Rise of the Resistance ECV access

Hi Mamabunny:) I want to thank you for all your great advice regarding my husband and ECV's. I think he would do good with a rollator, but wonder how those are handled on the buses? Do you get in the W/C line, or get on like someone with a stroller, and fold it up? Also, do you park them with the strollers if you don't need it? If you are in the long queue for RoTR and need to use it, what do you do with it when you get to the ride vehicle?
I just need to know what is expected as far as using a rollator. It never seems to be covered as to what to do with one?
Thanks again:)

Hi! 🙂 @SueM in MN answered exactly how I would have! 🙂

Remember that if you have any questions as you approach a particular ride, attraction or food service location, you can always ask the Cast Members stationed at the doors! I hope y'all have a lovely time!

After watching a whole lot of videos and reading a whole lot of reports, I‘m going to make a new thread with information and pictures about both Star Wars attractions.
i have ridden Smugglers’ Run, but not the new one.
This is about the new Rise of the Resistance

The queue is wheelchair and ECV accessible, but requires a transfer to a ride vehicle from what is posted on the Disney website/My Disney Experience and articles & twitter posts.
I have seen videos with wheelchairs and ECVs in line and various parts of the walking portion, but have not seen any reports from people using a mobility device.

The attraction includes a walking portion, two ride vehicles and a total of 4 ride systems.
The first ride vehicle is a transport ship where guests stand; there are grab bars. From the videos and the fact that guests are standing, the ride appears to be pretty smooth.
There are random lights - I saw white, green and red. The light flashes are random - mostly First Order ships firing on your ship.
That is the first ride vehicle and first ride system. Since this is kind of long, I’ll make another post for the rest.

BA145ECE-3DA1-438F-9CD2-043B5F4DE846.jpegFE7733A3-2DE8-4DC8-89C1-DD811E39EA1B.jpeg

This is a continuation of a post about accessibility of Rise of the Resistance. I have not ridden it, so the information is from watching many videos and reading other people’s experiences.
Many portions of the attraction include lights of various size, brightness and intensity. The lights are mostly random and not rhythmic or particularly fast. Colors were mostly white, red and green.

The ride includes a walking portion, which is wheelchair/ ECV accessible. It includes 2 ride vehicles and 4 ride systems. The other post was about the first ride vehicle/system, which is accessible and can be driven right on with a mobility device.

After being ‘captured’, the captured rebels are ushered into holding areas and separated into ‘interrogation rooms’, which are accessible. Some of the hallways are small and/or narrow; other are very large. The entire process looks very realistic and intimidatin.

DB8A39EB-9EA4-4443-B5D7-A888A1D25CB8.jpeg33F4E7E9-7427-4E02-9545-F92AD928638E.jpeg

While in an interrogation area, your group is rescued by a rebel group and brought into a boarding area for small transport vehicles for escape.

748DB645-B7C8-4A62-B84A-ADA886CE122D.jpeg

The escape vehicles are trackless 8 passenger vehicles, each with 2 rows of 4 seats.
A transfer from wheelchair or ECV is required into the ride vehicle. The side door is able to be opened to make an easier transfer or sliding transfer.
THIS is the ONLY transfer. Guests will be in this same ride vehicle until the end of the attraction.
It looks like about a 6 inch step over the side to get in and out of the vehicle. Seats appear to be about chair height. I have not seen any pictures or videos that clearly show restraints, so can’t comment about that. If there are restraints, it looks like seat belts, rather than bar. There are no over shoulder restraints.
A6625E7E-0B40-4DC4-A474-B08F7E40B746.jpegC161E6E4-4B9D-4090-9DC3-CFB9A2DFDEC5.jpeg
The individual vehicles are independent of each other. They can and do move in any direction, including backwards and sideway.
The videos make the motions look random, but they are probably in reaction to things happening in the room, so most are probably not as random as the videos show.
The motions appear to be fluid and fairly slow, not jerky or fast.

This vehicle has 3 ride systems -1) the trackless, flat movement, 2) your ride vehicle going into a lift, then back to trackless flat movement (some thru narrow spaces).

3) An elevator with a drop. First reports said there would be a 40 foot drop. I haven’t seen any reports that detail the drop actually is. My guess from watching the videos is that the actual drop is much smaller and is augmented to look farther by the video you can see outside the elevator window in front of you.
After the drop, your ride car goes back to trackless flat motion.
Before the unload point, it makes a turn which means guests will be getting off on the same side of the vehicle as they got on.
We have no reports, but it appears wheelchairs/ECVs/mobility devices will be brought from the load point where guests go onto the vehicle to the unload point.

I will add more details as I get them.
350C4E80-0CD9-489B-9B78-EC984E823075.jpeg

You can drive your ECV from the Epcot-area resorts to DHS. You can't from anywhere else though.

If the buses start at 5:15 for a 6 AM opening, at 6 for 7AM, and 6:30 for 8 AM and later, why do you feel you need a rideshare?

You can drive your ECV from the Epcot-area resorts to DHS. You can't from anywhere else though.

Well... Actually, OKW, POFQ & POR are considered (by Disney) to be "Epcot Area" resorts. And those - as far as I know - don't have any safe passage to/from Epcot (or HS) as far as sidewalks/walkways etc; you would have to ride in the road which is NOT COOL by any standards. (Also, pretty sure that Security will come and give you a free ride to an evaluation for a fashionable jacket - lots of straps! - that buckles down the back... 🙃)

If the buses start at 5:15 for a 6 AM opening, at 6 for 7AM, and 6:30 for 8 AM and later, why do you feel you need a rideshare?
Seems too risky to get there an hour before opening. Boarding groups have been gone by 30 minutes after opening and if you want to guarantee you get on the ride you really need to be there at least an hour early and even then your boarding group may be in the afternoon/evening.

Well... Actually, OKW, POFQ & POR are considered (by Disney) to be "Epcot Area" resorts. And those - as far as I know - don't have any safe passage to/from Epcot (or HS) as far as sidewalks/walkways etc; you would have to ride in the road which is NOT COOL by any standards. (Also, pretty sure that Security will come and give you a free ride to an evaluation for a fashionable jacket - lots of straps! - that buckles down the back... 🙃)
There used to be a kid in my neighborhood who drove his electric wheelchair on the road. There were no sidewalks so he would just speed along the road lol

Actually,
Disney calls OKW, POFQ, POR and Saratoga Springs « Disney Springs » area resorts. Before Disney Springs, they were called Downtown Disney area resorts..

The ones Disney calls « Epcot Area » resorts are the ones where guests could actually walk or ride the Friendship boats to/from Epcot. At least that’s the ones that used to be.
I noticed Caribbean Beach and Riviera are also included in Epcot area - probably because guests can take the Skyliner right to Epcot.

Actually,
Disney calls OKW, POFQ, POR and Saratoga Springs « Disney Springs » area resorts. Before Disney Springs, they were called Downtown Disney area resorts..

The ones Disney calls « Epcot Area » resorts are the ones where guests could actually walk or ride the Friendship boats to/from Epcot. At least that’s the ones that used to be.
I noticed Caribbean Beach and Riviera are also included in Epcot area - probably because guests can take the Skyliner right to Epcot.

I hadn't checked lately - thanks for the info!

I remember the first time our family stayed at POFQ, it was called an "Epcot area Resort". We always thought it was because there are a handful of spots at POFQ where if you are on the upper level balconies facing Epcot, you can see the fireworks pretty well! No music, but still fireworks LOL

You can also sometimes catch a really nice glimpse of them going across the lake on the water taxis at Disney Springs. We rode back to the Port Orleans docks one night, and had a fireworks show the whole way until we turned to go up the Sassagoula river!

There used to be a kid in my neighborhood who drove his electric wheelchair on the road. There were no sidewalks so he would just speed along the road lol

There is a person in a neighboring small town that does that on a regular basis. Scares the hoopy-doopers right out of me every time I see him. Local police know his schedule well enough, and if there is nothing going on, they will follow him at a safe distance to "cover" his back, because it's a rural area, and he has to cross a busy county line road just to get into town to get his groceries.

I am all for being independent, and doing for yourself, but driving a mobility device on a public road is not something I am ever going to do. I think it's just too dangerous. People get mad enough when they are "stuck" behind you at the store, or other public venue... I don't want anyone in a 2 or 3 ton vehicle right behind me to get mad enough to do something stupid.

And with that... Let's get back to our original topic! LOL

I was able to take my ECV all the way into the boarding area. The restraint is a very long seatbelt. DAS is able to use the fastpass line and it does not overwrite any other return time you hold.

I was able to take my ECV all the way into the boarding area. The restraint is a very long seatbelt. DAS is able to use the fastpass line and it does not overwrite any other return time you hold.

Wait, they are allowing you access to RotR and you can have a DAS return for another attraction?

You already have to have a boarding group. They just let DAS holders in the Fastpass line when their boarding group is called.
Basically, everyone gets a return time for Rise of the Resistance.
DAS holders are coming back to the Fastpass line and other guests are using the regular line.

A change from the first few days. After being captured from the transport vehicle ECV guests are asked if they can walk short distances, if so you'll walk through the interrogation corridors to your escape vehicle. I'll speculate getting ECVs to the end was taking too much time.
Some ECV guests want to leave earlier then available with Disney transportation. You can call Mears and order a wheelchair accessible taxi. That's their lingo for a van with a ramp which accommodates ECV. I was quoted $22 for POR Riverside to DHS. I was charged a meter rate of around $15.60
Edited to add the standard Gold Mobility scooter, pride 10 maybe has no problem going through the regular que. Obviously yourevalliwef to stay in your scooter up to the escape vehicle, if possible they want you to walk that distance

Last edited:
A change from the first few days. After being captured from the transport vehicle ECV guests are asked if they can walk short distances, if so you'll walk through the interrogation corridors to your escape vehicle. I'll speculate getting ECVs to the end was taking too much time.
Some ECV guests want to leave earlier then available with Disney transportation. You can call Mears and order a wheelchair accessible taxi. That's their lingo for a van with a ramp which accommodates ECV. I was quoted $22 for POR Riverside to DHS. I was charged a meter rate of around $15.60
Edited to add the standard Gold Mobility scooter, pride 10 maybe has no problem going through the regular que. Obviously yourevalliwef to stay in your scooter up to the escape vehicle, if possible they want you to walk that distance
I‘m guessing your speculation is correct. Especially, if there are multiple ECVs to move close together.
The same thing happened at Pirates, that’s why they prefer even people with their own manual wheelchair to use an attraction wheelchair.

You already have to have a boarding group. They just let DAS holders in the Fastpass line when their boarding group is called.

Does the standard queue (with no FP loading at the time) really take more than 10 minutes? Are there preshow things going on that the FP queue misses or something? With limited access due to the boarding groups, I'm surprised the wait in the standard queue is that long.

Does the standard queue (with no FP loading at the time) really take more than 10 minutes? Are there preshow things going on that the FP queue misses or something? With limited access due to the boarding groups, I'm surprised the wait in the standard queue is that long.
Reports I have seen say anywhere from 45 to an hour from the time you enter. They have been having technical issues pretty much since it opened. I think this is contributing to the extended wait times. From what I understand the 18 minute run time starts from the point of boarding the first "transport"

Is there a special line I need to use to go through Hollywood Studios security with an ECV? I was figuring there is a wheelchair line and I don't want to line up in the wrong line Saturday morning

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter