ROFR Thread April to June 2022 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my agent just informed me that the AKV owner has a reservation on another contract and Disney said it is attached to the one being sold. apparently they have been trying for several days to sort this out. What are my options? I dont want to wait around if they are just going to take it.

You do not have to accept things id they want to do a delayed closing. It sounds like they are trying to get the points switched around…if they are part of the same membership, it shouldn’t be too difficult as long as they have other points.

But, let them know whether you are willing to go beyond the actual closing date because if you are not, then let them know you will pull out if it doesn’t close on time.

I agree with this and wonder too if it has to do with the very attractive point charts for the standard and value rooms. I love AKV but we have only stayed there at 7 months in a Savannah view room which to me seemed worth switching from our home resort of BCV for that experience. But while bidding on our current AKV contract, I looked at the point chart for next spring break and was amazed at the point savings if we booked a standard view! It was even a point or two cheaper than the same dates at OKW and SSR. I could be okay with watching the animals from the viewing areas if I can extend our stay 2-3 night. And if we could get a value room on occasion and maybe still luck into a savannah view?!? It’s a no brainer. We love BLT and want to try VGF too but are scared away by the point charts sometimes, especially during spring break which is often when we need to travel.
FYI, over half the standard views at Jambo actually have a ‘partial’ savanna view, the rest are pool/pool+roof views. Kidani is a different story w/ only a handful of standards overlooking the small Pembe savanna.

FYI, over half the standard views at Jambo actually have a ‘partial’ savanna view, the rest are pool/pool+roof views. Kidani is a different story w/ only a handful of standards overlooking the small Pembe savanna.
Oh, this is great to know! Thank you! We prefer Jambo anyway for the beautiful lobby and proximity to restaurants, etc. I only really need a partial view of some animals now and then anyway. I always have big plans of sipping coffee on my balcony, but my Type A family will never let me! 😆

Alright team, I need some advice. I never thought I'd be saying this but those direct VGC points are really making a case for themselves. Here's the deal;

-100 points direct VGC on the table
-I can split them into two 50 pointers for minimal extra closing costs.
-My UY is June, so I would get 2021 points that I would be able to bank.
-If I were to rent out the 2021 and 2022 UY points for $22/pt that would bring the per point cost from $310 to approx $266pp. Not too shabby for a small VGC contract.
-We are a west coast family, home park is DL, may do WDW once or twice. The bulk of our points are resale VGC & AUL.
-We have blue card benefits from our direct Saratoga contract from back when the minimum buy in was 100 points but have rented them out in the past to offset annual dues.

Do we buy the direct 100 points and use them at the new Disneyland tower when it opens while also being able to use them at VGC? Or do we wait and buy points direct at the tower? We are a family of 5 and need a 1 or 2 bedroom most of the time. What if we don't love the new DL tower as much as VGC *gasp!*.

Clock is ticking on the direct offer...opinions welcome
Buy VGC. You only need one reason, which is that its VGC. DLT might be shiny and new, but it will never touch VGC in terms of value, quality, and location. You might have a chance in booking DLT at 7 months, but definitely almost zero chance the other way around.

Buy VGC. You only need one reason, which is that its VGC. DLT might be shiny and new, but it will never touch VGC in terms of value, quality, and location. You might have a chance in booking DLT at 7 months, but definitely almost zero chance the other way around.
I think this is an example of DVC members getting tunnel vision. Grand Cal is bookable with cash, and the hotel rooms are much nicer than the villas IMO. The purpose of DVC is to save money versus paying cash every year, but you're not going to save money versus paying cash every year at $300 per point.

Take your $30,000, stick it in an index fund, spin off $3,000 per year in growth, plus $750 in dues you don't have to pay, and spend the $3,750 every year on cash rooms. This will get you more nights than 100 points will.

I think this is an example of DVC members getting tunnel vision. Grand Cal is bookable with cash, and the hotel rooms are much nicer than the villas IMO. The purpose of DVC is to save money versus paying cash every year, but you're not going to save money versus paying cash every year at $300 per point.
There’s a thread around here somewhere that broke down the math at $400 per point for VGC and it still being a better financial move than paying cash. Rack rates (even when discounted) at VGC are astronomical.

chicagodisfan---$135-$23546-160-AKV-Mar-0/21, 160/22, 160/23-International Seller- sent 5/4, passed 5/25

We got the e-mail with our closing documents from Cammie at Mason Title before I even heard the news from our broker!

Many thanks to everyone on these boards for the tip on buying from an international seller! I am certain we would not have passed otherwise as this contract was a point cheaper than the one we just had taken last month. And a special thanks to @pks_domer for the heads up! (Second contract from the same international seller.)
Congrats, is it easy to spot international sellers?

Take your $30,000, stick it in an index fund, spin off $3,000 per year in growth, plus $750 in dues you don't have to pay, and spend the $3,750 every year on cash rooms. This will get you more nights than 100 points will.
have you stayed in a VGC 1BR? They are GLORIOUS. Rack rate would cost $1500-1800 a night as opposed to 31-50 points a night. At that rate, you would make up the initial cost in 15-20 nights worth of stay. Every night past that is almost for free minus the MFs.

5 nights in VGC studio in November is $5k. 100 points direct @$310 per =$15.42 x 100 points for the 5 night stay $1,542.

There’s a thread around here somewhere that broke down the math at $400 per point for VGC and it still being a better financial move than paying cash. Rack rates (even when discounted) at VGC are astronomical.
100 points gets you about 4 weeknights in the summer. That's about $2,800 after tax with a modest 25% discount.

That's a poor value.

Alright team, I need some advice. I never thought I'd be saying this but those direct VGC points are really making a case for themselves. Here's the deal;

-100 points direct VGC on the table
-I can split them into two 50 pointers for minimal extra closing costs.
-My UY is June, so I would get 2021 points that I would be able to bank.
-If I were to rent out the 2021 and 2022 UY points for $22/pt that would bring the per point cost from $310 to approx $266pp. Not too shabby for a small VGC contract.
-We are a west coast family, home park is DL, may do WDW once or twice. The bulk of our points are resale VGC & AUL.
-We have blue card benefits from our direct Saratoga contract from back when the minimum buy in was 100 points but have rented them out in the past to offset annual dues.

Do we buy the direct 100 points and use them at the new Disneyland tower when it opens while also being able to use them at VGC? Or do we wait and buy points direct at the tower? We are a family of 5 and need a 1 or 2 bedroom most of the time. What if we don't love the new DL tower as much as VGC *gasp!*.

Clock is ticking on the direct offer...opinions welcome
I don’t think you’d ever regret direct VGC points! 😍

350 Aulani subsidized contract Feb UY available on Fidelity for $129pp. Go!
I've already got 2 subsidized contracts in the pipeline for 450 total pts. Obtaining the second one took an oath to join DVC AA under threat of divorce from the DW. If only money did truly grow on Aulani Palm Trees!!

5 nights in VGC studio in November is $5k. 100 points direct @$310 per =$15.42 x 100 points for the 5 night stay $1,542.
There is so much wrong with this, I don't know where to begin.

1. 5 nights in a standard room in November (weekdays, and not Thanksgiving, because that's what you're getting with 100 points) is $3,989 rack rate, not $5,000.

2. Nobody pays rack rate, 25% discount is almost always available, so now we're at $2,992. $30 of cash price saved per point is middle-of-the-road at WDW overall, and bottom-of-the-barrel for Studios.

3. Standard hotel room wouldn't include a kitchenette, but it does include daily housekeeping, so we'll call that a wash.

4. Maintenance fees exist.

5. Time value of money exists. Invested funds spin off a return. Straight-line "purchase price per point per year" is not any kind of valid analysis.

You're comparing to the rack rate. Renting is not that expensive.

BTW, VGC doesn't seem impossible to book at 7 month especially for 1 br in Dec. Is it seasonal? I'd try to book at 7 month with SAP someday. I'm not yet an owner 😅

I don’t think you’d ever regret direct VGC points! 😍
I am sure VDH will be nice. The last time we went to the land, we stayed at the DLH and had serious FOMO every time we took the daily long walk to the park while having to watch the VGC royalty just get right into the park from their rooms!

There is so much wrong with this, I don't know where to begin.

1. 5 nights in a standard room in November (weekdays, and not Thanksgiving, because that's what you're getting with 100 points) is $3,989 rack rate, not $5,000.

2. Nobody pays rack rate, 25% discount is almost always available, so now we're at $2,992. $30 of cash price saved per point is middle-of-the-road at WDW overall, and bottom-of-the-barrel for Studios.

3. Standard hotel room wouldn't include a kitchenette, but it does include daily housekeeping, so we'll call that a wash.

4. Maintenance fees exist.

5. Time value of money exists. Invested funds spin off a return. Straight-line "purchase price per point per year" is not any kind of valid analysis.
🤷🏻‍♀️ I just picked a Wednesday -Monday mid November to compare rack rates and I ended up with $5,000.71 rack rate.

Maintenance fees are included in the $15.42 per point price (although not accounting for increasing dues and /or time value of money). Parking fees aren’t included in your valuation either.

there are those who want to stay at VGC and have painfully paid cash rates that will appreciate the value, even at $310 per point. And then there are some who feel it’s ludacris and no analysis will ever make sense to them 🙃

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter