ROFR Thread Jan to March 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
The dues at OKW since 1998 ($6.72) have gone up over 39% ($9.36) in 5 years. It's astonishing. If they continue to rise at an average of 5% as they have since the beginning in 1992 the 2042 dues will be close to $25 a point.😯
I assume 1998 was a typo and you are referring to 2018.

OKW dues have gone up an average of 4.1% year over year since their first dues. The resort with the highest rate of increase for dues is the Grand Californian @ 5.1%. Removing Copper Creek and Riviera (1.3% and 0.6% respectively) due to their newness, the resort with the lowest rate of increase for dues is Boardwalk Villas @ 3.0%.

I was surprised at how low the dues increase was this past year. In light of general inflation in the US, we repaying less this year than last.

After seeing several contracts sent on 1/18 pass ROFR today, I'm really hoping I will see a notification tomorrow on mine, which I'm all but certain was sent on 1/19 (closed late in the day on 1/18)🤞

Petty thoughts passed through my head reading about the agent. I would be tempted to pull a "Well, what do you know, a $125pp did pass." Have you looked to see if that contract was picked up by someone else yet?
I had the same petty thoughts! It's still for sale, but "price reduced!" haha. The one where the counter offer was for more than the original asking is also for sale. I think these buyers fall into the category of those who are either 1) not in a rush to sell or 2) have unrealistic expectations about the market. Probably the latter. I love BCV, but I can't see how some think they are going to get $175 a point for a 150 BCV contract.

Aulani subsidized dues up on https://www.fidelityrealestate.com/brand/disney-vacation-club/ right now. I feel like a few pages ago someone was looking for one. Doesn't seem to be a bad price.

I had offered $100 pp (paying dues, cc & fidelity admin). Was informed today that the seller rejected my offer and took a full price offer.

Board sponsor had broker opinion of price at $112 and instant sale at $90.

Sold for more in under 24 hours!

I have to imagine this is the only segment of the DVC market that has barely budged. Anyone else see a June or December, let me know!

I had offered $100 pp (paying dues, cc & fidelity admin). Was informed today that the seller rejected my offer and took a full price offer.

I have to imagine this is the only segment of the DVC market that has barely budged. Anyone else see a June or December, let me know!

I’m actually thinking about selling my subsidized Aulani trying to get top dollar and then purchase a contract in the 80-90s. Doesn’t make sense to pay these high prices on subs when we’re seeing downward pressure on price.

I paid $125pp a year ago so it’s definitely budged. For most of the times, finding that right sized subsidized contract with a matching UY is a rare unicorn, hence why it commands a higher price.
I’m actually thinking about selling my subsidized Aulani trying to get top dollar and then purchase a contract in the 80-90s. Doesn’t make sense to pay these high prices on subs when we’re seeing downward pressure on price.
you consider $112pp for Aulani subsidized high?

I thought $80 for OKW might be an offer too low a few months back, but now the motivated sellers are really moving.

1675930158993.png

I’m going to cave and have to buy something if these prices keep falling. I really want a smaller BCV or BWV contract but don’t want to pay a ton for a 2042. Some of these prices lately make me want to jump in now but my hands are still temporarily tied :/.

I paid $125pp a year ago so it’s definitely budged. For most of the times, finding that right sized subsidized contract with a matching UY is a rare unicorn, hence why it commands a higher price.

you consider $112pp for Aulani subsidized high?

No not at all. But if sold with the right Broker I’m of the belief you can fetch a higher price.

The dues at OKW since 1998 ($6.72) have gone up over 39% ($9.36) in 5 years. It's astonishing. If they continue to rise at an average of 5% as they have since the beginning in 1992 the 2042 dues will be close to $25 a point.😯
Expect them to go higher yet. Labor costs have risen and the unions for WDW just rejected a $1.00 per year raise each year for the next 5 years. The union wants $3.00 and then $1.00 per year for the each of the remaining years of the contact. Which in my opinion is not out of line.

Maybe ROFR will be gone for a while. Disney just reported earnings announcing a significant reorganization and 7,000 job cuts. Iger looking to reduce balance sheet significantly by the end of 2024 by "taking a hard look at all costs."
Hope the parks don't suffer too much. Can not kill the golden goose.
ROFR for DVC will not to be a top priority at this time especially if they are looking improve the balance sheet. They will focus more on selling what they have. I expect them to increase the incentives for RIV in a push to get it fully sold asap. I can't see them buying back anything in 2023 unless they get a "waiting list" for direct sold out properties and then they will only ROFR back what they can sell immediately.

I’m going to cave and have to buy something if these prices keep falling. I really want a smaller BCV or BWV contract but don’t want to pay a ton for a 2042. Some of these prices lately make me want to jump in now but my hands are still temporarily tied :/.
I’ve been looking for a small BCV contract for months now with no joy. A rare beast indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter