread January - March 2017 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I give it 3 months until you inform us of your first add-on. lol. It's inevitable.

Same UY I hope! We have 2 BCV contracts as well.
Yup same march UY. Thats why im worried this gets taken, not too easy to find a small 100 point march BCV contract. I thought by paying a premium ($112 )on a loaded contract I might slip through. Hopefully tomorrow brings good news.

We gave a full price offer on a mostly stripped contract with no points for almost a year. If this gets taken then I'm not sure what to do differently.
I bid full price on an overpriced contract however with a fair amount of points, (after loosing two) just to try to ensure getting through ROFR. It did.

Since recent discussions were discussing about offer and listing prices, I just wonder if anyone ever successfully purchased a contract 10 - 15 % below asking price on current market. Anyone would like to share experiences or opinions? TIA!

I offered what I felt comfortable with paying. List price was $88 per point with full 2017 and forward points available. My offer was on a small aluani contract and closing fees are much higher. I don't necessarily think small is better for Aulani even subsidized because the higher closing fees spread over such a small amount of points. I was willing to pay more for a larger contract. I figured that on 50 points closing adds $22/point. I was saving for a bigger subsidized Aluani contract or CcV direct but saw this on Fidelity and offered $80 with buyer paying closing costs, $195 broker fee and 2017 mf's. Figured if it didn't work out I'd stick to my savings goal and hold off for a larger add on. Bonnie from Fidelity called me within a few minutes of placing a bid to confirm and then called back to say seller accepted. It was signed around and sumbitted for rofr the following day. Today timeshare title got to work and said the closing will be in 30-60 days.

I think that if someone has a contract priced much higher than others it may be due to a loan and not wanting to come to closing with cash. I also factor in the commission the seller is paying. Some brokers charge higher commission and it can really add up making seller not as willing to take lower offers. Those brokers are reputable and so buyers are willing to pay more but some reputable brokers only charge 5% commission. Fidelity is 5% and they prefer to list at a realistic price so the contracts don't sit around. The small point contracts typically sell for much more except for Aulani but that is just my opinion and I may be wrong.

Last edited:
I give it 3 months until you inform us of your first add-on. lol. It's inevitable.

Same UY I hope! We have 2 BCV contracts as well.

I know! The only thing holding me back is that husband is very anti timeshare. Small contracts like this cost about the same as what he'd spend on hotel so he's ok as long as I stay within travel budget. I keep saying that I'm going to forgo vacations for a while and save up enough cash for a bigger purchase but then some great travel deal comes along to mess up my savings goals.

well, we're two weeks today. Starting to worry that this one will be taken. The only saving grace is that it seems no one is hearing anything the last few days. Hoping tomorrow is the day!! At least we closed on the 222 point BCV contract, this time next week we should have a dvc account!!
I have a good feeling that you will pass too. I think mine was submitted same day? 3/15. For reference I got an email from broker that mine was submitted in the morning. So perhaps if your contract was later in the day it could mean that it's deeper in the pile. When you look at all those contracts listed as pending on all the brokers sites it may be that there's just a ton to process right now. I would think that it could easily be tomorrow. When I purchased my AKV contract it was a full 30 days and then 60 more for estoppel.

Yup same march UY. Thats why im worried this gets taken, not too easy to find a small 100 point march BCV contract. I thought by paying a premium ($112 )on a loaded contract I might slip through. Hopefully tomorrow brings good news.

It'll most likely pass. That's way above what they usually buy back. (I say "usually" to give myself an out. ;) ) Worst case, maybe you can buy a small amount direct to get the perks. It's more expensive, and not necessarily worth it, but then again this is all a luxury purchase anyway, right?

I know! The only thing holding me back is that husband is very anti timeshare. Small contracts like this cost about the same as what he'd spend on hotel so he's ok as long as I stay within travel budget. I keep saying that I'm going to forgo vacations for a while and save up enough cash for a bigger purchase but then some great travel deal comes along to mess up my savings goals.

I am anti-timeshare as well, but despite the typical corporate greed, there are very distinct differences between DVC and other timeshares. The main difference is that it holds it's value so well. It'd be a pretty cold day in hell before DVD lets the product deteriorate too badly, especially selling new properties at such a premium. Once you all actually take a trip on the points, he'll change his mind and get some mild to moderate addonitis just like everyone else.

I offered what I felt comfortable with paying. List price was $88 per point with full 2017 and forward points available. My offer was on a small aluani contract and closing fees are much higher. I don't necessarily think small is better for Aulani even subsidized because the higher closing fees spread over such a small amount of points. I was willing to pay more for a larger contract. I figured that on 50 points closing adds $22/point. I was saving for a bigger subsidized Aluani contract or CcV direct but saw this on Fidelity and offered $80 with buyer paying closing costs, $195 broker fee and 2017 mf's. Figured if it didn't work out I'd stick to my savings goal and hold off for a larger add on. Bonnie from Fidelity called me within a few minutes of placing a bid to confirm and then called back to say seller accepted. It was signed around and sumbitted for rofr the following day. Today timeshare title got to work and said the closing will be in 30-60 days.

I think that if someone has a contract priced much higher than others it may be due to a loan and not wanting to come to closing with cash. I also factor in the commission the seller is paying. Some brokers charge higher commission and it can really add up making seller not as willing to take lower offers. Those brokers are reputable and so buyers are willing to pay more but some reputable brokers only charge 5% commission. Fidelity is 5% and they prefer to list at a realistic price so the contracts don't sit around. The small point contracts typically sell for much more except for Aulani but that is just my opinion and I may be wrong.
Also foreign sellers have extra fees they need to cover

So am I. But I bought resale and historically, unlike 99.9% of timeshares it should appreciate. Additionally no other timeshare rents like DVC- I put points up for rental, the bulk were gone in 1 hour, all gone in 22 with the money in my account. No other timeshare I have seen performs like this.

Since recent discussions were discussing about offer and listing prices, I just wonder if anyone ever successfully purchased a contract 10 - 15 % below asking price on current market. Anyone would like to share experiences or opinions? TIA!

I had offered on a small AKV contract that was listed at $90 last week. I offered $85 but with seller paying closing costs. So it came out to about $78 if I paid closing. They countered with $85 and I pay closing. I decided to pass, then last night got a call the seller had reconsidered and would take my offer. So that was 13% off asking, but in reality was about in line with other contracts I saw go through on here.

My BLT contract was listed at $110, I offered $105 and they countered at $106 within an hour or two; we'll bank the 2017 points into 2018 and take 2 trips.

Jeffcg - $112 -$20384 -182 -BLT -APR 0/16, 130/17, 182/18. Sent 3/19 passed 3/31 1st time dvc owners.

Ooo a pass today! congrats!

Yours was sent the same time as mine so now I'm getting antsy!!! Did you just learn this late in the day?

So am I. But I bought resale and historically, unlike 99.9% of timeshares it should appreciate. Additionally no other timeshare rents like DVC- I put points up for rental, the bulk were gone in 1 hour, all gone in 22 with the money in my account. No other timeshare I have seen performs like this.
Can I ask what rental coming you went with?

suncouch---$112-$18742-160-BLT-Feb-0/16, 42/17, 160/18- sent 3/17, passed 3/31

Heard back this afternoon! I have been watching the listings in the past two weeks as we've been waiting- Has anyone noticed that it seems that there are significantly fewer contracts for sale and at much higher prices than last month? I'm really relieved we don't have to start over with trying to find a new contract.

Good luck to all who are still waiting!

Last edited:
cadexrider---$112-$12328-100-BCV-Mar-0/16, 197/17, 100/18, 100/19- sent 3/16
About to close on a 222 point beach club purchase and this 100 point contract showed up. A little pricey but has alot of points available, couldnt resist lol.

Well today was the day, at 12:30 we found out that Disney passed on this one, when the dust settles and this contract closes we will have 322 March UY Beach Club points, cant wait to start planning our late fall trip. Hopefully at BCV before the 7 month window opens.

Yes, ask was $14500. I offered $12500., accepted and passed ROFR

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter