Riviera views from standard vs preferred

DurangoJim

Mouseketeer
Anyone actually know what the views will be? According to Disney the standard are just views of the parking lot, but looking on Google Maps it looks like you might be able to see Epcot from that side of the resort. We're debating between doing standard or upgrading to preferred for our trip in January. It would be great to see some kind of fireworks from our room whether it's EPCOT or DHS.
Thanks!

Educated or probably uneducated guesses have indicated preferred view will be theme park or water view, standard view will be parking lot and possibly others. My best guess is that most will be preferred and that DVD will follow its practice for dual view category resorts (such as BLT and AKV) of initially including a lot of lousy view rooms in the preferred view category, and thus keep the salable points high; then act surprised when it gets a lot of complaints about many of the preferred rooms having lousy views, and then it will act like it is doing everyone a favor by changing a number of preferred view rooms to standard, but will keep the total salable points applicable to the resort the same by raising points needed for preferred rooms.

Last edited:
Anyone actually know what the views will be? According to Disney the standard are just views of the parking lot, but looking on Google Maps it looks like you might be able to see Epcot from that side of the resort. We're debating between doing standard or upgrading to preferred for our trip in January. It would be great to see some kind of fireworks from our room whether it's EPCOT or DHS.
Thanks!
We're all interested in knowing that, LOL. Looking forward to the first few months that the Resort is open so that we can start collecting that data.

My guess is that if EPCOT can be seen, the rooms will be preferred, even if they overlook the parking lots and entrance. It will be like BLT - higher floors preferred, lower floors standard. We'll see. :)

When we took our DVC tour, we were told that standard view is on lower levels and overlooks parking lots. Preferred is view of gardens, pools, the Caribbean Beach resort, and a view of any theme park. Take that for what it's worth.

I wanted a standard room, but I have a preferred view room for Feb. I'll let you know

My guide said the same thing about the standard being lower floors. There aren’t that many standard rooms so that tracks

Have a standard view in March for a couple nights on our spring break trip. I'm looking forward to looking at the parking lot for 5 minutes then closing the curtains and going exploring around the rest of the resort, the pool, the bars etc...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!