ROFR Thread April to June 2024 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they are using the formula utilized by DVCROFR, but if people start posting “normalized” pricing based on various websites or internal models then it makes it really difficult to track for people who are just popping in and out and not reading through every page or understanding the factors that go into the “normalization” and how it would impact their specific situation.
I think putting it all in ONE post helps clear confusion and also is great way for people to see how they can potentially bring costs down. Best of both.

People should not post their hypothetical “tax free rental adjusted prices” in the ROFR thread. Just stick with the standardized format.

I understand that it helps to normalize stripped vs full vs loaded contracts…. but this thread is too popular with noobies.
I think it’s fine as long as the context for it is in the post.

I think putting it all in ONE post helps clear confusion and also is great way for people to see how they can potentially bring costs down. Best of both.
There are lots of threads where those types of discussions can and should be had, but the ROFR thread has a very specific and standardized format that everyone follows so that it’s easy to compare contracts when making an offer.

There are lots of threads where those types of discussions can and should be had, but the ROFR thread has a very specific and standardized format that everyone follows so that it’s easy to compare contracts when making an offer.
Yeah would be nice if this was strictly data string and the “not ROFR, ROFR” thread picked up popularity for conversation

This is true but we also allow discussions beyond just posting as long as it’s relevant.

While I do see what you are saying, I think it’s also okay to share whatever info was used by someone when they considered purchasing and how they view the end results..especially since the main purpose of the thread is simply to share with others what has been bought.

I have a question about ROFR reports put out by brokers - those stats only cover whatever sales went through their business, correct?

Is there a way to search for or capture ROFRs more comprehensively?

They only post based on their own sales. There is no way to know what other businesses have happen if they don’t publicize it.

I think they are using the formula utilized by DVCROFR, but if people start posting “normalized” pricing based on various websites or internal models then it makes it really difficult to track for people who are just popping in and out and not reading through every page or understanding the factors that go into the “normalization” and how it would impact their specific situation.
I think it’s fine as long as the context for it is in the post.

Seems to me the general rule for this thread is post what you agreed to pay for the contract. If you take actions later that recoup some of that cost, that's great but not necessarily the point of this thread.

But how long until a resale site that also runs a rental business starts formally offering packaged resale purchases with a commitment to rent as a way to lower upfront costs? For example, take $15/pt off purchase costs for some quantity of points. Maybe this is already happening and I'm not paying attention.

It would effectively be a loan to the buyer paid off with renting and would have logistical challenges, but it would lower the amount that the buyer agreed to pay.

Maybe the best way to think about what this thread is, longterm, is the sum of what the seller receives (plus their fee to the broker) plus closing costs and any buyer fees (exclusive of financing fees).

But how long until a resale site that also runs a rental business starts formally offering packaged resale purchases with a commitment to rent as a way to lower upfront costs? For example, take $15/pt off purchase costs for some quantity of points. Maybe this is already happening and I'm not paying attention
I have a suspicion that at least one broker is buying, stripping to rent, reselling when they have a client who will sell a loaded contract cheap. Which is kinda similar.

I have a suspicion that at least one broker is buying, stripping to rent, reselling when they have a client who will sell a loaded contract cheap. Which is kinda similar.
I think that's a little different, though? Because the broker does own it at one point and is free to do what they want. Then the buyer buys it from the broker.

I thought of a better, more concise way to express the intent of what to post in this thread: the amount being submitted to Disney as part of their right of first refusal process. It bypasses all the who/when challenges of hypothetical packeged renting at the cost of being way more self-referential to the subject of the thread 😂

I think that's a little different, though? Because the broker does own it at one point and is free to do what they want. Then the buyer buys it from the broker.

I thought of a better, more concise way to express the intent of what to post in this thread: the amount being submitted to Disney as part of their right of first refusal process. It bypasses all the who/when challenges of hypothetical packeged renting at the cost of being way more self-referential to the subject of the thread 😂
I think we should all use CastAStone’s proprietary Definitive Valuation of Contract Adjusted For Things Everyone Regards Having Objective Utility Relative to Saleprice formula, or DVC AFTER HOURS® for short.

You tell it your contract details and what you paid and if the DVC AFTER HOURS algorithm sees it’s the one single best deal of the year it gives you a gold star, because there can only be one winner of the resale DVCs.

Otherwise it puts its arm around your shoulder, says “well son, at least you tried”, and buys you a pint.

Thoughts?

I think we should all use CastAStone’s proprietary Definitive Valuation of Contract Adjusted For Things Everyone Regards Having Objective Utility Relative to Saleprice formula, or DVC AFTER HOURS® for short.

You tell it your contract details and what you paid and if the DVC AFTER HOURS algorithm sees it’s the one single best deal of the year it gives you a gold star, because there can only be one winner of the resale DVCs.

Otherwise it puts its arm around your shoulder, says “well son, at least you tried”, and buys you a pint.

Thoughts?
I love a good acronym!

Blerghityblergh---$94-$11191-100-AKV-Dec-0/22, 24/23, 200/24, 100/25- sent 6/14

I am beginning to feel highly financially irresponsible with this being our third contract in 9 months. Might have to stop hanging around here.
At $94/pt for a loaded AKV, it’s practically a treasury bond with a higher coupon—it might even hold its value better.**

**NOT investment advice even if it’s possibly correct. 😋

At $94/pt for a loaded AKV, it’s practically a treasury bond with a higher coupon—it might even hold its value better.**

**NOT investment advice even if it’s possibly correct. 😋
Blerghityblergh---$94-$11191-100-AKV-Dec-0/22, 24/23, 200/24, 100/25- sent 6/14

I am beginning to feel highly financially irresponsible with this being our third contract in 9 months. Might have to stop hanging around here.
What I have learned from this thread is to invest in DVC multiple times a year. Thank you all for your financial advice to a new DVC owner.🤑

Status
Not open for further replies.

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest