Riviera Tower Studios?

zacharyt25

Polynesian Resort Enthusiast
Hi! So, currently rescheduling a trip that was to take place in August for April 2021, just my BF and I. We are looking at the riviera and the tower studios are at a decent price right now- has anyone stayed in one of these? I don't love the murphy bed, and it looks a little small, but everything looks super new and the resort itself looks amazing, so I'm a little town. Any experiences appreciated!

the tower studios remind me of a cruise room; very small and everything you need for a hotel room. if you don’t mind having a sofa bed then i definitely think it will be worth it for you two. the bathrooms are really nice (a huge shower and decent counter space) and the patio views are always decent. i say go for it

Hi! So, currently rescheduling a trip that was to take place in August for April 2021, just my BF and I. We are looking at the riviera and the tower studios are at a decent price right now- has anyone stayed in one of these? I don't love the murphy bed, and it looks a little small, but everything looks super new and the resort itself looks amazing, so I'm a little town. Any experiences appreciated!

the tower studios remind me of a cruise room; very small and everything you need for a hotel room. if you don’t mind having a sofa bed then i definitely think it will be worth it for you two. the bathrooms are really nice (a huge shower and decent counter space) and the patio views are always decent. i say go for it
Just to note it is not a sofa bed. Its murphy style bed that has a real queen mattress and not a sofa bed mattress.

Hi. I stayed there for the Disney Half Marathon weekend in January. The room is small but adequate for 2 people. The bathroom and shower are great. As for the bed, the mattress was fine for me to sleep on (normal mattress inside the murphy bed). I had two issues with it:

1) the way it is designed, it is hard to have a drink, phone or anything else you need on the front shelves by the bed and get to them easily.
2) when the bed is down, it takes up a ton of the room so walking around is somewhat hampered.

I would say, if all you need the room for is to sleep, it is a good option that is centrally located. I liked the quiet pool area and the quick access to the skyliners. Did not like the quick serve restaurant, not enough seating and slow service.

Overall the resort is beautiful and well placed.

Hope this helps.

We have stayed in a tower room twice....if you get a great price then it is worth it if you can deal with very small spaces. I personally could probably not do more than one night as it is just too small for my tastes. If you do stay in one...request a high floor in the middle of the 3 rooms...the views of the parks at night are fantastic!!

The tower studios are very nice but for a few bucks more you could get the studio which is very large. That is where i'm hoping to stay one of these days.

The tower studios are very nice but for a few bucks more you could get the studio which is very large. That is where i'm hoping to stay one of these days.
Yes! Exactly why I chose to book a deluxe studio over the tower studio for September. I normally wouldn't book there at all, but the AP discount makes it too good to pass up. It's about $70/night more for the deluxe studio but we like to enjoy the room/resort during the day and I can't stay in a space as small as the tower studio so I feel like the upgrade is worth it and a good price.

We have stayed in a tower room twice....if you get a great price then it is worth it if you can deal with very small spaces. I personally could probably not do more than one night as it is just too small for my tastes. If you do stay in one...request a high floor in the middle of the 3 rooms...the views of the parks at night are fantastic!!

we were gonna stay 4 nights but now looking to do a week.... so I’m not so sure about it now since it is quite small! I wish the discounts would come out already, we’d probably go for the deluxe suite but it’s a big risk money wise, not knowing if they will post a discount at some point

I'm aware I have lower expectations than most but I don't think it's that small. I've lived in 600-700 sq.ft. apartments for years and never had an issue. It certainly looks larger than a lot of hotel rooms I've stayed at in NYC and Paris. I guess it depends on what you need the room for, but I think it's a decent choice for a single or a couple who wants a new hotel with good transportation. It does seems pretty expensive compared to other options though, even with the AP discount.

I'm aware I have lower expectations than most but I don't think it's that small. I've lived in 600-700 sq.ft. apartments for years and never had an issue. It certainly looks larger than a lot of hotel rooms I've stayed at in NYC and Paris. I guess it depends on what you need the room for, but I think it's a decent choice for a single or a couple who wants a new hotel with good transportation. It does seems pretty expensive compared to other options though, even with the AP discount.
It's 255 sf. If it was square it would be about 15'x15'. And that includes closets, bathroom, kitchenette. The bed is queen sized.
RR Tower Studio.png

Last edited:
It's 255 sf. If it was square it would be about 15'x15'. And that includes closets, bathroom, kitchenette.
Sorry, I'm not following. Isn't the room 255 square feet? That doesn't seem too bad, although the bathroom looks disproportionately large.

Sorry, I'm not following. Isn't the room 255 square feet? That doesn't seem too bad, although the bathroom looks disproportionately large.

Agreed. It's considerable larger than the solo stateroom I had on the Celebrity Edge in February - that was 131 square feet. It's about the size of most cruiseline balcony staterooms (at least Disney/Royal/Celebrity).

It looks like the bathroom is about 1/3 of the space. I don't know if they count the balcony in the sf.

Agreed. It's considerable larger than the solo stateroom I had on the Celebrity Edge in February - that was 131 square feet. It's about the size of most cruiseline balcony staterooms (at least Disney/Royal/Celebrity).
True. But I’ll bet that a large percentage of your stateroom wasn’t taken up by the bathroom like the tower studio is.

It really comes down to how much time you expect to be in the room, just like your stateroom on a ship. I can imagine that there are plenty of couples and solo travelers who would be comfortable in a Tower studio.

True. But I’ll bet that a large percentage of your stateroom wasn’t taken up by the bathroom like the tower studio is.

It really comes down to how much time you expect to be in the room, just like your stateroom on a ship. I can imagine that there are plenty of couples and solo travelers who would be comfortable in a Tower studio.

I didn’t measure it out, but between the entryway and bathroom and queen-sized bed there was not a ton of extra space. Enough room for me though. If any were available Marathon Weekend I would consider one. But there are not. Only regular Studios.

facebook twitter