ROFR Thread April to June 2022 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone noticed, lost in all the side discussions, that notifications have ground almost to a halt over the second half of the week? I mean, what have there been, 4 or 5 notification posts in the thread since Tuesday? Neither passed nor taken.
Disney is holding off ROFR decisions currently because @pangyal isn't available right now to update the thread. ;)

Has anyone noticed, lost in all the side discussions, that notifications have ground almost to a halt over the second half of the week? I mean, what have there been, 4 or 5 notification posts in the thread since Tuesday? Neither passed nor taken.
I’ve noticed! Mostly since I’m waiting to hear back on mine :rolleyes2

I was told by some in the know that DVD wants the process to be inconsistent. It is all guided by their own goals, but the element of uncertainty is definitely on the list.
I'm curious if they let more offers pass that are from first time owners in order to draw fresh blood into the Disney bubble? Does that make any sense?

I'm curious if they let more offers pass that are from first time owners in order to draw fresh blood into the Disney bubble? Does that make any sense?
I’ve read a few posts from users in the forum that they had multiple contacts eaten by the ROFR monster before being able to get their first through the process. Sadly seems like it’s somewhat profit driven and somewhat random.

Doubt it. I don’t own yet and we’ve had 3 contracts ROFR’d since end of Feb. We’re 14 days into our 4th wait, but this one is an international seller so I’m a little more hopeful!

Doubt it. I don’t own yet and we’ve had 3 contracts ROFR’d since end of Feb. We’re 14 days into our 4th wait, but this one is an international seller so I’m a little more hopeful!
Yeah so that basically shoots down my theory! Someone mentioned something about the specifics units may play a role. If not, then I guess there's no explanation left but unpredictability for the sake of unpredictability and the drunken monkey of chaos theory.

Yeah so that basically shoots down my theory! Someone mentioned something about the specifics units may play a role. If not, then I guess there's no explanation left but unpredictability for the sake of unpredictability and the drunken monkey of chaos theory.

Pretty much sums it up! That’s why those who have the patience and stamina to deal with resale and trying to get one through, deals can be had.

Good luck. Persistence will payoff one of these times.

Pretty much sums it up! That’s why those who have the patience and stamina to deal with resale and trying to get one through, deals can be had.
Makes me laugh and reminds me of the theme song from the HBO show the leftovers. The song was called let the mystery be! I think we all just need to let the ROFR mystery be! But it is difficult not to wonder and conjecture...

whochschild---$110-$17760-150-BRV@WL-Aug-0/21, 75/22, 150/23- sent 6/24

We closed on our VGF resale contract this week and addon-itis immediately hit!
Great deal. I’d love to snag a BRV 50 pt deal if I can find a good price with Dec use year. Think good time to get BRV with hopefully refurb soon. That and I have young family of 5 so studios that fit 5 aren’t as common

I was 3 for 3 on my first resale contract purchases and with short ROFR wait times (17 days, 16 days, then a little longer at 25 days). Tricked me into thinking it was easy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter