ROFR Thread Jan to March 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still out there making offers and you all--- some of these brokers are downright borderline rude. All they have to say is either- I'll present your offer or no way in he** that's getting through ;). I'm at the point of "you never know, so why not ask."
I did not run into that problem. It was clear that they thought I was wrong on my assessment of prices. I told them I could wait until these sales I am hearing about were available on the government site to confirm them.

That lead to spin about how that site will not tell me how loaded or stripped the contract was.

I did not run into that problem. It was clear that they thought I was wrong on my assessment of prices. I told them I could wait until these sales I am hearing about were available on the government site to confirm them.

That lead to spin about how that site will not tell me how loaded or stripped the contract was.
I'm running into similar issues - like i get that my offer is low compared with what is listed - but you listing it high is not going to make me buy it high. I can follow disboards and see what is going into ROFR - no way i pay 25/point higher than that.

I will say, some brokers have been more than understanding, but others, you can hear the judgement from miles away.

I'm running into similar issues - like i get that my offer is low compared with what is listed - but you listing it high is not going to make me buy it high. I can follow disboards and see what is going into ROFR - no way i pay 25/point higher than that.

I will say, some brokers have been more than understanding, but others, you can hear the judgement from miles away.
Exactly! It's one I said I would never make an offer through again and low and behold I did. Just to get a snarky response. The only way I would take the contract is if there was no negotiation and they agreed to offer as is. Even then I might be hesitating. Oh well...I'm not even desperate for a contract, would just grab one if the price is right.

I got the sense that brokers of BLT resales are much more invested in the value of the resort. At least compared to SSR brokers.

I would agree with them that there is a premium, but that premium is not that BLT prices are immune from a market downturn.

I'm still out there making offers and you all--- some of these brokers are downright borderline rude. All they have to say is either- I'll present your offer or no way in he** that's getting through ;). I'm at the point of "you never know, so why not ask."
I find certain agents don’t even respond to my offers. Guess they just ignore them even when reasonable.

Exactly! It's one I said I would never make an offer through again and low and behold I did. Just to get a snarky response. The only way I would take the contract is if there was no negotiation and they agreed to offer as is. Even then I might be hesitating. Oh well...I'm not even desperate for a contract, would just grab one if the price is right.
You are basically speaking my experience over the last several weeks. I've been at this for a bit so I know who my favorite brokers are who prefer to get deals done vs. acting like a sellers agent. Personally, I have never had a good experience with the board sponsor (as a buyer). They haven't been rude (like another broker I've run into) but I do find their sellers have higher price expectations and are more willing to wait for higher prices. As a seller they were great!

You are basically speaking my experience over the last several weeks. I've been at this for a bit so I know who my favorite brokers are who prefer to get deals done vs. acting like a sellers agent. Personally, I have never had a good experience with the board sponsor (as a buyer). They haven't been rude (like another broker I've run into) but I do find their sellers have higher price expectations and are more willing to wait for higher prices. As a seller they were great!
The broker I agreed to a contract did that. The extra money was insignificant and I wanted the contract so I agreed.

That’s fair. Except I asked to be included or to the the one to receive the emails lol
I check mine frequently. He is only able to check once a day. Just hit me as rude when I had asked repeatedly to be included. Didn’t seem to be an inconvenient request to be making.
It is rude, I agree. We are buying from the board sponsor and they copy us both into all emails.

JenniLuvsDisneyWorld---$140-$11866-75-CCV@WL-Dec-0/21, 75/22, 75/23, 75/24-Seller pays MF ‘22- sent 12/31

Just heard today this was not allowed to go through due to “legal issues”

I’ve been wondering about this offer. That just stinks. If it makes you feel better they had no problem taking back my two contracts at $150. Good luck on the next one!

One of the agents emailed me an said the offer was too low and they wouldn't even presented to the owner. They invited me to contact them so I could put in a reasonable offer.
They responded back in ALL CAPS with some of the words. I'm like......okay.....didn't mean to offend. Maybe she's just having a bad day, no clue.
All of these have a simple response. "I understand. If the seller changes their mind, I might still be interested."

And as Michael Corleone reminds us:
1675461679541.png

Glass enclosures are definitely nicer, but families with young children need the curtains.
We have a young one, don't need curtains. Prefer the glass. It's much gooder.

Also, do we realize that every time there is a refurb on a resort, that translates to our annual dues rising? Someone bears the cost.

jakecaputo---$175-$4992-25-PVB-Feb-0/22, 16/23, 25/24, 25/25- sent 1/17
jakecaputo---$149-$7972-50-PVB-Feb-0/22, 25/23, 50/24, 50/25- sent 1/31

First contracts! We saw the 25 go up for sale and thought we'd grab that and then just get another 25 direct to get us to the 50 total that we wanted. Then two weeks later the 50 point contract in the same use year popped up at 149 a point, figured we could get another 50 for slightly more than the planned 25 direct, pulled the trigger!

njcoach24---$137.5-$6500-40-VGF-Mar-0/22, 40/23, 40/24, 40/25- sent 2/3

Fingers crossed! So excited to hopefully add on to the POLY contract I snagged at the start of the pandemic.
Awesome price that's looking better than when I bought VGF at $145/point back in 2016. Glad I was able to sell that contract at $165/point this past fall.

Congratulations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter