ROFR Thread April - June 2017 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please remember that your total price MUST include all closing costs, maintenance fees, and other fees that are a part of the total.

Please make sure to use the nifty tool in Post One :)!

I completed the form but have not been able to post the string. I apologize for posting here. Will you please post the string in the correct place?

Thank you so much!

Disneydreams01---$134-$14491-100-VGF-Apr-0/16, 3/17, 100/18, 100/19- sent 04/01/2017 waiting

Last edited:

I think once the proverbial hammer comes down on us and we get this one taken like the last one, I'm going to take a break from BLT for a few months and reassess if/when Disney slows down exercising ROFR. I don't have the patience for this mess. I might just abandon BLT altogether. :confused3

I just wanted to add that it's so funny that when we bought VGF over a year ago, I didn't have any thoughts about ROFR. At the time, Disney wasn't buying any VGF back, so there were no issues with ROFR. I still remember getting the email that I passed and forgetting that was part of the process. My my my, how things change when you try to buy at BLT. :/

Last edited:
Was this just an offer to the seller or a contract submitted to Disney for Right of First Refusal (ROFR)?

beourguest2009---$70-$14700-210-BRV@WL-Apr-0/16, 172/17, 210/18, 210/19-seller pays MF '17- sent 4/4

We submitted our first offer today! A bit low but some room for negotiation! Thanks for maintaining this thread - a full time job!

Well that was quick! Seller won't even counter and they are firm on their price - on to others! :)

I think once the proverbial hammer comes down on us and we get this one taken like the last one, I'm going to take a break from BLT for a few months and reassess if/when Disney slows down exercising ROFR. I don't have the patience for this mess. I might just abandon BLT altogether. :confused3

I just wanted to add that it's so funny that when we bought VGF over a year ago, I didn't have any thoughts about ROFR. At the time, Disney wasn't buying any VGF back, so there were no issues with ROFR. I still remember getting the email that I passed and forgetting that was part of the process. My my my, how things change when you try to buy at BLT. :/

You submitted the same day as me I think (3/17). Hopefully they're just slow to release and you hear you passed in a day or two!

:sad: TAKEN :sad:

HickoryDickory---$88-$13964-150-BWV-Sep-0/16, 14/17, 150/18- sent 3/15, taken 4/4

Awww, that sucks. I'm sorry.

Did I see a new post of the new contract you're waiting on ROFR on? Your price per point is right in line with others that have passed (I'm looking at the last one that was taken), so maybe Disney is wanting June UY to sell direct to people who are in the parks? ("As in, and you'll have points coming on in 2 months...") I just realized that it's Passover/Easter week coming up and this week is extra long (my kid has off from school 4/8-4/18), and the hotels are booked up - and so maybe they're hoping to sell some points in the upcoming week? When is your ROFR 30 days up? Maybe they're just waiting to see if some poor schmoe wants to buy BLT direct at $185 pp. Good luck, I'm hoping this one makes it through!!

Did I see a new post of the new contract you're waiting on ROFR on? Your price per point is right in line with others that have passed (I'm looking at the last one that was taken), so maybe Disney is wanting June UY to sell direct to people who are in the parks? ("As in, and you'll have points coming on in 2 months...") I just realized that it's Passover/Easter week coming up and this week is extra long (my kid has off from school 4/8-4/18), and the hotels are booked up - and so maybe they're hoping to sell some points in the upcoming week? When is your ROFR 30 days up? Maybe they're just waiting to see if some poor schmoe wants to buy BLT direct at $185 pp. Good luck, I'm hoping this one makes it through!!

You did not see the new post with all the info. I was trying to just post it once I heard back as not to jinx it and being superstitious. However, I think that they are taking this one as well since most that submitted on 3/17 have heard back, and I still haven't. The same thing happened last time. They are slower to let you know when they're taking it which just seems wrong to me. :( This one is a different UY. I like that you threw a theory out there about Easter/Passover crowds. I throw them out as well. I am just being whiny. I'm sure my official post with the info will be up within a few days so that I can move on. This will be the second one they've taken from me. I'm not willing to pay more than I think they are worth though. Apparently, Disney likes my negotiating skills. Maybe I should start charging them commission on finding the deals! :scratchin

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter