ROFR Thread Jan to March 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m still waiting on ROFR but I got a 150, double points this year/completely loaded for $87pp
That's a great deal! I am feeling bad about my loaded 150pt that I am the process on for $105 pt. The thought of walking away and eating the escrow and commission has crossed my mind but not enough $$ left after to go through this process again!

Is fidelity pretty quick about notifying you when you pass rofr or does it take them a few days to send an email?

Seeking advice from this community: my Fidelity Real Estate (Fidelity) agent is ghosting me after making a couple of mistakes that has delayed the ROFR and closing process for at least 3 weeks.

What happened:
  • After getting my offer accepted, my agent used Mason Title, which wasted over a week because Mason Title cannot close Aulani transactions
  • After a couple weeks, the First American Title Company (FATC) contacted me and told me that they cannot start anything until they receive the "initial deposit" - which I paid via Fidelity to Mason in the initial paperwork
  • I hear nothing from my Fidelity agent or coordinator for days (despite my agent being copied on the email noting that FATC hasn't received initial deposit), so I contact my agent - who finally tells me that they've been trying to get Mason to transfer the initial deposit funds to FATC directly
  • We're currently in some blackhole holding pattern b/c my agent doesn't know what to do, and I have no idea how long this delay will continue.
  • Both Fidelity and FATC have been slow to respond and I'm losing patience with both, and getting frustrated with this whole transaction.
I wished Fidelity would've notified me as soon as we switched from Mason to FATC and talked through options (e.g., how do I want to pay the initial deposit to FATC and separately get a refund from Mason)

Anyone have any advice on what I can do to expedite the closing of this transaction? Is there a way to escalate to "management" with either Fidelity or FATC?
Update:

My agent finally got back to me and has allowed me to pay the "initial deposit" to FATC, and she'll follow up with Mason to get my refund from the original "initial deposit." So this means there is at least some movement forward with this transaction.

This has been a poor experience at best. I believe Fidelity charges a $225 service fee and I may ask them to waive this, but are there any other things that I can negotiate?

Update:

My agent finally got back to me and has allowed me to pay the "initial deposit" to FATC, and she'll follow up with Mason to get my refund from the original "initial deposit." So this means there is at least some movement forward with this transaction.

This has been a poor experience at best. I believe Fidelity charges a $225 service fee and I may ask them to waive this, but are there any other things that I can negotiate?
Sorry all this is happening. You should definitely demand that they waive the admin fee, especially after the poor communication and lack of resolution for several weeks. I’d also want to get clarification on how the closing date will be impacted because of this delay before proceeding and review your contract and paperwork about backing out of the transaction with a full refund if changes/closing date updates are not to your liking.

Should I jump on this contract or pass and keep looking?
SSR, 65 points, $90pp. 0 points for 2023, 65 points starting Oct 2024.

Should I jump on this contract or pass and keep looking?
SSR, 65 points, $90pp. 0 points for 2023, 65 points starting Oct 2024.
A loaded contract would come with at least 2 years more of points. If you find a loaded contract you normally only have to pay 2023 dues and then the 2022 points come for free.
If it’s perfect point amount and in your UY then it could be worth it as you should get a credit for them using the 2023 points.

Renting 2022 points at $15-20 would mean you are really paying $105-$110pp for this one.

I was reading back a few pages and saw some amazing low offers - I'll need to stop b/c then I'll be punishing myself haha

If everything goes according to plan, I'll be buying another contract next year - so we'll see if the low $$ trend stays.

jrdeal - $104 -$16640-160-AKV-June-0/22, 0/23, 160/24- sent 3/24

I was happy with this because we have our 23 trip already planned. I was really happy with the price and see that some have gotten AKV even better, but perfect first contract for us. Just waiting for ROFR

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter