Rock N Rollercoaster had tarp on it today

i think it is hard to just pick another rock band, even a legendary one like Queen or ACDC... kinda feel like second choice.. ok swap out Aerosmith, insert Queen... dont know if an IP would be better, different direction than simply a replacement.. Def. not excited for a Jonas Bros or the like. WOuld prefer something like the Muppets and Electric Mayhem

+1 for Queen

Retheme the coaster cars as bicycles and 3-2-1 go [OK not really, but I do like the song)

or my personal favorite Queen of all time :) , but I just cant see a "Disney" theme to work with this :rolleyes2

There are a lot of Queen songs with lyrics not exactly "PC" for the current times.... Well now that I think about that, the Aerosmith catalog has some moments as well... so nevermind :)
Aerosmith song "Love in an Elevator", I always thought that was weird at Disney.

I was thinking what exactly is new for the 50th… Ratatouille, New Firework Shows, and a new philharmagic segment?

You missed tons and tons of 50th merch :)

So RnR is still open right, and still themed inside to Aerosmith? Wonder if the tarp is just there temporarily to refresh the exterior.

Oh man, AC/DC would be amazing. I was thinking Boston would be a good one too... Maybe they could just re-theme it to a cover band and have various songs play :D.
Metallica would be cool, but maybe too much for Disney? The Who would be interesting too! I like you're idea of just playing a lot of different artists!

It's almost like all those projects were put on hold for some reason. Wonder what that was... Wish I could put my finger on it...
Everything was put on hold when the parks closed for the pandemic; no work was being performed. When the parks reopened, they reassessed and delayed and canceled projects. Doubt we see half the things in the future that they had announced.

If it is Queen replacing Aerosmith do you think it would be original Queen or Queen with Adam Lambert? Or do you think they might do a hybrid version of it with both Freddie Mercury and Adam Lambert doing leaf vocals?
Freddie Mercury does the vocals on what we listen to. Would they still do the band members. I assume Disney would reverse age surviving members. Freddie Mercury stand in or virtual using old video reconstructions makes sense.

Everything was put on hold when the parks closed for the pandemic; no work was being performed. When the parks reopened, they reassessed and delayed and canceled projects. Doubt we see half the things in the future that they had announced.
Precisely, which is why it's ridiculous to act entitled and call it embarrassing when they've been a little sluggish getting those projects done. In a perfect world, sure, there would be no pandemic, and more projects would be done, but give the company a break. Rome wasn't built in a day, and clearly neither was TRON.

Precisely, which is why it's ridiculous to act entitled and call it embarrassing when they've been a little sluggish getting those projects done. In a perfect world, sure, there would be no pandemic, and more projects would be done, but give the company a break. Rome wasn't built in a day, and clearly neither was TRON.

Yes, Rome wasn’t built in a day, but it was an actual city not a theme park. Disney projects are funded with an immense amount of money from customers with expectations of a finished product. Some construction is to be expected due to the unforeseen delays of a pandemic, but the degree of which during an impending major anniversary is puzzling and frankly disappointing. Pandemic or not, they could have mitigated their projects to better suit guest experience during this important event.

They had 18+ months of quiet parks to come up with a plan to open without looking like a construction site. Yes, larger rides like Tron is understandable with a pandemic but instead they keep tossing tarps and walls all around while adding more projects to the list and adding more ride closures. Call me entitled if it makes you feel big, but it’s puzzling to me that they wouldn’t get through the first months of the anniversary without adding more projects to the table.

Yes, Rome wasn’t built in a day, but it was an actual city not a theme park. Disney projects are funded with an immense amount of money from customers with expectations of a finished product. Some construction is to be expected due to the unforeseen delays of a pandemic, but the degree of which during an impending major anniversary is puzzling and frankly disappointing. Pandemic or not, they could have mitigated their projects to better suit guest experience during this important event.

They had 18+ months of quiet parks to come up with a plan to open without looking like a construction site. Yes, larger rides like Tron is understandable with a pandemic but instead they keep tossing tarps and walls all around while adding more projects to the list and adding more ride closures. Call me entitled if it makes you feel big, but it’s puzzling to me that they wouldn’t get through the first months of the anniversary without adding more projects to the table.
Dude... Relax.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter