Rock N Rollercoaster had tarp on it today

Was talking to a CM while waiting for the MK ferry boat at TTC. She works at HS on MMRR. Rock n Roller got discussed. Said it was going to rethemed to Jonas Brothers because a lot of people don’t know who Aerosmith is? My thoughts were 🤮.

From what I heard in other threads, the contract with Aerosmith is ending, and Universal has the rights. So I do suspect a re-theme soon. But it better not be in January! I'm already missing out on EE!
I also think Queen would be an amazing re-theme!
Just to be clear, it's Universal Music Group that will have rights to Aerosmith. This is not the same company that owns Universal Orlando.

The issue here is whether UMC and Disney can agree to new terms. One of the major reasons Disney went with Aerosmith back in the 1990s was that Aerosmith was a lot cheaper than other A List bands. UMC might decide to play hardball, in which case it would not surprise me if Disney dumps Aerosmith.

I heard Queen too. They had wanted The Rolling Stones and thank God they asked to much for licensing. Another idea originally before Aerosmith was The Beatles, again it didn't pass thankfully. I mean can you imagine a high speed thrill ride with either of those bands?

With that in mind what Queen song would you like them to use for Rock N Rollercoaster? I'll go first:
"Don't Stop Me now!"

I'm an Aerosmith fan, so I'd hate to see it no longer be their ride. Nothing against the Jonas Brothers but I really don't want to race to their concert LOL and they are hardly rock. I'd rather see a total re-theme than just picking another band.

With that in mind what Queen song would you like them to use for Rock N Rollercoaster? I'll go first:
"Don't Stop Me now!"
I love Aerosmith but I love Queen too so that retheme would be fine with me! How about "I Want to Break Free", or "Another One Bites the Dust". Not that one wants to bite the dust when they're on a roller coaster. :p

Please not Jonas Brothers!!

+1 for Queen

Retheme the coaster cars as bicycles and 3-2-1 go [OK not really, but I do like the song)

or my personal favorite Queen of all time :) , but I just cant see a "Disney" theme to work with this :rolleyes2

There are a lot of Queen songs with lyrics not exactly "PC" for the current times.... Well now that I think about that, the Aerosmith catalog has some moments as well... so nevermind :)

From what I heard in other threads, the contract with Aerosmith is ending, and Universal has the rights. So I do suspect a re-theme soon. But it better not be in January! I'm already missing out on EE!
I also think Queen would be an amazing re-theme!
We will be there in January, too, and really hope both EE and RNRC are not down at the same time.

+1 for Queen

Retheme the coaster cars as bicycles and 3-2-1 go [OK not really, but I do like the song)

or my personal favorite Queen of all time :) , but I just cant see a "Disney" theme to work with this :rolleyes2

There are a lot of Queen songs with lyrics not exactly "PC" for the current times.... Well now that I think about that, the Aerosmith catalog has some moments as well... so nevermind :)
They play "Love in an Elevator" I don't think it really matters lol

If they are doing a re-theme they have plenty of their own music related IPs. The muppets are in the park why not electric mayhem? I'm a huge goofy movie fan personally and racing to a Powerline concert would be fun!
I heard someone propose this (think on dis podcast) and ever since this gets my vote x100. With them putting IP everywhere this would be an excellent way for Disney to represent a great, under appreciate movie that would fit perfectly to the ride. I think going to any other band would be a miss on the retheme because no band will get universal recognition amongst Disney fans but at least giving goofy and max their own ride would have to hit the right notes for most (shame on those who don’t lol).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter