ROFR Thread April to June 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
For anyone interested in the next steps after ROFR, my timeline has been longer than others. I bought through the board sponsor and they are using Magic Vacation Title. Since there are no 2023 points left, and I am trying not to borrow points, I wasn’t in a hurry to close. But, yeesh, I am glad I am not in a hurry!

Sleighbelle---$135-$34839-250-PVB-Jun-0/21, 0/22, 0/23, 250/24- sent 4/25, passed 5/16—closing docs received 6/14–returned 6/16
I didn't really push hard for another title company but I did ask. The board sponsor was very adamant. We are traveling August 2024 so speed is not a huge deal. Every paycheck I get before closing gets me closer to borrowing less from my emergency fund!

However, if I took a month to produce a template document I would be fired. It's a paid service. The title company isn't relying on volunteers. I wonder if they put board sponsor contracts in the bottom of the pile because they make less on those deals? Or do the brokers salespeople make more and gave no incentive to follow up?

We passed ROFR on June 6th. My closing company actually informed me that I passed ROFFR before my agent did (by a day). The closing company said they should have everything back by end of week or early the following. Then they followed up and said they were told the seller is on vacation until 6/19 so they haven't been able to get the document notarized. They set a follow-up with them for tomorrow.

Is there any action I can take if I don't have dates soon? Now that they have returned, there are e-notary services and mobile notary services so I can't imagine any more hold-ups.

Also interesting is that while one of the sellers is on vacation, they let 315 points expire on their DVC contract...

Cammy is not with Mason Title anymore, she is with www.dvcclosings.com, now.
that is why i put-------------with Cammie. and added "but hopefully everything goes great."

I follow this thread and a couple of others regarding the resale process and didn't request a closing company but was hoping the process would be relatively smooth.

sorry about spelling Cammy's name wrong though :)

After going to Disney for 20+ years and renting points the last few trips we've finally decided to take the plunge. 190 points at OKW and we went to ROFR today. Fingers crossed everything goes smoothly.
Congrats. Don't forget to update the thread with your data. Go here:

"https://rofr.scubacat.net

Just plug in all of the relevant data and post the resulting string in its entirety."

So excited for everyone getting the news that they passed!

Somehow my contract at $25-30 more than the other CCV contracts that have passed recently is still waiting after 34 days (sent 5/16). Tomorrow the agent will call DVC and see if there is any update. My last contract in 2018 passed in less time and I was actually worried that one would be taken. Fingers crossed the closing goes faster than ROFR! Not really upset or in a hurry, but looking forward to those little bits of joy as things move forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

facebook twitter