Rivers of light wheelchair/ECV access

u

FYI, there is wheelchair seating at Fantasmic right down in front. You will have to ask specifically for it from a CM and they will have to guide you down there down a ramp from the side of the amphitheater. If there are non-disabled people sitting in the area, they will ask them to move. Be warned, though, you will get wet! But it is great fun!
on page 2, there are pictures of the accessible seating in both the front and back of the theater

Is there a place to park ECVs? We will have two, though the people using them can walk shorter distances. It would be easier for them to just park the ECV near an entrance and walk to the seats.

Is there a place to park ECVs? We will have two, though the people using them can walk shorter distances. It would be easier for them to just park the ECV near an entrance and walk to the seats.

Your party will simply need to let the CMs know that they prefer to park the ECVs and walk to their seats. There will be a parking area for mobility devices and strollers - don't be surprised if the ECVs get moved around a little before you get back to them at the end of the show.

1) has this become DAS available yet?
2) if i dont want to get out of my ECV ( even though I am able to ) can i still sit in it?

1) has this become DAS available yet?
2) if i dont want to get out of my ECV ( even though I am able to ) can i still sit in it?
1 as fair as I know no it is not DAS yet.

2 yes you can stay in your ECV there are sosts up front and in the back for ECV wheelchair

I've read through the thread, but didn't see any mention of the ROL dessert party. Is the seating shared with the dining package folks? Is it in a separate area?

I've read through the thread, but didn't see any mention of the ROL dessert party. Is the seating shared with the dining package folks? Is it in a separate area?

I don't think we have had anyone here do the ROL dessert party yet...

First time in AK with a wheelchair. We have our FPs for ROL but would like to know if you have to line up at a different area even with the FP?
i am going in my wheelchair, will my 5 family members all be allowed to sit in the handicapped section, i remain inmy wheelchair

i am going in my wheelchair, will my 5 family members all be allowed to sit in the handicapped section, i remain inmy wheelchair
Yes I think there is room for one or two people next to you the rest of your group will need to sit infront of you

Not where I was directed, there wasn’t. That was in the back and there was only a place for one companion. I think if you get there early enough for a spot in front that there’s more room for family on the seating directly behind you. That same strategy doesn’t work if you end up in the back. There’s a wall separating the spots for ECVs/WCs and the benched seating in front of them. I couldn’t see or talk to my family seated in front of me.

23858943-49F1-4F46-9689-07BB6EA93411.jpeg 59FDD076-992D-481D-B42D-2A8A307AD87F.jpeg
Not where I was directed, there wasn’t. That was in the back and there was only a place for one companion. I think if you get there early enough for a spot in front that there’s more room for family on the seating directly behind you. That same strategy doesn’t work if you end up in the back. There’s a wall separating the spots for ECVs/WCs and the benched seating in front of them. I couldn’t see or talk to my family seated in front of me.
It really depends on exactly where you are seated.
The ADA requires at least one companion seat per handicapped space. In order to have the largest number of handicapped spaces, much of the seating for ROL is set up with one companion seat.
The bottom picture is the seating in the back that CJN is talking about. The top picture is seating at the bottom of the theater, along the water. The spot near the top of the top picture has 3 companion seats.

Thanks for posting that picture again, SueM. I’m so hoping to get a spot on the bottom to sit with family this next time. It’s hard to tell in that lower picture but the stadium seating in front of that cement wall is low enough that, iirc, you can’t even see the heads of your family if they’re sitting in front of you.

Thanks for posting that picture again, SueM. I’m so hoping to get a spot on the bottom to sit with family this next time. It’s hard to tell in that lower picture but the stadium seating in front of that cement wall is low enough that, iirc, you can’t even see the heads of your family if they’re sitting in front of you.
You are correct. When you are at the top seating, area for the rest of your party to sit is below that cement wall.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts