• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

rockn' roller coaster & me

tileman

Donald Duck
Hi We just got back from MGM sat night went over for the star wars weekend thing
I my self am scared of roller coasters at the age of 35, sad but true.
I also race motocross and some of the jumps are 30 to 40 feet but once you do a new
jump and make it WOW what a feeling you get :D
So I have been trying to get the courage up to do them. Last Dec we did
TM that was a blast & have done it all most every time we go back.
But on to rockn' roller coaster. We went over there about 6:00 pm or so
line was 30 min wait so I backed out.
We went and did star wars ride & movie ride & came back to rockn' roller coaster
line was 15 min wait so I was trying to get my 13yr old to go on it with me
so I was not alone, not a chance she was going.
So I hopped in line to go. We did a pre show thing then out to the loading ramp
I saw that coaster take off and WOW I was thanking thats fast.
And was eyeing that exit door:(
But I said to myself theres tons of people that go on this ride and come back safe.
So I stayed in line and got right in the back seat of the coaster and was scared
to death. But next thing I knew was that we were off and going & I mean going FAST
before I knew it it was over. Only seemed like it lasted for 80sec. or so
but all this time I was scared to go on it. I was missing so much fun.
We are going back next weekend and yes I will be in line for it.
:D

When I went to WDW in January, my friend Elizabeth was all over me trying to get me to get on the R&R, and me being the biggest chicken in the known world, I didn't go...she had to ride by herself! The Disney "thrill" rides are just about the only ones I have never been on! So you were not alone in your chicken-atude. I don't know if I will ever go on ToT or R&R or any of those rides...I am curious but not that curious. Everyone keeps telling me, "It's so smooth!" but why would that make a difference to me????????

For the record I do ride Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, Splash Mountain, and The Matterhorn when I haven't had a meal within a few hours, and I do come off of them feeling a bit dizzy but I'm not scared of them. Somehow R&R and ToT and California Screamin' are different!!! Don't even get me thinking about the Maliboomer at DCA!!!

*preparing for people to try to convince me to ride*

:jester: :jester: :jester:

All I can say is that the Rockin' Roller Coaster is well..............R-O-C-K-I-N'!!!!!!!!!! I love it!

"Yeah, yeah dude looks like a lady...yeeeehaa!!!!!"

I am scared of heights, terrified of them in fact. So when I first went on TOT I thought I was probably going to die on the ride and never come out. Funny thing though, it's now one of my favorite rides in all of WDW! I go on it as much as possible every time I'm there. I also ride RnRC, and I do like it, but it sometimes gives me a headache when I'm done riding it. I'll try anything once though and I do ride both of these at least a few times every time we make it down there! California screamin....here I come!

Lisa

Ok, Tileman, now that you have conquered R&R, I am trying to plan a little trip to Ohio to Cedar Point. They have the 13 best coasters in the US. Want to come along? Once you have ridden one coaster you just won't ever be able to get enough. Peggie

I agree Peggie! When I met hubby, he did not ride roller coasters. I convinced him to get on Top Gun (well, I think he finally found the guts) at Kings Island.. and I have not been able to get him off of a coaster since then. We've even talked about taking a "roller coaster vacation" - travel the country to ride the best coasters. :)

Dar :bounce:

i never liked coasters until i screwed up my courage to go on the R&R. now i am a certified coaster junkie. who'd of thought, and in my 40's, at that! I really love the hulk coaster over at universal, even though our walkie talkie flew out of my husband's pocket. luckily, someone below saw it fall and it still worked! they called us on it and we got it back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter